Product Review....Silk Elements Glossing Polish

sexycaramel03

O.k. I currently use the Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol and I'm really lovin it! So I go in Sally's b/c I've just bought a Jilbere Ceramic Flat Iron over the Easter holidays and I wanted to try their generic brand of the Biosilk Silk Therapy so I can have that light flowy hair. I've felt the consistency of the REAL Biosilk Silk Therapy so I knew what to look/feel for with the generic brand. I tested the consistency of the generic Silk Therapy and it's really thick and sticky. Ughh! So I decided to stop being cheap and get the real Biosilk Silk Therapy but before I left Sally's I had to walk around the whole store to check out their products. While I was visiting the Silk Elements section (Checking out their relaxers. I am 15 weeks post relaxer), something NEW caught my eyes. It was the Silk Elements Glossing Polish. I decided to open the bottle to see how it felt. The consistency of the glossing polish felt just like the REAL Biosilk Silk Therapy!!! I snatched it up along with some other things and went on my merry way. To make long story short I came home, washed, conditioned and blowdryed. I didn't use any leave ins. I applied the Silk Elements Glossing Polish all over then divided the hair in four sections applied some again to each section and proceeded to flat iron w/ my Jilbere Ceramic Flat iron. My hair came out shiny and light as a feather!!! Now I won't have to spend an arm and a leg on the Real Silk Therapy. Oh yeah it only costs $3.99.

How much new growth do you have? The reason why I am asking because I have been transitioning for 6 months and I use a flat iron to straighten the new growth. Does the new growth look like relax hair? I was going to get the generic Biosilk and didn't because it has alcohol in it. I think I am going to try the glossing polish.

Thanks for the review

[ QUOTE ]
Honey1 said:
How much new growth do you have? The reason why I am asking because I have been transitioning for 6 months and I use a flat iron to straighten the new growth. Does the new growth look like relax hair? I was going to get the generic Biosilk and didn't because it has alcohol in it. I think I am going to try the glossing polish.

Thanks for the review

[/ QUOTE ]

I have about 1.5-2" of new growth. When I flat iron my hair with the Jilbere Ceramic Flat iron my new growth looks as if it's been freshly relaxed. I haven't tried the generic Biosilk Silk Therapy but I could tell by it's consistency that it wasn't the same as the real Silk Therapy. The Glossing Polish felt more like the Real Biosilk Silk Therapy than the generic brand. I say give it a try. It's only $3.99. You have nothing to lose.

Back