Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

This is getting soo hard!!!! I am currently 9 weeks post and my ng is starting to act up!! All the sweating is just making my hair all jacked up! I feel that after having the baby the texture of my ng has changed and with the pp shedding, it is just craziness up in this head! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to 24 weeks with summer coming... :wallbash: I am even thinking about cutting my hair :ohwell:

This is getting soo hard!!!! I am currently 9 weeks post and my ng is starting to act up!! All the sweating is just making my hair all jacked up! I feel that after having the baby the texture of my ng has changed and with the pp shedding, it is just craziness up in this head! I don't know if I'll be able to make it to 24 weeks with summer coming... :wallbash: I am even thinking about cutting my hair :ohwell:
You mean a minor trim right?:look:

You mean a minor trim right?:look:

No, I mean cutting at least 4 inches. I am having some post partum shedding and after giving my hair a protein overload last month and frying my ends with a cheap flatiron, I have some breakage as well. It is just a little difficult for me to give my hair at this length the proper care it needs at this particular time in my life. THe same thing happened when I gave birth to my first child and I cut my hair from almost HL to below SL. I know it will grow back, but right now this long is not very manageable for me...:nono:

:thud:

I'm just going to pretend you didn't type that!!!!!

WHATTTTTT?!?!?

Thats almost murder. I can see it definitely grew back but wow, I couldnt fathom the thought of cutting that short. My BSL but from HL to SL...WOW!

No, I mean cutting at least 4 inches. I am having some post partum shedding and after giving my hair a protein overload last month and frying my ends with a cheap flatiron, I have some breakage as well. It is just a little difficult for me to give my hair at this length the proper care it needs at this particular time in my life. THe same thing happened when I gave birth to my first child and I cut my hair from almost HL to below SL. I know it will grow back, but right now this long is not very manageable for me...:nono:

Well ladies!

I am going to have to come out of this challenge. Its either rock puffy buns or rollerset. My hair looks and feels healthy with rollersets. I have alot going from now till August so I dont have the luxury of battling with my super thick and dry new growth. So I'll be relaxing this Thursday at 12 weeks!

Good Luck ladies...

Well as of yesterday I hit the 4 months post mark. Definitely decided to continue until 6 months. I plan to relax on July 1st. I am adding some new things to the routine to assist with making it through the additional two months.

Well as of yesterday I hit the 4 months post mark. Definitely decided to continue until 6 months. I plan to relax on July 1st. I am adding some new things to the routine to assist with making it through the additional two months.

Good for you chica...:yep:

I am going to try this, not sure what my stretch will be yet. But right now i am about 10 weeks post, so I will try and stretch for at least 4 months. When I reach that point if things go ok, i may try for 6months.

Last edited:
Well ladies I'm still holding strong. 19 weeks post my siggy shows my NG, I took that today and updated my fotki, don't know what's up with the quality. I'll take some more when I cowash Tuesday or Wed, hopefully the quality on those will be better.

Can I ask what products everyone is using for their stretch or transition? This is easy for me now (4 weeks post) but after about 6-8 weeks she (my hair) will get moody and not like me very well! LOL!!! Seriously, what products are good to use to prevent breakage for this type of challenge?

Count me in ladies! This time around, my goal is to stretch 6 months before self-relaxing for my birthday(October 3rd).

Thanks Aggie for suggesting this challenge for me.

Can I ask what products everyone is using for their stretch or transition? This is easy for me now (4 weeks post) but after about 6-8 weeks she (my hair) will get moody and not like me very well! LOL!!! Seriously, what products are good to use to prevent breakage for this type of challenge?

Ivy just remember to protein treat your hair on a regular basis and DC DC DC and make sure to keep your moisturized daily. You may have a few products in your aresenal of products already so just use what you have. Some of the ladies made mention of some of the things they will be doing to assist them with their stretches, so read through to see if any of them might work for you. I am using protective styles to help me out.

Well ladies I'm still holding strong. 19 weeks post my siggy shows my NG, I took that today and updated my fotki, don't know what's up with the quality. I'll take some more when I cowash Tuesday or Wed, hopefully the quality on those will be better.

Your new growth looks nice and soft Mrs R.

when i was in my 11th month i couldn't even get a comb thru it ..even under the running water. What worked for me was after I shampooed and conditioned, while i was still in shower i would put my leave in in.(rusk) . Then quickly dip head under water to wet it a lil.. then pull back with the leave in in. The comb would glide thru hair after doing all that..lol..this helped me tremendously. :yep:

Well ladies!

I am going to have to come out of this challenge. Its either rock puffy buns or rollerset. My hair looks and feels healthy with rollersets. I have alot going from now till August so I dont have the luxury of battling with my super thick and dry new growth. So I'll be relaxing this Thursday at 12 weeks!

Good Luck ladies...

Twelve weeks is still a long time. It's double what the manufacturers recommend. Good luck with your hair.

Last edited:
Yesterday was my 5 month mark. I'm in the middle of finals right now so to save time, i changed my routine. Instead of co-washing everyday or every other day like i normally do, last thursday I shampooed my hair with my usual, did a light protein treatment, deep conditioned as usual and did a wet to dry flat iron with my FHI. It came out really well (sorry for the lack of pics, i have some on my bb but i'm lazy) expecially considering the 5 months of 4ab coils on my head. Thus far it has lasted 6 days, even considering the fact that it has been raining non-stop in NY. I will be washing on Thursday and trying something new for the next 7 days.

Thanks for this, I'm sure I am going to need this when I get closer to this point! :yep:

when i was in my 11th month i couldn't even get a comb thru it ..even under the running water. What worked for me was after I shampooed and conditioned, while i was still in shower i would put my leave in in.(rusk) . Then quickly dip head under water to wet it a lil.. then pull back with the leave in in. The comb would glide thru hair after doing all that..lol..this helped me tremendously. :yep:

Back