Infusium the culprit?

syze6

I love my stylist but I notice that I have small pieces of hair breaking afterward. If I wrap my hair I will see breakeage. When he shampoos and condition he sprays infusium in the hair then sits you under the dryer 10 min. before blowdrying.

When I first started coming I was a little suprised to see someone using it! Well after I am styled he sprays this shine spray that isn't spritz. He also uses some type of motions cream when curling the hair. I'm trying to figure out the culprit among these products.

Here is an article that might help: Shedding vs. Breakage.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar..._or_breakage_understanding.html?page=5&cat=69
(There is also a related article called "The Fine Art of Protein and Moisture Balancing for Black Hair Care." It helped me a lot.)

It says that breakage comes from either excess manipulation of the hair strand or lack of moisture in the hair strand.

I'm pretty sure Infusium is a protein treatment which means that you might need more moisture in your hair. Since he's sitting you under the dryer with the Infusium and THEN curling your hair, the excess heat and direct heat styling could be adding to the breakage as well.

My advice would be to check out the articles and see what applies to you. You could talk to your stylist about what's been going on with your hair and see if he makes a change. If you'd rather not risk offending this stylist that you love, just solve the breakage issue through your personal hair regiment.

Hope that helps!

^^Yes, I was going to say that to my knowledge Infusium IS a protein treatment. Your hair may be too hard and need moisture as opposed to so much protein.

Back