Incredibly Stupid Black Hair Myths

^^^^lmao! wow talk about dumb *** excuses
zuriqueen No she was just throwing shade :lol: She has a weird girl crush on one of my friends and she's always doing that whenever my friend talks about me. She couldn't hate on the length of my hair (she has long hair also) and that's all she could come up with. :lachen:

Lawd Ham Mer C .....

I would like to think the rationale behind not bathing or washing anything during your period was used as a protective mechanism for women. Maybe the stench was used to keep men away during your menstruation. JMHThought.

I've heard this myth as you shouldn't sit in a bath tub while on your period. Not that you shouldn't bathe at all. :lol: I don't know why people say it or where it came from but I've heard it before. It just a myth though.

Years ago I was combing my hair in front of an old friend of mine & she said

" you shouldnt throw your dead hair in the bin, bcoz people could raid your rubbish & collect all your dead hair and make it in to a wig"

I truly didn't know whether i should have laughed, cryed or told her to go home... :peace:

I asked her if she was on the juice :alcoholic

This is the most horrible thing/myth I have ever heard. A newborn? Gtfoh! A relaxer on a newborn? Some newborns don't even have hair you'd be burning their scalp off.

I think this is the point though ... it's like catching the hair before it gets a chance to turn nappy :perplexed I had never heard of it until a co-worker told me about it. I was flabbergasted and kept expressing my disgust, she seemed to look a little annoyed ... which made me wonder if she had ever tried it on her child.

I think this is the point though ... it's like catching the hair before it gets a chance to turn nappy :perplexed I had never heard of it until a co-worker told me about it. I was flabbergasted and kept expressing my disgust, she seemed to look a little annoyed ... which made me wonder if she had ever tried it on her child.

Sounds like it, lol. That is horrible. I'm lost as to how someone for real for real, lol, would think this works. I'm glad my family is not relaxer happy. Heck, I had to beg for one when I was old enough.

This was a quite interesting thread. Most were new to me. You have black stylist that will tell you that black folk should not wash their hair too often. It would seem that washing the hair drys it out but I though that water was moist. IDK. Oh, it is bad to go longer than 8 weeks between relaxers. You hair will start to break and I suppose that there is some truth to that if you're not taking care of the two textures. I have stretched 14 week with no problems. So that myth is a lie from the bowels of hell. I have a very different type hair too.

Back