I'M UNDER THE DRYER WITH ROLLERS RIGHT NOW...WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR HAIR???

Nice & Wavy

It feels so good! :grin:

I'm getting in my last 'straight' rollerset before April 1st, when I get to "Juicin" with Carefree Gold.....:lachen:

I had gotten a sample from Fredrick Fekkai Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner. So, I used the shampoo, and it was ok...I did do a 2nd shampoo with Creme of Nature after that (need to get rid of the rest of this...nice, but don't want to use nothing but natural products now) and then did a deep condition with Wheat Protein Conditioner (Dominican) and steamed it under the dryer for 40 minutes (my hair was sooooo soft afterwards.....:lick:)

Now I'm under the dryer and will leave the curls...I won't flatiron or wrap my hair at all. I will just put my scarf on and that's it!

I cowashed yesterday, so I rinsed it in the shower a few minutes ago, now I'm about to slap some juice on it.

I co-washed yesterday evening. This evening I put on some CFC Gold and some ORS twist and loc gel. I put my hair in 6 twists and hope for the best tomorrow. My hair is too long to look cute sticking up, but too short to hang down with twistouts and braidouts. BUT I keep trying anyway!

I'm untangling, moisturizing and sealing. I'm doing a braid out tonight. I'm 24 weeks post!!:blush:

I'm DCing under the dryer right now. I'm so sleepy, but I still have to rollerset and get back under here for an hour. Ugh!

Today was washday, yay!

I prepoo'd and gave my self a nice long scalp massage with CD Lisa's Hair Elixer, washed with its a 10 miracle moisture shampoo. Aphogee 2min for me today followed by V05 strawberries and cream rinsed out in shower. On to detangle and DC with a mix of it's a 10 miracle mask and Joico K-pak Intense Hydrator.

Used a few liberal squirts of my aphogee green-tea and a tiny bit of my sunsilk HydraTLC 24/7 creme<<--can I just tell you this stuff is amaaazing! my hair feels so moisturized. I really like this product.

I blew it out and flat-ironed with my beloved FHi:yep:

***Just finished silk-wrapping with saran under the dryer and I'm done***

I just finished taking out my 2+ month braids out!! Praise the Lord!!! About to eat some dinner then pre-poo and wash.

I'm prepooing with olive oil right now...even though I'm not going to use shampoo:rolleyes: Then I'm juicin it up 2morow after I rinse out my coconut milk deep condition:lick: I hope I dont slip and fall on all the juice..gotta get me a spray bottle pick like my siggy :look:

I'm prepooing with olive oil right now...even though I'm not going to use shampoo:rolleyes: Then I'm juicin it up 2morow after I rinse out my coconut milk deep condition:lick: I hope I dont slip and fall on all the juice..gotta get me a spray bottle pick like my siggy :look:
:thud: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Me too. I can't find one on eBay. Just an ugly spray bottle comb :O

It's cold here again :( I was looking forward to dc'ing and everything tonight. I think I'll just detangle and prepoo tonight and then dc tomorrow afternoon.

I'm doing an all-natural protein treatment right now as I'm typing. I'm not sure how long I will keep it on yet.

What I'm usng:

Vanilla Yogurt (smells so good!):lick:
2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
Tablespoon of coconut oil
Tablespoon of olive oil
Tablespoon of castor oil

Hopefully this will balance out the daily cowashing. Haven't found a cheap protein conditioner yet.:sad:

I'm doing an all-natural protein treatment right now as I'm typing. I'm not sure how long I will keep it on yet.

What I'm usng:

2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
Tablespoon of olive oil
Tablespoon of castor oil

Hopefully this will balance out the daily cowashing. Haven't found a cheap protein conditioner yet.:sad:
Never tried eggs and mayonnaise together before...that's not too much protein?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Lawd..she already went on ebay looking for one...it's a jheri juice revolution!!!:drunk:

Me too. I can't find one on eBay. Just an ugly spray bottle comb :O

It's cold here again :( I was looking forward to dc'ing and everything tonight. I think I'll just detangle and prepoo tonight and then dc tomorrow afternoon.

:lachen::lachen: y'all are killing me with these jheri curl gifs and talkin bout slippin and fallin and such :lachen: It sounds like fun :look:

I'm pre-pooing overnight with that ole funky Amla Oil and will wash and do a Cera Repair treatment tomorrow. Then I'm going to slap on some Matrix Ultra-Hydrating Balm and steam for 30 or 40 minutes.

I haven't decided how I'm going to wear it yet. I think I may braidout next week. It's getting warm and I can moisturize all I want during the week w/o worrying about having a wet hair.

LOVE THIS, LOVE THIS!!!!

Jheri_curl.gif

Y'all gonna bring those plastic bags back from the 80's too? I remember seeing some in Oklahoma that had a visor attached. Nice ...... lol!

Last edited:
Never tried eggs and mayonnaise together before...that's not too much protein?

I tried just eggs, mayonnaise, and olive oil last week and my hair felt great after! I use Suave Humectant to Co-wash my hair everyday so I think this might even my moisture/protein balance a little.

What I'm usng:

2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
Tablespoon of olive oil
Tablespoon of castor oil

an inexpensive and effective protein condish is aphogee 2 minute-u can get it at sally's for around $7.
anyways-in my personal experience, a really easy natural protein condish is simply:
1 egg-i like eggs too much to waste my eggs on my hair:grin:
some yogurt-usually plain

the mayo might add too much protein, as nice and wavy mentioned...but i guess it depends on how much your hair needs at the moment.

HTH!!

I tried just eggs, mayonnaise, and olive oil last week and my hair felt great after! I use Suave Humectant to Co-wash my hair everyday so I think this might even my moisture/protein balance a little.
Oh, good....my hair could never take so much at one time..it's so sensitive.:yep:

an inexpensive and effective protein condish is aphogee 2 minute-u can get it at sally's for around $7.
anyways-in my personal experience, a really easy natural protein condish is simply:
1 egg-i like eggs too much to waste my eggs on my hair:grin:
some yogurt-usually plain

the mayo might add too much protein, as nice and wavy mentioned...but i guess it depends on how much your hair needs at the moment.

HTH!!

I tried Aphogee 2 Minute when I was relaxed and my hair did not like it at all!:nono: I may try it again because my natural hair likes the exact opposite of my relaxed hair. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll see how my hair responds after this treatment. If it's too much to do it every week, I may taper off to every other week or something.
I do know that as a natural, my hair doesn't need as much protein as it did prior...however, everyone's hair is different. If it works for you, then I say do it...as long as you balance it out:yep: Your hair is so pretty btw :love3:

I'm prepoo'ing with HV Cocosta Oil, JBCO and coconut oil...I'm going to shampoo w/ my shikaki bar then do a tea rinse w. a brahmi/maka/amla mix in the morning cowash with some AM and DC then I'll probably air dry and bun.

I finally made it under the dryer. I tried doing a roller set tonight using a tutorial on YT. Now my head is so big with rollers that I can barely fit it under the dryer.:wallbash:

Back