I'm so feeling like a weave....

chayil0427

I dunno what it is, but I'm feeling like a weave. I just wanna weave my shish up and shake it all down to my butt...:lol: anyone had success growing while wearing a full sewn in...would it be better to try a lace front? how about micro braid extensions?

Chayil

I LOVE 'EM BOTH.. I've never tried the lace front but mirco (I think better fr growth because u can see it also if your MTG' or any one topical you can get to the roots easier..
if your not then you can do a weave i do 'em and they grow out nicely! :D

chayil0427 said:
I dunno what it is, but I'm feeling like a weave. I just wanna weave my shish up and shake it all down to my butt...:lol: anyone had success growing while wearing a full sewn in...would it be better to try a lace front? how about micro braid extensions?

Chayil

You aren't the only one...I have been shopping around about getting a weave for a couple of weeks now. I used to get micros a lot, however, they can be a little tricky cause they can pull your hair out if braided too tight. (just be cautious). I actually know a girl who grew her hair out wearing a sew in....which is one of my motivations to get one as well. Just like Danny said you have to make sure you take care of the hair underneath.

Git outta my head! I've been thinkin bout gettin a weave too! I have micros now and need somethin new. my hair is growin with the micros though!

Glad I'm not alone! But I just want to sew in a couple tracks for fullness and see how it affects my hair care regimine...

I know someone mentioned the micros but I would be very careful with these. Make sure you are EXTRA careful with those.

I'd recommend a sewn in weave. I'm sure you've been on reneice.com website. This young lady grew her hair from damaged thin and short to healthy brastrap and thick with the aide of sew in's

When getting it sewn in, pain does not mean better. Don't let them braid your hair too tight. Don't let them sew on your hair too tight. Make sure you always moisturize the hair underneath and allow for adequate drying. Don't leave any extension job, braids, weave anything in for too long or you will have a time untangling.

I'm weaved up myself. Did it myself also. I've decided to be in weaves until I'm 30 or until I reach brastrap. That will be about 2 years.

chayil0427 said:

Chayil

I'd like a weave job like the photo of Amerie in your picture. I'm on a mission to buy some HQ hair so that I can use it over and over again.

I want a weave too you guys my strands definitely need a rest, but I don't know what I will be able to get since I will be 12 mos post relaxer 11/14....:perplexed

Yeah, definitely sew in. IMHO. I had a bad experience while living in DC with one of those African Braiding Salons. I was getting a little bored with my hair and wanted to try something different. I went in to get silky locks ( like a silky dread, this was about 10 years ago). I spent $200 and it took 8 hours to put in. Basically all day. Don't you know they were so tight that I took them all out in about 35 minutes driving in my car on my way back home. YES MAMI!!!!!!!!! They hurt so bad that I couldn't even stand to feel them on my shoulders. I can't even imagine how much hair I would have lost behind those things.

Ha.....I just got a sew a week ago. I'm doing the newbie challenge and getting a sew in was the only way I knew I would be able to keep heat away from my own hair. Plus I cut all my damaged ends off and I don't really like the length or style its in. I think I'm going to keep getting sew-ins at least til the end of the challenge.

I am too. I want some siliconed micro rings down my back to my butt.:eek: Ha HA.:grin:

kimmy132 said:
I want a weave too you guys my strands definitely need a rest, but I don't know what I will be able to get since I will be 12 mos post relaxer 11/14....:perplexed

You can get a weave at 12 mos post Kimmy.

reunitej21 said:
Ha.....I just got a sew a week ago. I'm doing the newbie challenge and getting a sew in was the only way I knew I would be able to keep heat away from my own hair. Plus I cut all my damaged ends off and I don't really like the length or style its in. I think I'm going to keep getting sew-ins at least til the end of the challenge.

OT....there's a newbie challenge? :look: Why didn't someone tell me!?!?! Link please...

Chayil

FeelinIt said:
I know someone mentioned the micros but I would be very careful with these. Make sure you are EXTRA careful with those.

When getting it sewn in, pain does not mean better. Don't let them braid your hair too tight. Don't let them sew on your hair too tight. Make sure you always moisturize the hair underneath and allow for adequate drying. Don't leave any extension job, braids, weave anything in for too long or you will have a time untangling.

These two pieces of info are the gospel truth.

I've never had a weave or micros BUT I put in a weave a few weeks ago. I deep conditioned her hair beforehand, applied leave-in as I braided her hair, oiled her scalp with a light blend. I didn't braid her hair tightly and I didn't sew it in tightly, securely, but not TIGHT! I provided her with a moisture spritz and oil blend for her hair and scalp. The cornbraided area is not sewn over so that it can be touched up. When I did a rebraid in that area, the hair was full of sheen and there was no breakage. She has relaxed hair past BSL and there is NO way I'm having her damaged strands on my conscience. LOL!!!

About the micros, I believe everyone's hair grows while they're in. Problem is some folks, if not most, lose a lot of hair around their edges AND lose a lot of unneccessary strands when they take them out.

Weaves/braids do not equal a break from taking care of your own hair. I think that's the common misconception.

p1

Back