I'm Skurred to Use Heat Now. What Should I Do?

sengschick

The Bun Master
I\'m Skurred to Use Heat Now. What Should I Do?

Well, I made it to a place I NEVER thought I'd be. Six months w/absolutely NO HEAT, not even a cool dry rollerset!
laugh.gif
I'm proud of my accomplishment, but to be honest it's become a way of life now so it's no such a big deal to me anymore. See me @ my one year mark!
grin.gif

So here's my situation..... I'm debating a Dominican b/c I would like to:

a.) trim my hair
b.) see what the heck it's doing
c.) monitor my success/gains since joining LHCF

But I'm afraid
look.gif
. Isn't that crazy?! I don't care about having straight hair for a few days or wearing it down. I just want to do the necessary trimming (which may be a big trim for me). But I'm truly frightened (my stomach is knotting as I type this) to sit under that dryer and petrified of that blow-out when she takes the rollers out
crazy.gif
. So should I wait and just trim later (which may mean a truly big trim (over an inch))? I do need to do a corrective texturizer and touch-up in early October, so maybe if I wait until then I could air dry rollerset
look.gif
. But what if my hair doesn't get straight enough to trim?
ohwell.gif

What should I do?????

Re: I\'m Skurred to Use Heat Now. What Should I Do?

Do you think you would be able to put it in really large rollers let it dry. Wrap it overnight then trim it?

I'm multi-textured so I'd have to do it after the correction. B/c when I do it now, the back isn't straight enough. But the other problem is that I can't wrap
ohwell.gif

But how bad could the blow-out be? But then whose to say it will last long enough for me to get it trimmed? It may poof when I walk out of the salon
look.gif

It sounds like you have no choice to do all of the things that you are trying to do. It's just once. Your hair sould be able to take it. Really baby it after it's all done.

That's what I'm thinking, I really don't have a choice
nono.gif
ohwell.gif

Okay I think the Dominican is OUT. Thanks Tai!
wink.gif

I think I'll just invest in a hooded dryer and do the Hiza, just sit under that puppy for 3 hours on cool (maybe medium?). I'll probably wait a few weeks after the corrective texturizer b/c my hair will be strong after all those protein treatments.
smile.gif
That should get it straight enough, b/c my rollersetting skills aren't half bad. I could attempt a mock wrap w/bill duck clamps maybe and go back under for further straightening if need be. I think I could live w/that.
look.gif
I'd still be direct heat free.

That's what I would do in light of what's been going on with our main Dominican salon.
smile.gif

Congrats girl on making it without heat! I eas going to suggest a hooded dryer on cool or low. Hope it works for you.

Back