Im going to BigChop

Kayanna1212

Omg im going to do it in about 3 months get me prepared ladies
how much new growth do you have to have to get a BC?
and can i go into braids after i get my BC so i wont have to show nobody my short hair?

Omg im going to do it in about 3 months get me prepared ladies
how much new growth do you have to have to get a BC?
and can i go into braids after i get my BC so i wont have to show nobody my short hair?

How much new growth? Well, ummm :look: NONE!!!!!! :grin::lachen: Seriously, you can shave it all off.

I had 7 months of ng when I chopped--so refreshing.

I guess you can go into braids. I know nothing about them, in terms of how much hair would be needed, so I'll let others chime in on that. Congrats on your decision. It's the best thing I've done for my hair :yep:.

You can have as much or as little hair as you want to BC. How long you want to transition is totally person dependant. Many ppl don't like to deal with the 2 textures and BC after a short transition. Ladies that want longer hair or are used to longer hair tranisition for longer periods of time.

If you want to put in braids afterward you need to have about 1inch of hair to hold them in well.

Hope this helps. Others will chime in and offer more expert advice.

You don't need new growth unless you cannot do with very short hair. I cut mine very short and just wore it curly for about a month and then I got braids. I had about 1.5 inches of hair at the time I got my braids and they stayed just fine. That's just me. Hope this helps.

there are really no rules to transitioning or BCing. i didn't set a date to start my transition, one to BC, or how i was gonna do it. one day i just felt it was time, grabbed the scissors and went in.

if you are insecure about short hair, either transition longer or PS afterwards. braids are a good option if that is what you really want. whatever you do, do it with confidence.

I'm soo ready to BC!!! I'm currently 29 weeks and really tired of the thin ends and long detangling sessions. I'm also sick of walking around either in braids, a half caps, or a thick at the roots braidout. I just want all my own natural hair. BUT...I really don't feel liek fighting with DH about his definition of boy hair:ohwell: or his request for no afro.

When I become mentally stronger to deal with him and others negative natural comments, I will BC. I'm trying to hold out 10-12 months.

Any time you want! Just make sure you'll be happy with the decision. I BC late last month and though losing all the hair took some adjusting to, I was happy and the moment was right. :3 7 months post so I had a little bit to work with!

Back