I'm Back! Updates & Way Too Many Pics

From one naija chick to another- welcome back to the boards! Those dresses are GORGE.

*off to call my Aunti Nnenna the seamstress.....* :grin:

Cool pix!

Where can I access Mop Top's challenge and what is it?

PS That pink dress you wore in the wedding is NICE!

Hey Nichi, your hair looks great in all the pics. BTW, I know the guy in the seventh pic. He and I work at the same firm. Small world. *smile*

I, too, am happy to see you back. With all that stuff that went on a while back, I was gone for a bit too.
You and your sisters are so beautiful, I love it!
Finally, thanks for inspiring me to step up my weight loss/training goals game. I wanna be like you girl, fine and fierce! Loved your custom dress as well.

Nichi!!! Welcome back! :)
I was just wondering the other day about you...

Your hair is beautiful! I hope you come back here full force now. :yep:

Thanks Flowerhair, I missed you too, I added you on Fb. Thanks for accepting. I'm back now and even though my schedule is limited, I'll be posting as much as I can.

I love the hair and I love the ankara. I am really jealous-ing you right now.

I got some fabric from my Aunty when she came back from Nigeria over the holidays, you have inspired me bring out the sewing machine. :yep:

Glad to have you back.

Thank you! My dear, dont jealous me now, ah-ah. lol. I love LOVE getting dreses made or designing them for others. My friends come to me for design ideas. During the break I took, I designed one of my tailor and friend's website. KACHI DESIGNS | Official Website
She has agreed to let me help her with her Spring collection for a fashion show me and a friend/event planner in Dallas are putting on in April We're currently planning it. I'm really excited. I get a lot of ideas from this blog The House of Fabulous www.thehouseoffabulous.com - I make some of my fave ideas with Ankara. Please post pics if you get stuff made, I may bump my ankara thread from last summer.

You and your sisters are so pretty. I am part Nigerian and you are one of my new hair inspirations, I can totally relate to the Fredrick Douglas hair!:lol:

Thank you wholeheartedly, Muse. I think when folks saw the Douglass thing I mentioned, they think I am joking. I am so sincere. My hair out the shower and dry shrinks up to neck length. I'm full BSL and I dont understand the deal. It has NO hang time or anything. A wash and go on me looks...idk, maybe I just don't know of or how to do any cute styles out of it. Yaya's my hair inspiration

it looks like a shorter, shrunken version of this
tumblr_lb2oe8ZLrI1qcze3mo1_500.jpg

but I just end up doing a twistout like this
yaya2.jpg

Love the pics and your hair. Thanks for sharing.

I want to see the Frederick Douglass :look:....I have the same thing going on myself.:drunk:

I never really take pics of it in that state since I style it, but I will next time. haha

From one naija chick to another- welcome back to the boards! Those dresses are GORGE.

*off to call my Aunti Nnenna the seamstress.....* :grin:

Thanks so much, please post pics!

Cool pix!

Where can I access Mop Top's challenge and what is it?

PS That pink dress you wore in the wedding is NICE!

Thank you Fine4s! One of my hair idols on the board! Moptop's challenge is here on her blog The Moptop Maven.com | The Premier Source For All Things Creative, Fly & Fashionable - She's a member on the board, GabbanaGirl. Its like the fourth post down I think. She incorporates ayurveda into part of her challenge. I have the products, but not the time, so I'm not doing that.

Hey Nichi, your hair looks great in all the pics. BTW, I know the guy in the seventh pic. He and I work at the same firm. Small world. *smile*

Wow, super small world. Yeah he's a good friend of mine. How's life at W?

Hey boo! :wave:

You and your hair look beautiful! :yep:

My dear, I've missed you. Can NOT wait to read more of your posts all over the board.

I, too, am happy to see you back. With all that stuff that went on a while back, I was gone for a bit too.
You and your sisters are so beautiful, I love it!
Finally, thanks for inspiring me to step up my weight loss/training goals game. I wanna be like you girl, fine and fierce! Loved your custom dress as well.

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. Yeah the stuff that went on back last year was mad unfortunate. There really are some off people, :spinning:, but it wasn't what made me not re-subscribe; it was the new format, dead search, and then how dead it got in here in addition to all the things going on in my life. I became swamped and kinda still am, but in a good way. I'm happy to be back esp since I've been hair lazy & this board keeps me on the up and up. Good luck on the fitness goals, I have no doubt you'll achieve them, and wow, thanks for the kind words!

:blush: Girl, your hair is flawless! I love your pics, it is not too many! The ring pic was such a tear jerker!:crying3::grin: Welcome back!

Hey Nichi,

You look 100x better than Amber Rose in your pink dress!!

Welcome back and your hair progress has been amazing!!

ETA - Is the fashion show that you're helping to plan in Houston or Dallas??

Last edited:
Hey Nichi,

You look 100x better than Amber Rose in your pink dress!!

Welcome back and your hair progress has been amazing!!

ETA - Is the fashion show that you're helping to plan in Houston or Dallas??

Wow thanks so much BiancaElyse! Youre so sweet! The fashion show will be held in Dallas, at the Mariott Quorum by the Galleria in April.

Welcome back sis! Love the updates and the traditional dresses..very pretty and your hair is gorgeous!! BTW this is LadyOnyi posting from my sisters account...my account has expired and hers will too in a few days. Thanks for sharing!

I love LOVE getting dreses made or designing them for others. My friends come to me for design ideas. During the break I took, I designed one of my tailor and friend's website. KACHI DESIGNS | Official Website
She has agreed to let me help her with her Spring collection for a fashion show me and a friend/event planner in Dallas are putting on in April We're currently planning it. I'm really excited. I get a lot of ideas from this blog The House of Fabulous www.thehouseoffabulous.com - I make some of my fave ideas with Ankara. Please post pics if you get stuff made, I may bump my ankara thread from last summer.
i really like the kachi designs stuff! me and my friends got ankara outfits made for a fashion show a few months ago (we werent in it, we just did it lol)...i love ankara clothing, esp. when its traditional print in a modern design....i got my fabric from ebay, but next time i find out some1's going to nigeria i'm gonna have them bring me some back for cheap lol

Welcome back Nichi!!

Love the pics!

Tinnell did my sew in in December.. I'm hooked!
In fact.. I need to book my Spring appointment :yep:

i really like the kachi designs stuff! me and my friends got ankara outfits made for a fashion show a few months ago (we werent in it, we just did it lol)...i love ankara clothing, esp. when its traditional print in a modern design....i got my fabric from ebay, but next time i find out some1's going to nigeria i'm gonna have them bring me some back for cheap lol

Yup, it's a fraction of the price when bought in Nigeria. Like seriously and they have WAAAY prettier and more authentic selections than here in the States.

Welcome back Nichi!!

Love the pics!

Tinnell did my sew in in December.. I'm hooked!
In fact.. I need to book my Spring appointment :yep:

Hey Chick!
Dude, really? I know the feeling. I was skeptic my first time but she made me addicted, so now I'm trying to wean myself off it. :lol: She's really good. You should roll to the H with CE tomorrow...

Hey Chick!
Dude, really? I know the feeling. I was skeptic my first time but she made me addicted, so now I'm trying to wean myself off it. :lol: She's really good. You should roll to the H with CE tomorrow...

Hey madam!
CE is coming over tonight to my house for a steam treatment before tomorrow's appnt.

I would love to make the trip to the H... but I like to take full advantage of my 3 day weekends and plan on having a full day of pampering tomorrow.. (muchhhh needed--These 10+ hour days are starting to age ya girl :lol:)

Anywho I plan on keeping this sew in for 3 months- Wish me luck!

Last edited:
You hair looks hella good, but where did your friend, the one getting engaged, get that hair from. It is so pretty. What brand is it?

Back