I'm Addicted to My Hair :)

Stiletto_Diva

Is anyone else?

I find myself zoning out in class and at work because I’m planning on what I am going to do to my hair that night.

I'm currently at work fantasizing about going home and feeling the water run through my hair as I cowash! I’m visualizing the pads of my fingers gently massaging my scalp and feeling the spring, coils, and all the cottony goodness that my hair has to offer.

I am counting down the seconds until I can get home, take off this wig, and just explore my hair until I have had my fill. Once I’m done I envision myself gently moisturizing my hair and putting it in twists. All of this just to do it again tomorrow.

Please tell me that I’m not the only one that has found a lover in my hair LOL

Before I stopped using heat I used to dread washing my hair because I knew it would take hours to blow dry and flat iron. Now that i'm on this no heat kick I love having any reason (or no reason :yawn:) to wash my hair!

OMG I was just thinking this :lachen:
Sometimes I almost feel ashamed how
often I think about it and how much care I give it. Lol
notice I said almost, I love my hair I love knowing that my
efforts are paying off.
It's not where I want it to be but I'm getting there.
Thank you ladies so much for your help. :grin:

You think that's bad I woke up at 5am to do a rollerset and actually felt the resuts were worth it! I also spent the train journey home from work reading LHCF threads on my G2 phone, as if I didn't spend enough time glued to LHCF over the xmas vacation. Plus I had to bite my tongue to stop myself going off on a rant when I few people complimented my hairstyle today, last time I shared they all thought I was wierd...
It's like having and addiction that you can't talk about.

And THIS is why I love this website. You are in good company:yep:. I am obsessed with my hair, ahamed yet proud to admit my hair is my hobby. I write down my treatments in my day planner, and I am constantly planning what I am gonna try next. Welp, guess there's worse things to be addicted to right:look:?

I'm always mixing up stuff, and thinking the board can see me when I wash, dry, and style my hair. I can't wait for the day when I can swang my hair, preferably in slow-motion.

I'm so happy I'm not alone. This is really a serious matter!! I had to stop my self from going to the bathroom at work, taking off my wig, and massaging my scalp:blush:. I just love how my hair feels on my fingers and my scalp loves being massaged.

No ur not alone.. I took my sew in down today and i was talking to my hair like i missed u so much and blah blah.. thank God I live alone or I may have been committed

I do think about my hair quite a lot. And i'm a bit annoyed i can't do many things that i'd love to do to my hair right now because i'm transitioning. I do like to put a water based moisturiser on my new growth now and again so it can revert, so i can if it's grown or so i can look at the curl pattern.

Yup! Today was my first day of classes and all I was thinking about what my drugstore.com hair delivery that was waiting for me at home, and I was trying to decide what style I would wear it in tomorrow, and what I was going to use to wash it tonight.

I'm also a little obsessed with OTHER ppls hair... now, the first thing I look at when I see other women (mostly black women) is their hair!! It's crazy!

yep, same with me. i freaking love my hair. im always touching it and cant committ to a protective style because i need to be able to play in my coild every single minute of every single day lol.

I know how you feel OP. I am on use up your stash kinda no buy at the mo and I tell you its almost killing me. I spend my lunch hours putting all the things I would love to buy in my iherb cart and then not checking out. I also go over reggies in my head and ayurvedic rinses I want to try this weekend I re-go over my oils concoctions to try and work out if I should try and tweak it somehow. When I am not doing that I am wondering how quickly I can use up my stash so I can buy more products. I also love looking through products at my local BSS when I am in the area. They even know me on first name terms now and give me special discounts and special offers... :rolleyes:

I feel the same way. I think about it when I wake up, I think about it at work, I think about it when I go to bed. About all the dreams and hopes I have for it, and how I cant wait until I can take it down out of its protective style and lovingly moisturize and seal it...maybe give it a nice scalp massage. I plan out my wash days in my head, mentally mapping out all my steps. I am truly obsessed, so OP you are totally not alone! I'm so glad I can come here and share my obsession with all you other ladies and not be ashamed!

Yup! Today was my first day of classes and all I was thinking about what my drugstore.com hair delivery that was waiting for me at home, and I was trying to decide what style I would wear it in tomorrow, and what I was going to use to wash it tonight.

I'm also a little obsessed with OTHER ppls hair... now, the first thing I look at when I see other women (mostly black women) is their hair!! It's crazy!

Me too! Me too! My eyes zone right in on their hair, and X-Ray vision to their ends! I was in dance class yesterday and one of the girls with SL hair was there with her hair down. She had on a turtleneck sweater and with every move, I zoned in to her ends bouncing up and down and rubbing against her sweater ( I swear it was in slow motion! Lol!). Seeing her ends take a beating has actually convinced me to protective style. Epiphany!!!! I am now going to sport a bun Monday-Thursday and wear roller sets (plain, flexi)Friday-Sunday. I was so anti protective style before this!!

LOL! my co-workers asked me if I was going to volunteer for a school event on Sunday, and I was like "Sunday! uh-uh that's my hair day!" LOL!

Chile please ... I completely feel you. :laugh: I often sit at work having conversations with myself:

Me: OK ... now what conditioner do I need to use to do my hair tonight?
Me: Oh I know, I have some Kenra MC that I need to use up.
Me: But should I use that today or save it until Saturday?
Me: Nahhhh ... I'll go ahead and use it up.
Me: Well, maybe not. Maybe I should use my White Camellia instead because it seems to be more moisturizing.
Me: Nahhhhh, I don't want to use that up ... it's kinda pricey. But I do love how the White Camellia tames my kinks and coils into submission.
Me: What do to, what to do."

Sometimes I think I need therapy. :ohwell:

Chile please ... I completely feel you. :laugh: I often sit at work having conversations with myself:

Me: OK ... now what conditioner do I need to use to do my hair tonight?
Me: Oh I know, I have some Kenra MC that I need to use up.
Me: But should I use that today or save it until Saturday?
Me: Nahhhh ... I'll go ahead and use it up.
Me: Well, maybe not. Maybe I should use my White Camellia instead because it seems to be more moisturizing.
Me: Nahhhhh, I don't want to use that up ... it's kinda pricey. But I do love how the White Camellia tames my kinks and coils into submission.
Me: What do to, what to do."

Sometimes I think I need therapy. :ohwell:

:lachen:I have that conversation with myself at least once a week. And don't let someone ask me about their hair, because I will have a regimin ready for them.

Just yesterday my friend stated she needed something to help her thining edges. I told her about JBCO, less heat, stretching her relaxer, and cowashing. By the end of the covo I had her seriously considering transitioning.

Last edited:
Now that my regimen has solidified somewhat (took me three months...geez!) I find that I am less addicted than I used to be. I still love messing with my hair and indulging in my scalp massages tho!

LOL! my co-workers asked me if I was going to volunteer for a school event on Sunday, and I was like "Sunday! uh-uh that's my hair day!" LOL!

That one had me LMAO because I do it too! My husband was trying to go to Cali for the weekend and all I could think was ":nono:Now he knows sunday is my wash day:nono:" The expression must have been on my face b/c he then said "you and your hair".

All I ever think about is hair and when I'm not working or tending to my 4yr old I'm running to the computer to come here or look up something about hair products.

My hair obsession right now:Trying to grow an inch a month.
I've bought vitamins,MN,OCT,MT,Lenzi's Request, and oils.If I break out the measuring tape one more time I swear I'll kick myself.

Is anyone else?

I find myself zoning out in class and at work because I’m planning on what I am going to do to my hair that night.

I'm currently at work fantasizing about going home and feeling the water run through my hair as I cowash! I’m visualizing the pads of my fingers gently massaging my scalp and feeling the spring, coils, and all the cottony goodness that my hair has to offer.

I am counting down the seconds until I can get home, take off this wig, and just explore my hair until I have had my fill. Once I’m done I envision myself gently moisturizing my hair and putting it in twists. All of this just to do it again tomorrow.

Please tell me that I’m not the only one that has found a lover in my hair LOL

^^^ I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I LOVE my hair more than the average woman and I couldn't agree more w/the above bolded part.

I know my hubby thinks I'm coo-coo for coco puffs due to the amount of time I spend w/the door locked and just 'doing' my hair!:lachen:I love exploring my hair and love my texture. Even though my coils and kinks can frustrate me sometimes, overall, I love figuring them out!!!!:drunk::spinning:

You're not alone! I'm always up in my head! Longing to cut the relaxer out and caress my natural texture free from anything that's not natural!!

I love your description! You're the Zane of LHCF! :lachen:

OK- I touch my hair all over BEFORE I get out of bed in the morning:blush: I'm checking to see if it feels silky and moisturized, or, if I have new growth I start feeling to see if it changed while I slept:nono:

We got it bad y'all, but we've got company!

^^^ I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I LOVE my hair more than the average woman and I couldn't agree more w/the above bolded part.

I know my hubby thinks I'm coo-coo for coco puffs due to the amount of time I spend w/the door locked and just 'doing' my hair!:lachen:I love exploring my hair and love my texture. Even though my coils and kinks can frustrate me sometimes, overall, I love figuring them out!!!!:drunk::spinning:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Hello

My name is nappytherapy and I am addicted to my hair and LHCF. I am on here everyday, at least 10 times. I am constantly playing with my hair and new styles....

But I just love love this place.....

...back to happy hair thoughts....

Back