I'm 4A Nappy, Happy & WaistLength! Pics Inside:2009 Update

It must feel great to have reached your hair goal. The results are fabulous! ..Thanks for sharing Pinkskates :-)

Stunningly gorgeous:yep::yep::yep: Now we know, pressed black hair CAN grow long. Just one more inspiration to help black women on their hair journey!

Thanks so much, and I look forward to the full waist length pics!

Congrats on reaching your goal. Your hair is simply amazing. What an inspiration you are to any WL aspiring straight-hair naturals!

You have some beautiful hair!!! Every time I think about giving up on transitioning (including a relaxer discussion with DH just today), you post some kind of inspirational words or photos. Thank you!!!
Don't give up RW...i know how you feel though. I was there in 2006 when I could not get my hair past SL. So I put my hair in braids for a year.

Stunningly gorgeous:yep::yep::yep: Now we know, pressed black hair CAN grow long. Just one more inspiration to help black women on their hair journey!

Thanks so much, and I look forward to the full waist length pics!
Yes it can and don't let naysayers tell you differently!:yep:

Wow!!! You are truly an inspiration :yep:....What's your reggie if you don't mind me asking?
I shampoo and condition my hair with Aveda Damage Remedy once a week. I straighten my hair with a hot comb and portable oven every other week. The weeks that I don’t straighten, I wear my hair in its natural state.(How I prep my hair before pressing it straight.)
I apply my conditioner, put on my shower cap and let the conditioner sit for 30 minutes and then I rinse. Next I hand detangle all of my hair as I part it into 4 sections. Then I spray on my heat protectant, (Aveda Damage Control) comb detangle with my seamless wood comb. Next I blow dry my hair using my “tension/stretch” method. I use a hair diffuser on the end of my blow dryer. I hold a section of hair taut, stretch it down and move the blow dryer up and down my hair as if the blow dryer is a comb. Next I apply a small amount of CHI Silk Infusion to each section of hair before I straighten it with my hot comb and portable oven.
When my hair is pressed straight, I apply Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to my hairline and ends every couple of days to maintain moisture. When my hair is in its natural state, I wet it daily, apply EVCO and wear it in a twist or braid out.
I cross wrap my straightened hair at night and put on a satin head wrap to protect my hair and help keep my hairline smooth.
I deep condition every 3 months with ApHOGEE Treatment while sitting under my hooded dryer.
I trim my ends as needed, usually twice per year.
I massage my scalp whenever I can remember to.

Ladies thank u so much!:Rose:

Congratulations Pinkskates, my natural hair inspiration. Your hair is beautiful in any state, straight, curly, braid-out, you name it. :Flahsssss

ETA: Thanks Pinkskates for all of the wonderful information & help you provide. I know we have asked you a million times about your reggie but you are always sweet and encouraging and willing to provide the info. over and over.

:bighug:

Last edited:
Hi Pinkskates! I'm a transitioner (third time trying, but not giving up this time) and echoing everyone else. Your hair is beautiful and yes you are definitely an inspiration. Just a few days ago, I just happened to stumble across your You Tube video, (the hair straightening demo), and it was very informative. Thanks! I also have 4A hair and was amazed then, and now to see you're at waist length! Congrats!

Hi Pinkskates! I'm a transitioner (third time trying, but not giving up this time) and echoing everyone else. Your hair is beautiful and yes you are definitely an inspiration. Just a few days ago, I just happened to stumble across your You Tube video, (the hair straightening demo), and it was very informative. Thanks! I also have 4A hair and was amazed then, and now to see you're at waist length! Congrats!
You're welcome Stormy, i'm glad you found my demo helpful!
Best wishes with your transition...third times a charm!:yep:

Back