If your hair is breaking, needs PROTEIN but craves MOISTURE combined.I SUGGEST THIS..

Ok updates ladies...has anyone done this yet? What if you don't want as much protein and need more moisture....do I not use the egg? I did Nexxus Emergencee treatment 2 weeks ago.

soun said:
I will definitively use it this summer, I will rock some straight style:D thank you Candy_C!

i would like to thank you again for this recipe i try it, it works wonders for me !!!

Eggs are slippery but they work great on hair i don't know why but they work. I'm going to try this mixture next week. I just CW, hennaed, and deep condtioned under the hair steamer-my hair feels great-smells great too.yummm...

Re: If your hair is breaking, needs PROTEIN but craves MOISTURE combined.I SUGGEST TH

Yeah guys! What were the results?? Oh and instead of the hot steamy towel, can I just sit under the dryer with the cap?

Last edited:
Re: If your hair is breaking, needs PROTEIN but craves MOISTURE combined.I SUGGEST TH

Blackbarbieii you can't sit under they dryer if you use the egg because the heat will cook the egg and you will be all day picking cooked egg out of your hair LOL!!!

Does anyone get avacado pieces stuck in their hair? I am gonna try this next week because I am in need of a good moisture/protein treatment, but I will use my hand mixer to make the avacado more smoother.

So what are the results??????

Candy_C said:
Use the whole egg Faith!

lol i think out loud too, i think your right, i have been thinking about why it works so well all day.

Thank you so much for this recipe..I'm trying to go all natural at the beginning of 2007 and this will definitely be my all natural protein conditioner.

anky said:
You're kidding. I was just about to post this. Avocados are very cheap here in Arizona. I can get 10 for a dollar. I usually eat one half of it and put the other half in the blender with some mayonnaise (oil + egg) or some yogurt (lactobulmin protein), honey (humectant), or whatever else is laying around in the house.

Heads up Candy! :up:

Oh, and about the egg thing: Yea, I heard that the molecules are too big but that isn't what my hair says. My hair is super strong when I use egg in my conditioners.

Do you use real honey and yogurt and mayonnaise in your conditioners?? Forgive me for being slow, but wouldn't the honey make your hair really sticky?? Now as far as the yogurt, I haven't heard that is good for the hair, but I guess it couldn't hurt to try it. What type of conditioner do you mix these ingredients with?

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
Do you use real honey and yogurt and mayonnaise in your conditioners?? Forgive me for being slow, but wouldn't the honey make your hair really sticky?? Now as far as the yogurt, I haven't heard that is good for the hair, but I guess it couldn't hurt to try it. What type of conditioner do you mix these ingredients with?

oh, I would like to know this too

NappyParadise said:
Blackbarbieii you can't sit under they dryer if you use the egg because the heat will cook the egg and you will be all day picking cooked egg out of your hair LOL!!!

Does anyone get avacado pieces stuck in their hair? I am gonna try this next week because I am in need of a good moisture/protein treatment, but I will use my hand mixer to make the avacado more smoother.

So what are the results??????
Oh my Gosh!!:lol: I'm so wetaded:wacky:

Last edited:

Grr, BUMP

Come aaahnn, post your results. I'm thinking of trying this.

I was just thinking about this the other day, and here is the thread....I must bump this til I can copy and paste it....:D

well my results are strong shiney hair, and my ends look thicker and seem to look freshly trimmed.

i only do this b4 a relaxer...

yoghurt is very good for hair, so i HEAR its a well known thing with indian and caucasian haircare too.

this is my staple at around 8-9weeks post relaxer as i know it keeps my hair strong enough and supplies me with a very moisturized base to put my relaxer on!

my ends survive much more when i do an avocado treat vs not doing one after a relaxer and heat...avocado oil is also my friend after a relaxer..i use it as i would use a serum!

Last edited:
OMGOD CANDY_C!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just what my hair needed-- THANK YOU soooooo much! My curls were very well defined my roots are tameable and soft, I especially needed this because my hair was in such a dry state because of my frequent trips to the pool this summer. Thanks again! :grin:

Candy C, I just wanted to say thanks again for posting this. I finally got round to trying it yesterday.
My hair felt really strong when I'd done it. It was a bit tangled (all proetin does this to my hair though), but nothing Humectress couldn't fix.

One more thing... do you know how long can you keep it in the fridge for? I only used about 1/4 of the mixture, I'm planning to use some more on saturday. But I'm guessing because of the raw egg etc. it probably won't keep that long!

Next time I'm thinking of skipping the water as it seemed a nice paste consistency before I added it, and I'd be able to get more it on my hair!

Candy_C your recipe is definitely a staple for me. :D
I modified it a little bit I mix it with le Kaïr cholesterol some oils(carrot, jojoba...), shea butter and clarified beef marrow and I use it as prepoo!
Natural ingredients work for my hair, and my natural 4b loooooooooove it:love:
Thanks again Lady!:clap:

Thanks!!!! I was wondering how I should deep co my hair this weekend :D

I'll give my update on this when I do it.

This works great!!! I used it last night and this morning my coworker commented on my hair and said that it looked like silk. I applied the mixture, without water, on dry hair and then rinsed out. My hair was sooo strong, shiny and soft. It had never felt that way before (at least not all at once). I will be trying this again this weekend without the egg.

Just a few tips:
1) make sure to remove all chunks before applying to your hair. I didn't and I had a hard time removing those when I rinsed it out.
2) make sure to rinse completely out. I thought I did, but when I started blowdrying I had little white chunks forming in my hair. :eek: I guess it was the egg...

hey! so glad guys, i did this myself last week and i mussed out the egg by accident! oops...but it worked just as fine, and less hardness...

I love this conditioner!

I swear my hair thrives on this treatment! Thanks again Candyc!! I just took my braids out and this is just what my hair has been asking for- when i applied it my hair soaked it all up like a sponge!

BUMP FOR MZ VIXXEN!

PS. I ACTUALLY SELL THIS IN A 16OZ BOTTLE if anybody cannot be bothered to make it lol

Candy -x-

Bumped to ask, does anyone know if I can use a different type of oil? For some reason EVOO does not like my hair, my skin, or anything on my body. :lol:

Back