If Your Boyfriend Hits You, It's A Sign Of Love :)

That hitting you means he cares. In some cases, honestly it might. In other cases, it doesn't. I've been on the opposite ends of being completely invisible to people
to a guy hopping out of his car in the middle of a busy road to try to holler at me.

Some dude is not going to get riled up about me if I am in general invisible and seen as low value unless he sees me as an easy target and someone he can rail his frustrations on to. But if I had given dude who jumped out of his car a chance, gotten into a relationship, and went all psychopath on me and beat me, yes, believe it or not, it might actually meant that he truly cared. Because why would he be getting all riled up and putting the time and energy into "setting me straight" or whatever he's trying to accomplish with the beatings. Especially if he still doted on me and took me out and cared for me financially.

Yes, it's horrendous logic and no it couldn't be me but again I understand what women who say this are saying. It's the same thing with parents who spank their children with a switch, or a shoe, or whatever they can grab, to teach some discipline vs the child who is beaten and starved and sexually assaulted and dismembered (this happened recently). A beating is not a beating is not a beating.

Murdered By My Boyfriend is a great film on relationship violence if anyone is interested.

It (may) means he cares? :lol: About what? Certainly not your physical well being. That's a big part of caring for someone, imo: not intentionally causing them physical harm.

He cares about HIM having access to you (control). He doesn't care about YOU, the person.

It (may) means he cares? :lol: About what? Certainly not your physical well being. That's a big part of caring for someone, imo: not intentionally causing them physical harm.

He cares about HIM having access to you (control). He doesn't care about YOU, the person.

Ita

This is far more articulate than my super long post :lol:

Back