If You Deep Condition Twice A Week...

When I was doing the Cathy Howse regimen and deep conditioning every 3 days, I would only wash my hair once a week, and just wet it and dc during the week. Even though I was using a gentle shampoo, I don't think it's necessary to wash that often, especially if you aren't using products that build up on your hair/scalp.

It's not necessary to shampoo unless you used silicones or petrolatum products. Even with those two, items I think you will still get benefits from the DC if you didn't 'poo.

I wanna get back to DCing 2x a week. My hair was truly moisturized for the first time in my life when I did that.

I deep condition 2x per week. On Wednesday, I used diluted shampoo and DC. On Sunday, I use straight shampoo and DC. This works better for me than co washing.

Usually the first deep condition is full wash day, the second deep condition is also full wash day, and the occasional third deep condition is co-wash and then deep condition.

Although I haven’t been deep conditioning at that frequency for some months.

It’s dependent on my scalp most days.

Sometimes I can get away with applying deep conditioner without a light cleanse, sometimes I absolutely can’t because deep conditioner is bound to get on my scalp.

Pretty much anything irritates my scalp. So I usually do CWC (condition wash condition) before deep conditioning, or just do a light cleanse and then deep condition. If I skip the rinse out conditioner step.

I used to deep condition twice per week years ago and always shampoo'ed before. Deep conditioning treatments are supposed to go on clean freshly washed hair. I now only deep condition once per week because twice per week for me was overkill after a while and was just doing way too much and my hair is still healthy. As long as you use a shampoo that doesn't strip your hair then I can't see what could possibly go wrong.

Back