If I Had Hair Like This, You Couldn't Tell Me Nuffin'!!!!! NSFTWLTPIS

[USER=28337 said:
BillsBackerz67[/USER] ;13213001]So two very long haired naturals who wash once a month (longhairdontcare) Her hair is so gorg :yep: my hair has thrived since I stopped the daily co washing and switched over to once a month washing and styling.
i THINK haircrush may do this as well-- once per month

So two very long haired naturals who wash once a month (longhairdontcare) Her hair is so gorg :yep: my hair has thrived since I stopped the daily co washing and switched over to once a month washing and styling.

What do you do in between washing and styling to maintain your style?

What do you do in between washing and styling to maintain your style?
i dont do much. I apply hollywood beauty castor/mink oil hair dress to my ends every few days and wear a ponytail or bun secured in a jaw clamp. I dont apply products to my scalp. if my hair gets super oily 8this rarely happens) by week 4 and i have somewhere special to go to, i use oscar blondi dry shampoo for a quick pick me up until my next hair appt.

I just listened to the youtube video about washing and shampoo. It's starting to make me think more about my hair. She mentioned how her hair would matt together if she let it soak in water. My hair is like that too. And I also notice that shampoo can be drying to my hair. I'm already an infrequent hair washer; I only wash my hair about once a month too. I just need to learn how to leave it alone which is what I started doing this month by wearing two strand twists. I really hope I can stick to this regimen so I can retain length. Also when I wash my hair, I wash it loose. I'm thinking I need to wash in sections next time.

I just listened to the youtube video about washing and shampoo. It's starting to make me think more about my hair. She mentioned how her hair would matt together if she let it soak in water. My hair is like that too. And I also notice that shampoo can be drying to my hair. I'm already an infrequent hair washer; I only wash my hair about once a month too. I just need to learn how to leave it alone which is what I started doing this month by wearing two strand twists. I really hope I can stick to this regimen so I can retain length. Also when I wash my hair, I wash it loose. I'm thinking I need to wash in sections next time.

It will make your life so much easier. Yesterday I washed in sections for the first time and detangling was a breeze. Before I was a daily co-wash- wash n go girl but thats not working for me anymore. Try it and you'll never go back to washing your hair loose.

It will make your life so much easier. Yesterday I washed in sections for the first time and detangling was a breeze. Before I was a daily co-wash- wash n go girl but thats not working for me anymore. Try it and you'll never go back to washing your hair loose.

I agree. I began washing my hair in sections a while ago and it makes a big difference It definitely helps with the detangling.

washing in sections is a great idea...

washing once a month however, does not work for me. My hair gets SO DRY in the meantime. Then it starts to break around the middle of the month. Even when I apply moisturizers, it seems like nothing brings it back to life more than water and a DC. I also noticed that a lot of long haired 4bs wash once a month. I wish I could. :( it seems so low-mani

Im not a 4b but if i regularly wore my hair in its natural state I would not be able to wash once a month, i would have to co wash almost daily and even then it really does nothing for my hair. My hair can not get properly moisturized in its curly state no matter what i do. I'm actually getting more moisture to my hair washing once a month and then straightening it vs daily co washing. I think the products I use actually penetrate my strands better because my hair is straight.

washing in sections is a great idea...

washing once a month however, does not work for me. My hair gets SO DRY in the meantime. Then it starts to break around the middle of the month. Even when I apply moisturizers, it seems like nothing brings it back to life more than water and a DC. I also noticed that a lot of long haired 4bs wash once a month. I wish I could. :( it seems so low-mani

Thank you for posting!! I remember seeing her picture months ago and just last week I tried in vain to find it again. Her hair is my hair's dream! :cloud9:

wow thats alot of hair. how long is it?

does she have other styles? it looks like a huge wad of hair is sitting on her head. i can appreciate the creativity though

Thank you for posting!! I remember seeing her picture months ago and just last week I tried in vain to find it again. Her hair is my hair's dream! :cloud9:
@ the bolded: So did I. And all I could remember was that she lived in NYC and had the same name as a popular NYC restaurant. :lachen: I eventually found the original post on bglh by searching in Google reader.
wow thats alot of hair. how long is it?

does she have other styles? it looks like a huge wad of hair is sitting on her head. i can appreciate the creativity though
Napp
How would you describe your hair?
C: Well I am a proud kinky 4b/4c natural and my hair just celebrated her birthday! She is 4 years old and 3 months since her big chop. My hair is about 21 inches long. The porosity level of my hair is normal especially since I do not use chemicals, color or heat. My hair is extremely dense and my strands are superfine, which leads to easy tangling. My hair is very healthy for the most part but I still experience some split ends here and there. I have not used heat for a year and 3 months.

Other styles are probably on her website or YT (links in the OP).

I could never get away with washing once a month. My hair dries out after just a few days with no washing and even worse is that my scalp would be filthy with oil because it gets gross after just 3 or 4 days post wash. My hair becomes dull and dry after not getting water for maybe 4 days even if it was shiny and silky right after the wash, I'm sort of envious of those who can get away with this because my hair and scalp are so reliant on washings. I just hate the feeling of a dirty scalp too. Scalp oil gives me pimples too lol so washing once a week or more is a must.
I bought dry shampoos but even when I use them I get super itchy and it feels like it's combining with my scalp oils and causing more buildup lol. I NEED to wash my hair. I actually am wasting time because I need to wash it now lol but I'm lazy as sin.

Last edited:
GOSH, I love her HAY-AIR!!!!!! :drool: I would WELCOME the opportunity to have to deal with all that hair! :lol: BUT, I have to admit, when she said she usually keeps it in 140 individual twists....I'm like, "now, say what now?" That's amazing!

BTW, she's a really beautiful girl and so is her twin and I like her personality.

Heads of hair like this always make me wonder how the person's internal body works....I mean, wouldn't you really have to have a really clean system for your body to produce that much hair? (that's me, always looking for the backstory)

Wow! I'm so glad she made a point to declare her hair type and strand size because if she didn't it this thread would've become something else :look: As a dense, fine stranded type 4 also I'm happy to see anyone with similar hair with so much length. Hopefully, on day my hair will cooperate. Really got to get going on those protective styles.

Back