If he doesn't call by this weekend, should I strike him out...

Harina

So I was volunteering at this film showing and I met this random guy. And we got on really well. We had a bunch of random, freaky things in common. We were there for about 5 hours doing random work and kept on finding our way back to each other.

During the actual film, it was freezing and he actually apologized (like it was his fault or something) and said he would offer me a jacket if he had one. At the end of night, even though he said he was leaving early, he walked me to the subway. Turns out I had lost my metro pass and he waited for me while I looked for it. I couldn't find it, so he lent me some moeny. And then we found out we basically had to take the same train.

At the end of night, before we had to split (him going uptown, me downtown) he asked me for my phone number. I just said by and then slithered a way. Do you think that was rude of me? And then he added "You know, if I'm ever in Brooklyn." I was like, "Ok, I guess I'll stand over there." I said "bye", he said "see-ya". I walked off and after a while, I caught him out of the corner eye staring at me. I felt pretty stupid because we both had to wait there for another 15 minutes and I should have just waited with him. I think I might have been sending him mixed messages because I just kind of walked away. It was late at night so I blame my sleepiness.

Also, I didn't get his number. I guess I thought if he's truly interested, he'll call. But how long do you think is too long? I'm thinking that he probably would call by mid-week, if he was interested? But past the weekend, I'm guessing it's just friend territoy. What about that Brooklyn comment? Queens (where he is) is pretty far, but it did throw me a bit off?

You're reading a lot into a brief enounter....where by your own admission
you offered some pretty mixed signals. Do you know..what you want?

With this guy...if you gave him your number..ball is in his court...
but if he does call ...remember what you want... and if it's potentially him ..follow through
don't sweat this...though.

call this weekend ..or else..:grin:
lol..come on ....he's not an SO!
why not take his call? he sounds sweet!
you don't know whats going on in his life..that might prevent
a call...
some men have a different sense of time...
so why assume if it's.. next week..you're just buddies?

but do take this.... at face value....
a man you're milldy inteterested in has your number
you were tired and werent up to chatting..he might call you today
or he may be shy about calling or maybe decides not at all...let it go

(like obessesing over his language over queens/brooklyn..
that could a been a feeler to see if he was welcome )

there will be others :yep:
and you will be clearer

Last edited:
Listen to kayte! She is wise and knows what she's talking about. Regardless of whether he calls or not, you have the power in the situation. It's about what YOU want! :kiss:

Back