i wore my hair down today!

inthepink

I finally wore my hair down today after wearing it up since the last week in June!! I did a braidout as I usually do but for some reason, it just "worked" today! I only did 3 big braids and rolled the ends. This morning, I separated and put a barrette to secure the front. Took a look in the mirror and was very happy to see that it finally came out well enough for me to wear it down!!!!

I updated my album if anyone wants to see!

So, here's encouragement. Just because it doesn't work for one month, or even two...you never know b/c in that third month, it just might work!!

This simple accomplishment put me in a REALLY good mood today!

Hairlove,

It looks beautiful! I have two questions - where did you get your donut sponge thing and do you model?

Thanks, Sky!

The donut sponge thing I used to make my bun...I made that myself. I took an old sock and cut the toe out. Then, I rolled it into the shape of a donut. Took a knee-hi and cut the toe out, then rolled it around the sock since the sock is cotton.

What did you do to make it stay rounded? Like how did you tie it together? You didnt answer my second question.

thanks dsd and ms jennifer.

Sky...sorry...didn't mean to not answer...I simply forgot! LOL Anyways, I don't have to do anything to keep the donut rolled. Once it's rolled up, it's just rolled up. I never understood the description of making a bun donut until I just did one.
For the other question...not sure why you ask if I model since I don't think I show my face in my pictures...lol But the answer is no. I will take that as a compliment though so thanks!
smile.gif

dang, i love your hair!! i didn't see one bad pic in the bunch. even the "experiment gone wrong" looked awesome to me!
smile.gif

what is your hair type?

Thanks, Adrienne. I've been avoiding typing my hair since I haven't seen it natural since I was 12!!! LOL But, my best guess is that I'm 3C.

I viewed your album and I'm really impressed. Your hair looks so glossy and healthy. Your efforts are definitely shining through. You motivate me to get an album and display some pics of my hair.

Simply gorgeous! Congratulations on your success! Looks like you have mastered finger combing. You go girl! Your well on your way....next stop....shake and go?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove,

I tried to see your pics. but it asked for a password. Did I click on the wrong link?

[/ QUOTE ]
The password is lovemyhair.

Hairlove your braid-out looks lovely. I hope I have as much success the next time I try it
wink.gif

Hairlove, your hair is gorgeous!!! Now I'm adding your name to my must-visit-album-each-week list right next to Adrienne.
clap.gif
Hard to believe this is the same hair that looked real good to me when you first posted your picture...except at the time you pointed out ends you weren't happy with, which I wouldn't have noticed. Now I'm having a hard time finding whatever it is that made you sad. Whatever you are doing, it's working, coz Girl your hair...
looks...
GOOD!!!
I can't get enough of it.
love.gif
Keep up the good work!

Oh, and it's a damn waste that you don't...
nono.gif

You would make a great model!
smile.gif

I co-sign on this one. That is by far the best braid out I've seen. Looks naturally wavy like. Beautiful hair sis!
trampoline.gif

Back