i wore my hair down today!

Wow!! All I can say is beauuuutiful!!!! All of your pictures were. I think it inspires all of here at the board.What exactly is your regimen, and how do you keep your hair so shiny? When you say you're transitioning, how straight do you relax your hair? Your new growth looks pretty to me, meaning, why would you be straightening in the first place?

Hairlove, you have some nice, luscious hair.
smile.gif

Wow - thanks everyone for the compliments!! It's so nice to hear those things!

KinkyCurly -- Yes, I am going natural. I'm transitioning very graduaally. I don't plan on "chopping" my hair. Once I reach waist length, I will start getting regular trims.

Cleo -- I've been working on a decent braidout for months. I just happened to do the right thing this time. Don't give up!

qtpi -- I condition wash on Wed and Wash/Deep Condition on Sundays. I keep my new growth moisturized with Healthy Hair butter and my ends moisturized with Coconut Oil. On the length, I usually put a little hhb when wet and a little braid spray before I braid it.

My last relaxer was mid-March of this year. I always got it professionally relaxed. I only realized it recently but in the past few years my hair had been getting relaxed bone straight. I think a lot of transitioners wonder why they relaxed in the first place but "back then" there seemed to be no other option than a pressing comb (which I hated!).

Hairlove your hair is very lovely and thick. I'm glad you got the results you wanted!! You did so good wearing it up since June! I'm really glad your transitioning is going well.

pooh123

Great looking hair, Hairlove. You are a great inspiration to all of us!

Can you tell me what is a braid out?

Thanks everyone who I didn't thank before!

mikaroo - a braidout is when you braid your hair and then take the braids "out" - i also roll my ends on perm rods to help blend them in.

Hairlove, my computer is wacky I kept getting an error message after I put in the password, but it finally worked yesterday.
Your hair is beautiful, all the pictures are great even the experiment gone wrong! Your hair looks very shiny and healthy. You've insprired me to wear my hair in braid-outs more often.

Good luck with the braidouts...a few trials and errors and it should work. Always have a backup style such as being able to put it up in the scrunchy so you won't feel like you have to "redo" your hair immediately! Makes trials a little less stressful!

I have not being posting lately(i have become an evil lazy lurker who just sucks up all the information without contributing anything back
tongue.gif
But i had to comment on your hair Hairlove! Its reallllllyy gorgeous!!! Keep up the good work
clap.gif
clap.gif

Thanks Gigi, gvsugirl, and mirrormirror.

Gvsugirl - I use healthy hair butter on my new growth. I also put just a bit on my length. Before doing the braidout, I spray a tiny bit of Dark and Lovely Almond Rain Oil Mist and smooth it through.

hey hairlove, thanks for the word of encourament and u kno they are great comin from some1 with such nice hair lik u rite?? happy hair growin!!

Hijacking thread:

BTW Ngaa, when are we going to see some more pics? Your hair was growing really well.

Back