Bun challenge for one year - End result (pics)

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I just realized today that I have been on my own personal bun challenge for one year. I doubted this would work for me, mostly because I really didn't think I would last this long. I did it, kicking and screaming, moaning and complaining but I did it. I forced myself to take pics today just so I could see for myself if it was worth it.

I wore a bun 5 days outta the week. When I wasn't in a bun I was wearing a braidout updo. I did a few rollersets or flexi rod sets once or twice a month just for a something different. I used my maxiglide three times but it went right back into a bun or updo after 2 or 3 days.

I put pics in my July-September album. Does this mean I'll stop wearing a bun? Not sure yet.

LiLi said:
What beautiful progress! What products do you use?

Lately I have been rotating between Rusk, NTM and Kenra for shampoo and conditioning. NTM, Paul Mitchell The Conditioner for leave in. Shea Butter, ORS Carrot Oil or Olive Oil creme for moisture. And that's about it. (I think)

Wow! Great progress! I love that clip. Where did you get it from? I've been searching for a clip that can go around thick hair and hold it together. That one looks like it will do the job.

Your hair looks fabulous!!!!!! I dont have quite enough to pull back into a bun just yet. I've been doing two strand twists so I dont have to do wash and go's everyday, and they worked at first but now as soon as I twist my hair i'm untwisting it. I got off work the other day, and two traffic lights later I had unraveled it all. I dont know how I would ever do consistent protective styling. My hair is so soft and springy since I've gone natural that I cant keep my hands out of it. Send me some of your will power, pretty please. :)

I'm a believer and a follower of the bun for protective styling. I looked at the photos from Summer 2004 compared to your most recent photos. The hair is thicker, the ends are full and the condition and the length of your show such progress. Your hair gently proclaims, "I'm healthy and long ya'll!" Congratulatons on a job well done! Keep up the good work and the inspiration.

I looked at your other albums too. Very good progress! I'm a firm believer too in protective styles. Your hair is so thick and healthy! Keep up the good work.

Honi said:
Wow! Great progress! I love that clip. Where did you get it from? I've been searching for a clip that can go around thick hair and hold it together. That one looks like it will do the job.

I got that one from CVS. I got one in black and one in brown. Both broke! :ohwell: I really like these types of clips cause they are so comfortable.

Thanks ladies. I didn't believe I was making progress either but as DSD says the pics don't lie. And yes I'm wearing a bun today. :lol:

Daily buns are awesome for growth and maintaining ends (was for me).

Girl, your hair looks so nice. You have done a wonderful job. Keep on keeping on. :up: :yay: :woot:

Back