I witnessed the most epic hair flip

brg240

Okay epic might be a bit of an exaggeration but it was pretty great in it's own right.

So on thursday my student(k) asked me if I could take her hair out of it's bun because she forgot to. I was like no, i can loosen it though. (I didn't want any one's parent to come and get mad at me or anything.) Well anyway after i unwrapped the elastic once she took the rest out. And proceeds to flip and toss her dirty blonde 3b/3c curls all over :lol:

She did about every hair toss I've seen

Starts
tumblr_lvfv1yfNvx1r3owtg.gif

then
tumblr_lve5gatG1M1qif6h8o1_500.gif

then
tumblr_lt028w9wsF1qgraplo1_500.gif

then
tumblr_lvbz74l5Ld1qfpcpeo1_500.gif

then
tumblr_lkldghBJjj1qdjwb6o1_500.gif

and ends with
tumblr_lvjoxiEFe61r6h2lao2_400.gif

And of course she was getting water from the fountain so she had to get it all to the side
tumblr_lv1pshBC6T1r6bh3ko1_400.gif

tumblr_luy75jpvyg1qbu0cbo1_250.gif

And after she got her water she tosses it again down the hallway
onew.gif

and then into the classroom
tumblr_lusolr60w51qjtv36o1_250.gif

:lol:
---------------

so anyway have you witnessed a super deliberate over the top hair flip?

Alternatively, do you have hair gifs?

I thought thats what erybody does after taking a bun down...gotta rebalance/recalibrate the circulation to the scalpLOL

Is her neck ok? With all that hair flipping I'm surprised she didn't end up with whiplash or some neck injury! LOL

I don't why ppl seem to think the "hair flip" bothers us. I couldn't care less. Smh
I don't think she meant it like that at all. I actually think she took it out because i wore my hair out that day. It was more like look i have curly hair too! She just seemed to be having fun. That's how i took it anyway. I found it absolutely hilarious. I don't think this 5 year old was trying to throw shade at me. :lol:

But I do agree, a hair flip won't bother me (honestly i'm not going to notice it)

Unless it's like this
tumblr_lr8weiqmgX1qeaiedo1_500.gif

then we can have a full on hair flipping battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuBIQiKOx9M

Hilarious!!! Go on lil gal and whip that hair!! Why did she need you to take the bin down though?

she said she was supposed too but forgot. I thought perhaphs it was too tight but it wasn't that tight. I think she wanted her hair out because I had mine out.

That is hilariously cute!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I know every time I do DD's hair I'm afraid she's going to break her neck from whipping it too hard.:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I can tell her to run upstairs to get something for me and she'll run in "slow motion"...really.:look:

And Lord help me if I call her name. I swear I can hear her neck cracking from whipping it so hard when she turns around.:look::look::look:

I don't know why ppl seem to think the "hair flip" bothers us. I couldn't care less. Smh :nono:

I always thought of the hair flip as flirty. I remember there was a scene in Charlie's angels where Lucy Liu was teaching Cameron Diaz to flirt and end it with the perfect hair flip.

In 8-9th grade we had a math teacher that all the girls swooned over who was the king of the hair flip. And he did them all, the bend over and pick something up flip to the back hair flip, step away from the chalk board side hair flip, look up to make sure these kids aren't cheating hair flip... This man had all the girls making googley eyes at him, I had completely forgotten about him and his hair till now :giggle:

Great thread!

There's a member here who has a gif in her siggy that makes me :lol: every time I see it! I think it's a drill team sitting on some bleachers at a game and this girl gives an EPIC hair flip. I love it!

It's funny the way kids want to emulate their heros (I guess you're her Hairo):giggle:

Last edited:
lmao!! You should have started a flip war :lol:

tumblr_lmye1xQA8E1qdq5u6.gif

I've been guilty of a little hair flipping after a bi-annual flat iron. However, I honestly don't do it for others. I do it to entertain myself while catching my reflection in anything :lol:... I'm afraid that may be a little worse than showing off :look: :lachen:

Sent from my iPhone.

That's why I like WnG season (spring/summer) sometimes. My hair is getting long enough where its sometimes necessary to flip my hair out of my face depending on how I wear my hair. Side parts are the worse because the hair sometimes gets stuck in my lashes or lip gloss (especially MAC Lipglass). :D

My flips are usually like

tumblr_lkldghBJjj1qdjwb6o1_500.gif

or
tumblr_lvjoxiEFe61r6h2lao2_400.gif

Your thread reminds me of when we used to flip our extensions (braids) back in the '90s. That was the only time we could have hair down our backs, LOL.

I'm guilty of flipping extensions and weaves lol

One time me and DH were at a wedding and "SexyBack" came on. That's my song! So I whipped my APL phony pony around... And smacked DH in the face with it :lachen: he said "ok baby, it's back, it's back, calm down"

sometimes when wearing flat ironed hair, i will accidentally on purpose misplace hair in order to hair flip it back like so. :look:

wlh-o.gif

:rofl: That is too funny! Thats probably why she had that bun in the first place. :lol: I used to do the same thing after my wash and press when I was little. You couldnt tell me nothing with my Shirley Temple curls. : lol:
Sent from my Samsung Epic :)

Gonna go ahead and point to my siggy, and collect my burger king crown, as I am the winner.

EDIT: Oh, I was mentioned already! Haha, whoops.

Last edited:
Back