I witnessed a hair crime today.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Today I went to do a closing at a client's home. I took SO along with me. Since there were some issues with the loan and waiting for the loan officer to clarify. The client called her 7 year old with natural 4B hair ( with edges gone) so she could comb her hair for a party. The mom told her bring the products. So you know my LHCF antenas went up. Ladies be prepared:

fineTailMed.jpg

p_plhf-full.jpg

DooGroMediHairVitalizerAntiItch.gif

and WATER

The girls hair was dirty with lint from the previous day of combing. She just untwisted the previous style.:hair: She took a plastic bristle brush and brushed the lint as well as detangled the little girls hair. I see SO's face looking :perplexed:nono:( yup he is an honorary member) He knew what was wrong with this situation. Then the mother took the tail comb and parts and slaps on the hair food on the girl's scalp and sprays a little water slap on more Doo Gro on the scalp. She started to detangle the hair.

I could hear the snap crackle and pop of the ends that were as dry as the sahara. She slapped on more hair food ( grease) and more Doo Gro on her scalp and edges. She must have detangled one section of hair about 12 times with the rat tail comb. Never once putting a little water or moisturizer on the ends that were still dry.

SO still shaking his head he :poke: me & mouths " Mind your business". But he could not stop looking and wincing in pain everytime the little girl's hair got pulled thru the comb. The mother made 4 tight pony tails and started the comb them again and part them in sections to twist. As we were leaving mom was still combing ,little girl shudders in pain with Mom annoyed. I said have a nice day and I whispered to her " put some creamy moisturizer or water on those ends first and the job will be easier." She smiled and said thank you. SO pulled me out the people's house by my sleeve and tells me get down the stairs "You could not keep your LHCF mouth shut could you ?"

Today I went to do a closing at a client's home. I took SO along with me. Since there were some issues with the loan and waiting for the loan officer to clarify. The client called her 7 year old with natural 4B hair ( with edges gone) so she could comb her hair for a party. The mom told her bring the products. So you know my LHCF antenas went up. Ladies be prepared:

fineTailMed.jpg

p_plhf-full.jpg

and WATER

The girls hair was dirty with lint from the previous day of combing. She just untwisted the previous style.:hair: She took a plastic bristle brush and brushed the lint as well as detangled the little girls hair. I see SO's face looking :perplexed:nono:( yup he is an honorary member) He knew what was wrong with this situation. Then the mother took the tail comb and parts and slaps on the hair food on the girl's scalp and sprays a little water slap on more Doo Gro on the scalp. She started to detangle the hair.

I could hear the snap crackle and pop of the ends that were as dry as the sahara. She slapped on more hair food ( grease) and more Doo Gro on her scalp and edges. She must have detangled one section of hair about 12 times with the rat tail comb. Never once putting a little water or moisturizer on the ends that were still dry.

SO still shaking his head he :poke: me & mouths " Mind your business". But he could not stop looking and wincing in pain everytime the little girl's hair got pulled thru the comb. The mother made 4 tight pony tails and started the comb them again and part them in sections to twist. As we were leaving mom was still combing ,little girl shudders in pain with Mom annoyed. I said have a nice day and I whispered to her " put some creamy moisturizer or water on those ends first and the job will be easier." She smiled and said thank you. SO pulled me out the people's house by my sleeve and tells me get down the stairs "You could not keep your LHCF mouth shut could you ?"

:lol: Reminds me of the days with the royal crown and the small toothed comb. My mama DID make sure my hair was clean though :ohwell:

I would offer my help if it was a friend and I felt comfortable bringing it up. Ive introduced a few friends to BT and other products and techniques.

Girl you brave! And funny too! Can't believe you posted the products she used..LOL

What is in that hair food? Looks like straight petroleum.

fineTailMed.jpg

p_plhf-full.jpg

and WATER

:lachen::lachen::lachen:sssoooooo funny!!! i could only imagine...i remember those days...going outside and the lil round the way girls saying "she got that water and grease hair":lachen:

:lol: Reminds me of the days with the royal crown and the small toothed comb. My mama DID make sure my hair was clean though :ohwell:

I would offer my help if it was a friend and I felt comfortable bringing it up. Ive introduced a few friends to BT and other products and techniques.

My grandmother swear by that, the red can with the silver top.

LMAO, pics are soooo worth a thousand words.:lachen:

"You could not keep your LHCF mouth shut could you ?"
:lachen:@ your SO.

I used to hate for my mother to do my hair when I was younger, but thankfully she never pulled out a rattail comb for my hair. Even she knew then that it just ain't right :nono:

OMG!!!!! :eek:

I'm speechless. I'm...I'm....I'm feeling an array of emotions after reading that. :perplexed:nono::wallbash::swearing::cry::whip::eek2::hardslap::pullhair:

I'm glad you said something.

Girl you brave! And funny too! Can't believe you posted the products she used..LOL

What is in that hair food? Looks like straight petroleum.

Girl you know LHCF is Anti petroleum and rat tails. So I was on it. Do you know how hard it was not to jump in.

Ha! ya know! wow. My mom may have used blue magic on my hair like I use my beloved shea butter now, but at least she washed and detangled (while wet AND with detangler) my hair weekly.

lol at your SO pulling you to the side. tell him you were just trying to help, he saw the horror.

Alot of people aren't hip to new ways of caring for their kids hair, they are still stuck in the old skool ways of doing hair, my sister is one, she uses rattail comb and plenty of grease, I gave her products and tips and offered to comb my neice hair, But hey I ain't complaining because even through her struggle with the natural hair she REFUSES to relax it, so I guess it could be worse.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:You're in time out!! I kno you didn't LOL. But man, why don't people realize that that stuff isn't do their child's hair NO good if it's balding, changin color, or makin the baby cry in pain...I mean dang can you please just take a hint?! I'm glad I had thin soft hair growing up. My ma always used big combs to comb my hair, and I never lost a LOT of hair cuz it wasn't that much to lose anyway...hmm that might be because my ma used the entire pink oil line though haha

:lachen::lachen::lachen:You're in time out!! I kno you didn't LOL. But man, why don't people realize that that stuff isn't do their child's hair NO good if it's balding, changin color, or makin the baby cry in pain...I mean dang can you please just take a hint?! I'm glad I had thin soft hair growing up. My ma always used big combs to comb my hair, and I never lost a LOT of hair cuz it wasn't that much to lose anyway...hmm that might be because my ma used the entire pink oil line though haha

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

It irks me when people use tiny tooth comb for 4b hair. My family did this and then wondered why my hair wouldnt ever grow:rolleyes:

I hope the mom finds BHM or this site.

That po baby, I know her head was throbbing, when her mom finished. The products alone and the COMB.. ahh *shudders* ..Atleast you told her nicely...

My friend's daughter has no hair around the perimeter of her hair. I have suggested on numerous occasions that I would help with her hair but nope instead she would rather grease and use that tail comb to pull the strands that are left into plaits.

Back