I Wish I Could Get My Money Back For....

Anything Shea Moisture!!!

I tried to give it a chance when I first went natural and Lawdd it caused an allergic reaction so bad I thought my head was on fire.:mad: I tried to use the products this week (with a loading dose on Benadryl) I didn't have a reaction but now my hair is drier than the Sahara! Jesus....:bangdesk:

Mizani Moisturefuse Conditioner. Years ago it was fine but I don't know what happened but now it just sits on top of my hair like wax. I am heavily conditioning with it just to use it up quickly.
That's how that CD stuff is for me. I let the boys use it now.

Is it wrong to say I didn't bother with Shea Moisture as I just had a feeling that it wouldn't be much good. And unlike y'all, when we buy hair and beauty products over here there's no returning it if it's been opened.

You don't like it that's too bad but we're keeping your money,

I can't use any products glycerin based.
I tried CON cowash on my DD and it was trash
I can't use Chi Silk Infusion (protein)
ORS
I won't be buying natural products anymore.
I bought Fantasia ic moisturizer and it has aloe in it. It's a liquid. Dried my hair out.

Is it wrong to say I didn't bother with Shea Moisture as I just had a feeling that it wouldn't be much good. And unlike y'all, when we buy hair and beauty products over here there's no returning it if it's been opened.

You don't like it that's too bad but we're keeping your money,
Shea Moisture didn't work for me. I really tried with those products.

I love As I Am products. Lol
I don't regret buying anything, because I am happy that I took the time to know whether it work on me or not. However, I do feel like there are some products I wouldn't purchase again.

- Anything Cholesterol Conditioner
- Anything VO5 for co-washing
- Anything Sauve for co-washing
- Grease (I will consider it unless it is made with all natural ingredients)
- John Frieda
- The Amla oil with the mineral oil in it
- I know there are more, but I can't think of it right now.

Last edited:
Hair One-maybe my new growth is too thick but it did nothing for me, had to do VO5 behind it.

I know this is more, can't recall at the moment.

Which Hair One brand did you try? I noticed some brands are less moisturizing than the others.

Last edited:
It seems to be more of a "seal in the goodness" type of conditioner. It doesn't really impart it like I prefer my DCs to do.
Others have had good luck with it though.

It's one of my favorites mainly because I accidentally found out how it works best. I will ALWAYS take this product with me while traveling because it works best if you DO NOT use a cap to seal it in. Apply it and go capless for the duration. It's awesome because while traveling I don't need to take plastic caps for deep conditioning & I love the results.

-Bekura Cacao Bark
-Anything Giovanni
-Silicon Mix
-Paul Mitchell The Conditioner and Super Skinny Serum
-Nubian Heritage
-Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk (4 jars and never worked for me), Almond Glaze (great pomade but a weird texture I can't name that doesn't work for me), Hair Milk (too much protein), Destination Hydration (I didn't get it but didn't hate it either)
-Shea Moisture [Shampoo] Restorative, Coconut and Hibiscus, Yucca and Baobob, Purification [Masques] Restorative, Yucca and Baobob, 10-in-1, Tahitian Monoi, Purification (new formula), [Conditioners] Restorative, Yucca, Manuka, Coconut and Hibiscus, Peace Rose, Sachs Inchi, Purification, [Leave In] JBCO, Coconut and Hibiscus
-DevaCurl Condition One (I can't believe this stuff even made it to circulation)
-As I Am
-CD Tui line, Orange [Hair Milk] Line, Monoi Line
-Curl Junkie

-Bekura Cacao Bark
-Anything Giovanni
-Silicon Mix
-Paul Mitchell The Conditioner and Super Skinny Serum
-Nubian Heritage
-Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk (4 jars and never worked for me), Almond Glaze (great pomade but a weird texture I can't name that doesn't work for me), Hair Milk (too much protein), Destination Hydration (I didn't get it but didn't hate it either)
-Shea Moisture [Shampoo] Restorative, Coconut and Hibiscus, Yucca and Baobob, Purification [Masques] Restorative, Yucca and Baobob, 10-in-1, Tahitian Monoi, Purification (new formula), [Conditioners] Restorative, Yucca, Manuka, Coconut and Hibiscus, Peace Rose, Sachs Inchi, Purification, [Leave In] JBCO, Coconut and Hibiscus
-DevaCurl Condition One (I can't believe this stuff even made it to circulation)
-As I Am
-CD Tui line, Orange [Hair Milk] Line, Monoi Line
-Curl Junkie

What happened?? I recall you had recommended the protein treatment once.

Back