I want super black hair! suggestions are needed!

guesswho

my hair is already black but I want that extremely black hair, the thing is I co-wash all the time deep treatments once or twice a week and I clarify once a week, I also do scalp massages and stuff I don't want black hands and nails I don't want black stained towels and stained tubs and sink, how can I achieve super black hair without looking like I'm playing in black paint:D Thankyou ladies for any suggestions!

Have you tried Indigo? It's jet black, natural, and permanent;) Good stuff! I use it in conjunction with my henna treatment but I'm sure there's a way to use it solo.....You can ask the lady at mehandi.com. She's very helpful with tips and methods and she always answers the phone!

I can't believe she answered the phone that's amazing! anyways she said she wouldn't advice doing the indigo without the henna because and I quote "it looks nasty that way" she said indigo is a blue-ish color and it wouldn't work, she also said once it washes out the proper way I wouldn't have dark stains anywhere, she also said that's her daughter in the photo with the cat, she was very pleasant, I dunno about the henna though alot of mixed reviews on this board I'm scurred:nono: so any other suggestions without henna is appreciated:)

I used Bigen Oriental Black. Its really good, my hair looks and feels great. No breakage or anything, but the first day (dye day) it stained everything! The tub, sink, towels, everything! The good thing is that was the only problem I had and after day one everything was good. No staining or washing out.

nubianqt86 said:
I used Bigen Oriental Black. Its really good, my hair looks and feels great. No breakage or anything, but the first day (dye day) it stained everything! The tub, sink, towels, everything! The good thing is that was the only problem I had and after day one everything was good. No staining or washing out.
I agree! I just tried this on Sunday. My hair isn't as dull looking. But I didn't get stains all over the sink or any towels. The color didn't drip so I didn't need a towel. But I didn't use gloves on my hands so the color did stain my nails. I just cut them off and sawed the top of my nails with a file. This permanent color is suppose to last 4-6 weeks.

Some Walmarts and Sally's and of course BSS sell it.

I don't know abt 4 to six weeks though. I use it and it lasts WAAAAAAY longer than that!! I only touch it up every few months. I really could just use it on the roots but I do the whole head each time. No problems for me because there's no amonia or peroxide. It just deposits color without stripping it to make it lighter.

ETA: In my siggy, my hair had been dyed about two months earlier.

veryasian_1947_3283774
Oriental Black is used to achieve Jet Black Hair...must DC afterwards,similar to Henna:)

TeeKay21 said:
Some Walmarts and Sally's and of course BSS sell it.

I don't know abt 4 to six weeks though. I use it and it lasts WAAAAAAY longer than that!! I only touch it up every few months. I really could just use it on the roots but I do the whole head each time. No problems for me because there's no amonia or peroxide. It just deposits color without stripping it to make it lighter.

ETA: In my siggy, my hair had been dyed about two months earlier.

I like it!!! Your hair looks great!

Wait...it does contain some chemicals...if u r aallergic 2 pdd?:perplexed
mscocoface said:
No chemicals huh? Gotta check this out. I thought Indigo was the only way to go with natural dyes.

patiencevirtue said:
veryasian_1947_3283774
Oriental Black is used to achieve Jet Black Hair...must DC afterwards,similar to Henna:)

I just got done using it!! cosigning on the deep condition afterwards!! my hair is JET BLACK!! I LOVE IT :) this was my first time using it, 2 thumbs up :)

It is the best:) ....i tried a premix Henna last wk and I was not excited about the results...I was trying to do the natural dye thing...didnt work out my hair is dark brown instead of Jet Black:ohwell: ,oh well,back 2 Bigen for me....I will do it this weekend at the salon;)
StephyPoo said:
I just got done using it!! cosigning on the deep condition afterwards!! my hair is JET BLACK!! I LOVE IT :) this was my first time using it, 2 thumbs up :)

guesswho said:
my hair is already black but I want that extremely black hair, the thing is I co-wash all the time deep treatments once or twice a week and I clarify once a week, I also do scalp massages and stuff I don't want black hands and nails I don't want black stained towels and stained tubs and sink, how can I achieve super black hair without looking like I'm playing in black paint:D Thankyou ladies for any suggestions!

Took a while to finally order some Indigo from Hennaforhair. I'm so glad I did! My oils do not strip out the color at all as it did with COLORSHINES and JAZZING. I did henna first but I've hennaed before. Deep conditioning was needed as my hair was dry and dull after the henna and indigo. The dryness problem may have been caused by the AMLA powder I added to my henna mix. The indigoed hair is still black, black, black a week after deep condition, quick condition & 2 shampoos, moisture and many oils. The process of henna then indigo was not a mess.

Faithful Bigen user on and off for years here. And it is not a 4-6 week demi permanent dye. That stuff has to basically grow out. It MAY lighten over time but it will take many months before you see any lightening (if it's applied correctly). It's awesome gives great shine and a deep dark color. I used it all over almost a year ago and only touch up my roots since. I've never had to go all over my hair with it again. I use brown/black cause I'm yellow and anything darker washes me out.

It will stain everything it touches but to prevent that, don't get it on anything. I have a hair dyeing shirt that I wear for relaxers, dye, etc and lay newspaper on the counter or wherever I'm applying it. I also wear gloves while rinsing it out because it will stain your nails like nobodys business.

WhipEffectz1 said:
I like it!!! Your hair looks great!

THanks!! I usually like it even blacker but they only had oriental black at the Sally's I went to.

And OP the Bigen doesn't come off on everything unless you don't rinse REALLY well after you apply it.

There are some chemicals though, just not the really HARSH ones used to strip hair and lighten it. After my usuall DC after applying bigen, my hair feels back to normal and not dry or stripped at all.

BUT WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do NOT use this stuff with HEAT!!! It WILL leave you with dry, crazy, hair. do it just like the directions say and you'll be fine. All the horror stories I've heard abt Bigen are b/c someone tried to sit under the dryer or use a heat cap with it. Also do the spot test like they tell you to, it may save your hair if you ever become allergic to anything in it.

mscocoface said:
No chemicals huh? Gotta check this out. I thought Indigo was the only way to go with natural dyes.

As far as I'm concerned, Indigo is the only natural hair dye that I'm aware of. Bigen has PPD in it; therefore, it is not chemical free. They just promote no ammonia or peroxide in the product. Please read the following link, it provides additional info on ppd and there are legitimate sources that are referenced that you can follow up with just incase you want to do additional research.

http://www.hennaforhair.com/ppd/index.html

I was going to do bigen because I was looking for a chemical free alternative for dying my hair but after I read about PPD, and learned that Bigen has it, I began to change my mind. If you(or anyone) chooses to use Bigen, please do a strand test because not everyone gets a negative reaction to it. But the stories I've read with respect to people's negative reactions, I was scared off from using. That sealed the deal for me.

Guesswho, I used indigo and my hair came out super jet black! I love it! I put 2 teaspoons of salt in my mix to intensify the black. I've had no issues of staining whatsoever. I used it about 3 weeks ago and it's still jet black. I've been using Sunsilk Black Shine shampoo to maintain the color. The only downside is that it is messy and it is a lengthy process when you combine the time need to do the henna treatment in addition to the indigo. Anyhow, good luck on your search.

Last edited:
Naturellle said:
As far as I'm concerned, Indigo is the only natural hair dye that I'm aware of. Bigen has PPD in it; therefore, it is not chemical free. They just promote no ammonia or peroxide in the product. Please read the following link, it provides additional info on ppd and there are legitimate sources that are referenced that you can follow up with just incase you want to do additional research.

http://www.hennaforhair.com/ppd/index.html

I was going to do bigen because I was looking for a chemical free alternative for dying my hair but after I read about PPD, and learned that Bigen has it, I began to change my mind. If you(or anyone) chooses to use Bigen, please do a strand test because not everyone gets a negative reaction to it. But the stories I've read with respect to people's negative reactions, I was scared off from using. That sealed the deal for me.

Guesswho, I used indigo and my hair came out super jet black! I love it! I put 2 teaspoons of salt in my mix to intensify the black. I've had no issues of staining whatsoever. I used it about 3 weeks ago and it's still jet black. I've been using Sunsilk Black Shine shampoo to maintain the color. The only downside is that it is messy and it is a lengthy process when you combine the time need to do the henna treatment in addition to the indigo. Anyhow, good luck on your search.

Thanks a lot chica, I'm really confuse now jeezzz I was set on bigen but it does have ppd, and I'm scared of henna the stories are nuts some good some bad, its a bit confusing now damn, my husband bought some black malva poo and con from aveda I'm sure that's not gonna give me black black hair, I want the extremely black hair but I don't want it dried and brittle so I'm gonna do more research thanks ladies you all are the best:)

Love love love jet black hair. I had been going back in forth with indigo and bigen and settled on bigen. It doesnt have any bad chemicals in it but PPD and thats only if you are sensitive to it and have a reaction. Other than that no ill effects on my hair. I used the jet black the first time. My hair was a lot darker but not dark enough for me. So I used the blue black and my hair is midnight black and I love it. I havent put up any pics yet of me w/ it this color but I will add one in here later. Good luck its so hard when you have so many options and/or so many people telling you one thing. I just said the hell w/ it and picked on. Let us know what u decide

bablou00 said:
Love love love jet black hair. I had been going back in forth with indigo and bigen and settled on bigen. It doesnt have any bad chemicals in it but PPD and thats only if you are sensitive to it and have a reaction. Other than that no ill effects on my hair. I used the jet black the first time. My hair was a lot darker but not dark enough for me. So I used the blue black and my hair is midnight black and I love it. I havent put up any pics yet of me w/ it this color but I will add one in here later. Good luck its so hard when you have so many options and/or so many people telling you one thing. I just said the hell w/ it and picked on. Let us know what u decide

So blue black huh? I'm going to the bss I'm gonna let you'll know what I decide, I thought this was gonna be easy lol

Back