I WANT BOUNCY HAIR

Mandy4610

Please help. How do i achieve bouncy hair? As soon as I moisturize my hair it goes flat. What can I do to keep the bounce in my hair?
Also, when I us BT my hair is even more flat, Whats a girl to do about this?

For a while, I sacrificed moisture for bounce and ended up with extremely dry hair which eventually led to breakage in an area of the back of my hair which led to a hair cut :( (my poor judgment resulted in the hair cut). There are lighter moisturizers and oils out there that allow you to keep moderate bounce without sacrificing the health of your hair. Also rollersets and wrapping help give you bounce. Just be careful not to under-moisturize. These words are the result of my own bad experience.

If you use a really good deep conditioner and leave in, u may be able to get away with only adding a little serum between washes. The less product on ur hair, the more bounce IMO.

I have natural bounce and to keep it, at night I apply a light moisturizer(not much is needed)pr leave-in at the very ends and seal with a light oil. Throw on my bonnet wake up with the same bouncy hair with moisture.

I have/had the same problem. I finally realized that I have fine/medium hair that can't take (nor does it need) alot of moisture.

BT can be very heavy is you overuse it... try using it very sparingly and only every other day. :yep:

I co-sign w/ Leslie - A good DC and leave should help you get away with not moisturizing as much.

Use less moisturizer than you think you need... you can always add more if your hair still seems dry.

I like Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream. It's very light and adds shine w/o weighing your hair down. I also like Candy C's Ava'coco cream. Elasta QP Recovery oil moisturizer is very nice too, but it can weigh your hair down after a couple days, which is why I use it every other day when I'm like 5+ weeks post.

I notice most oil based moisturizers weigh my hair down much more than water based ones. But whatever I'm using, I always start out using VERY little, then build upon that if necessary. :)

HTH.... it's kinda trial and error til you find what your hair likes....

I struggle with this issue too.
I feel like I need a really good cleaning...
I think it's product/product residue that weighs hair down

You could put a light moisturizer in your hair, wrap it, cover your head with saran wrap, and sit under a hood dryer or heating cap for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Macherieamour does this, and her hair always looks sleek and bouncy. Just a suggestion :spinning:.

Less moisturizer/oil will keep it light weight.

Also the Dominican blow out/roller brush method gives great bounce. It's not something I'd recommend for an extended period of time though. Maybe for a special occasion or once per month depending on how your hair handles the hot blow dryer.

Also, maybe you can use a lighter weight foam when you roller set. ORS foam wrap leaves me with light bouncy hair.

Last edited:
Back