I WANNA GIVE UP!

Angelicus

1. my old stylist acted stupid so i fired her.
2. the new stylists acted stupid so i won't go back to them. (wasted 60 dollars)
3. I tried to document my process by taking pictures with a disposable camera (wasted 9 dollars on camera)
4. When i got the pics today none of them came out right (waste of 10 dollars).

now i'm broke, im tired, I'm wet from the rain and all i wanna do now is cry!
cry3.gif
i give up on tracking the progress of my hair. i'm just gonna let it grow. and i doubt that i will be looking at anyone else's albums because all it does is discourages me more.
frown.gif

((HUGS)) Don't give up, Anky! Like DatJerseyDyme said, it may be better not to track your progress, or at least not as often.

Also, if you do your own hair you will save a lot of money. You can do your touchups at home and go to a place like Supercuts to get a $12 trim only when you feel like you need it. I haven't had a problem with them yet. Don't be bothered by the fact that you will probably get a Caucasian stylist. If your hair is smooth and straight when you go, they will be able to trim it with no problem. Just don't let them spray your hair with water before cutting because that could result in an uneven result.

spank.gif
NO NO NO--we're not even gonna go here. Please look up my thread called "Nessa and others, don't get discouraged."

or something like that

"...Don't give up on the brink of a miracle...don't give in God is still on the throne..."Anky...if I had given up my hair would be sitting in the middle of my neck all picked out, breaking, shedding and making me feel so so bad....but I hung in there because I had a dream....don't give up on your dream. I have come a long way baby...and so can you. We have all been where you are and where you feel at one time or another and now and then we STILL have our little "hair panic attacks", too, but the board ladies are just the arm of encouragement you need right now, and happy to see that you have found some. Bonjour.

awwww, you are so pitiful. i know how it feels to be frustrated. just keep your head up and keep trying.

oh, i forgot if you said if you go to school but if you do you can get a digital camera from your library.

keep hope alive, anky.

going to a stylist always made me feel like this. my hair would be looking so pretty and I would get so many compliments on my hair. then after a while, i would notice my hair is starting to break off and look thinner. it's all that heat that they use to make your hair look so pretty and stylist not being gental enough with your hair.

when i'm manipulating or handling my hair, i can feel when i'm pulling too hard or if i'm pulling strands from the wrong section of my hair which tells me to stop before i snap my hair. a stylist can't feel that and when their curling, blowing drying or what ever, they always snap more than enough strands. (hope this makes sense) and eventually you hair starts to thin.

the majority of stylist use the same products for all their clients. what works great for some may be doing harm to other clients' hair. if those products are drying to your hair and then the stylist next turns around and applies all that heat then that is where the breakage comes in. do you think they are going to use up all of their moisturizering products to replenish what was lost during the washing process if those products dried out your hair? of course not. they are just going to keep adding more heat so your hair won't look dry and brittle and add some hair polish to make it look shiny.

sorry for the long post, got a little frustrated thinking back in the day when i used frequent the shops. any way, anky, i said all this to say that you should do your own hair and only go to the stylist every blue moon and put your foot down when you do go.

Back