I give up on hair secrets!

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
LMBO @ this thread, :lachen: , I think this will be the first challenge i pass on, not because I doubt it but I'm too lazy to do the cooking, and cooling down stuff. Now if someone can point me in the right direction to make a purchase..............:lol:

Jennifer,
Were most of the 4a/b ladies relaxed, texlaxed or natural and what were their general haircare routines (like washing frequency and relaxing frequency). Don't know if I can get with the chicken grease!!!!:)

I thought bone marrow was strange. Thats what my mother swears made my hair grow from shoulder length to bsl in less than a year

MissFallon said:
I thought bone marrow was strange. Thats what my mother swears made my hair grow from shoulder length to bsl in less than a year

So.........

how do I use the bone marrow? Can I mix it with the chicken grease........

Should I use chicken bone marrow?

LOL!!!!

No.....really....seriously.....how do you use it...

Well when I went to DR for a couple of days, they told me they put anything in their hair: birth control pills, vitamins, prenatals, llama placenta... you name it, they put it in. And yes, they put bone marrow in conditioners. In fact, every conditioner that has the ingredient "Collagen" in it has bone marrow... that's where it comes from. Some people in DR even use lard or Crisco.

Jennifer, I need to IM you and find out what city you were in.

Zeal said:
Nothing worse than walking into a room and smelling like fried chicken.:lachen:

You can't mask that smell with EO. I guess it beats the smell of MTG. :lachen:

:lol: If the man is hungry this one might be beneficial ladies!! Chiggen Grease all-in-one...get hair, smooth skin and a man for the cost of your left over chiggen parts!! Only $12.95 for the brand new tell all book!! :lol:

curtainbluff said:
this is how it goes
Take the fat from the chicken and put It in a pot on low heat. When there is enough oil remove the fat or skin from oil and turn off heat, then add Fresh sage, rosemary, nettle and carrot skins until cool. Some people add coconut oil and olive oil if prefer. Bottle this and use daily or as pre- poo. the smell is ok. I ve personally used this when funds are low here in college.
And did you notice a nice amount of growth?

CurliDiva said:
I can't believe this has turned into a "real" hair growth treatment debate! :eek:

Too right!!! :eek: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Though the idea has merit, like I said, it's just not for me. However, after speaking to my mom, I would not knock anyone for trying it!!! :grin:

Why? Historically animal fat was been used to make oils for a variety of uses--from beauty care to lamp oil--to make the most of slaughtered animals (waste not, want not). Many oils we use today are derived from animal fats as well as from plants, veggies, and fruits.

*shrug* I say why not. But I don't think it promotes hair growth anymore than other hair oils would to seal in moisture to prevent breakage. It is a great idea for those interested in natural, healthy hair care products (no parabens, etc.), or on a limted budget. That's just my $.02 ;)

Thank you for your question Faith. This is what the lady uses. She has very long hair past BSL. she made it for me every weekend. Now I am at university I make it also when I cant run to the store. It looks like oil and smells like rosemary. I guess hearing this is very new to alot of members on the board but its not in other parts of the world. I guess as some of us travel, we will have other new things to share with members on the board.

Legend, the Lamp oil that you talk about I have seen this before it looks sort of brown. My grandmother used this for colds.

On this board I learnt about buying coconut oil which is new to me because I was taught as a child to grate the nut and boil it until it springs a oil in the pot. There you have pure coconut oil. This is what I know. As I said before there are so many cultures out there and do different things from what we know. We dont have accept them. It does not hurt to know and learn.

Thank you for your question Faith. This is what the lady uses. She has very long hair past BSL. she made it for me every weekend. Now I am at university I make it also when I cant run to the store. It looks like oil and smells like rosemary. I guess hearing this is very new to alot of members on the board but its not in other parts of the world. I guess as some of us travel, we will have other new things to share with members on the board.

Legend, the Lamp oil that you talk about I have seen this before it looks sort of brown. My grandmother used this for colds.

On this board I learnt about buying coconut oil which is new to me because I was taught as a child to grate the nut and boil it until it springs a oil in the pot. There you have pure coconut oil. This is what I know. As I said before there are so many cultures out there and do different things from what we know. We dont have accept them. It does not hurt to know and learn.

curtainbluff said:

I recommended to my mom to buy some coconut oil from wholefoods. She looked at me funny. She said that our neighbor(a filipina lady) yrs ago when we lived on base always fried the coconut meat down and saved the oil for her hair and body. I dont think there is much coconut fatty oil present in the wholefood oil and ppl may just be paying for the word organic. jmho.

Foxy, that was great information thank you.
Just to add to the topic another tree I saw behind my porch as a child "castor Oil tree" but I won't be starting that up in here.

curtainbluff said:
Foxy, that was great information thank you.
Just to add to the topic another tree I saw behind my porch as a child "castor Oil tree" but I won't be starting that up in here.
Your welcome, girl the older I get the more I believe what my grandmothers and mom were trying to tell me. Esp. about home grown food and such. I just thought they were so country. I cant believe how young and dumb I use to be even though I'm "educated". Oh well, live & learn. Have a nice weekend. I'm gone.:)

CurliDiva said:
I can't believe this has turned into a "real" hair growth treatment debate! :eek:

Okay, you said it so much better than I would've. I thought this was supposed to just be funny and I thought the Dominican young lady was just joking around with Jen.

And I happen to have some old chicken grease in the fridge.....hmmmm :sekret: I can be a pj about this without spending any money....dat's what I'm talkin about..LOL :yep:

:lachen:

^^^:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Seriously though, my mom greased up too. They even used beef tallow (fat). Let me tell ya something, those old folks knew what they were talking about. I used it and had the prettiest even toned legs! :lol:

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
^^^:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Seriously though, my mom greased up too. They even used beef tallow (fat). Let me tell ya something, those old folks knew what they were talking about. I used it and had the prettiest even toned legs! :lol:

Oh KAAY can we move this to the skin section, did I read that right TONED LEGS. Ok get it started over there ILuv. :lachen: :grin:

Hey now, don't be incouraging this kind of behavior by giving directions :lol: What if we end up with bird flu or hair that smells like fried chicken?

curtainbluff said:
this is how it goes
Take the fat from the chicken and put It in a pot on low heat. When there is enough oil remove the fat or skin from oil and turn off heat, then add Fresh sage, rosemary, nettle and carrot skins until cool. Some people add coconut oil and olive oil if prefer. Bottle this and use daily or as pre- poo. the smell is ok. I ve personally used this when funds are low here in college.

CurliDiva said:

Marcia agrees with all of you that co-signed on the chicken grease idea. She now wants to join the board. :lol:

Bubblin - Marica was dead serious about the chicken grease. She just caught me off guard when she told me...that's why it was so funny to me.

Anky - I'm in Santo Domingo, very close to the Colonial Zone

JenniferMD said:

Marcia agrees with all of you that co-signed on the chicken grease idea. She now wants to join the board. :lol:

Bubblin - Marica was dead serious about the chicken grease. She just caught me off guard when she told me...that's why it was so funny to me.

Anky - I'm in Santo Domingo, very close to the Colonial Zone
This is all very intersting. I think one would be surprised to learn what other cultures do that we consider crazy and they consider the 'norm'. Although I wouldnt try the chicken grease, I am not knocking it. I'm gonna ask my granny what did she do with her animal reserves. I'll be back later...

Back