I trimmed my hair by the moon...

jwhitley6

I trimmed yesterday while the moon was waxing(increasing in size) and in Cancer, which is supposed to be ideal for cutting hair for increased growth. I went to Supercuts. The stylist cut a bit more than I wanted (about an inch in back and maybe 1.5 where my hair is layered), but I'm happy. I took some pictures and I will track my progress and let you know what the verdict is in a month or two. If anything, I know I'll be able to retain what grows since my ends are nice and clean and not breaking even a little bit. I'm keeping my routine consistent, so this is a controlled experiment. :lol:

The only thing I think I'll change, is that I'll wear my hair straight the whole time. I had so many knots from trying to wear my hair natural and airdrying...I guess it just doesn't work for me.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Congratulations Jwhitley! I remembered what you posted before about doing this with the waning moon (I was going to do it on Saturday's New Moon) so yesterday, I didn't trim but I did the twist method to locate split ends and cut them.

I'm very glad to say I had a hard time trying to find split ends to cut, even with the twist method. I'll see if this works at all.:)

Isis said:
Congratulations Jwhitley! I remembered what you posted before about doing this with the waning moon (I was going to do it on Saturday's New Moon) so yesterday, I didn't trim but I did the twist method to locate split ends and cut them.

I'm very glad to say I had a hard time trying to find split ends to cut, even with the twist method. I'll see if this works at all.:)

Hey Isis, you probably didn't cut enough to make a difference :lol: . Keep me posted on how it goes.

I'm glad I trimmed. My ends were kinda nasty from trying to airdry. We'll see how it goes **fingers crossed**.

Kinda OT but I trim amd relax by the lunar chart. I'm waiting till I have done this for a full year to see results.

Keep us posted on your progress.

jwhitley6 said:
Hey Isis, you probably didn't cut enough to make a difference :lol: . Keep me posted on how it goes.

I'm glad I trimmed. My ends were kinda nasty from trying to airdry. We'll see how it goes **fingers crossed**.

:lol: You're probably right Jwhitley.

I am testing the theory though. If there is something to it, one may not need to do a full trim or a full dusting to signal the roots/body. Next waning moon, I may do a full dusting, we'll see.

I'm glad you feel good about your trim. It sounds like doing it by the moon will always make it a success. :yep:

I did a dusting on August 2nd and a little trim yesterday (Full Moon) according to the Longhairlovers method (I just missed the Morrocco method dates). I was surprised at how good I felt doing it, probably becaue it wasn't done on just any day. I made sure I bought professional scissors too.

This is mainly an experiment for me, especially with the lunar phases which I've explored these past couple of years and the thread I started earlier this year. I feel there is something to it...

Isis said:

Isis, I know you've been doing this for a while. Have you seen an improvement in your hair's growth rate since you started?

sareca said:
Isis, I know you've been doing this for a while. Have you seen an improvement in your hair's growth rate since you started?

Glad you bumped this! I plan on doing a lunar trim after i take my braids out...... and would love to hear from ladies who have had success via this method.

KiniKakes said:
Glad you bumped this! I plan on doing a lunar trim after i take my braids out...... and would love to hear from ladies who have had success via this method.

I was intrigued because it says to straighten or color on Nov 10. That's pretty close the my 1 year anniversary date of Nov 15.

sareca said:
This is actually the first time I've trimmed. I did a teeny dusting (mentioned in this thread) but I've mostly made comments and started a thread in the past to get more knowledge from the ladies here. So this is an experiement to see how it works.:)

Isis said:
This is actually the first time I've trimmed. I did a teeny dusting (mentioned in this thread) but I've mostly made comments and started a thread in the past to get more knowledge from the ladies here. So this is an experiement to see how it works.:)
Oh, ok. I get it. Thanks for lettin' me know.

Well, I might try it out. But I'm not sure how to track it. My hair is growing pretty well right now. I'd have to get some crazy growth to notice. But I'll move my relax date up to Nov 10 instead of 15th. The 15th was weird anyway because it's in the middle of the week. I usually only do hairstuff on the weekend.

I'm trying to follow this as well. I did a trim in May, and I plan on doing the next one on October 22nd (I believe that's a full moon, correct me if I'm wrong). I'm very happy with my growth thus far, but I want to wait a year or so and judge my growth then.

Back