I thought this was a forum for women to...

BlackBArbie...how long have you been on the rotten bacon juice? (MTG?) I'm getting pretty decent results, but the back of my neck feels dry andtight. Any probs?

Dang! Some people are SO foul...very unnecessary as previously stated. Keep doin you Brownsugar. Kudos to you for not ripping her trifling butt to pieces. The high road is definitely less traveled...so that means the beauty supply stores off of the high road have more product. ROTFL!

On a serious note, good call on not retaliating, and there are SOME women here who are full of positive energy. Keep taking outstanding care of your hair and don't deprive us of it!

brownsugar9999 said:
:grin:
Hey, all it's going to make me do it DYE IT AGAIN!!!! Hey, you want to hurt MY feelings? Start sending me money and then STOP. Feelings will be WAAAAY hurt.
ps...LUV your color and the shape of your hair. Did you cut it to be balanced like that? It's smashing!:grin:

:lol: @ sending you money and stopping. That would hurt my feelings too. I may even shed some tears. lol.

Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I had it cut in layers a long time ago. LOL @ balanced. I'm gonna have to start calling it that.

Divine Inspiration said:
Dang! Some people are SO foul...very unnecessary as previously stated. Keep doin you Brownsugar. Kudos to you for not ripping her trifling butt to pieces. The high road is definitely less traveled...so that means the beauty supply stores off of the high road have more product. ROTFL!

On a serious note, good call on not retaliating, and there are SOME women here who are full of positive energy. Keep taking outstanding care of your hair and don't deprive us of it!

:lachen::lachen:Aint that the truth!

Brownsugar, I just don't understand why the person would even take the effort to leave a comment like that? It was pointless. If she couldn't have said anything nice, she shouldn't have said anything. The comments were intentional and intended to offend and there is just no sense in that. I'm with you, I am all for constructive criticism, but that was destructive criticism at its best.

And you mentioned how her hair was pretty? Maybe she is hatin' b/c she thought she was the only one that could grow her hair and have pretty hair. Ummm, I guess she hasn't been on this board that long huh!

Girl you do you and I am striving to be just like you when I grow up cause I probably would have ripped her a new one with a "nice-sty" comment right back at her (not as horrible as hers though!):lol::lol:

UH OH two black barbies in a row:lol:
BlackBArbie...how long have you been on the rotten bacon juice? (MTG)
Brown Sugar, I didn't start using it yet. My mother took the one that came yesterday( she's leaving for Trinidad 2morrow). I ordered another one so I guess I'll start using it when it comes. I actually wanted to start using it when I get my twists toward the end of the month...I'll see:)

:lachen:
Divine Inspiration said:

:lachen: :lachen: :rofl: :rofl: OOOOH..I need to check out some of those BSS on the way!!!!!! (PJ is a part of EVERYDAY life!)
Thanx for the encouragement with your swangin head of hayar!
I speed up on the road when I see speed bumps.....far from slowing down or stopping!

blackbarbie said:

Brownsugar, I just don't understand why the person would even take the effort to leave a comment like that? It was pointless. If she couldn't have said anything nice, she shouldn't have said anything. The comments were intentional and intended to offend and there is just no sense in that. I'm with you, I am all for constructive criticism, but that was destructive criticism at its best.

And you mentioned how her hair was pretty? Maybe she is hatin' b/c she thought she was the only one that could grow her hair and have pretty hair. Ummm, I guess she hasn't been on this board that long huh!

Girl you do you and I am striving to be just like you when I grow up cause I probably would have ripped her a new one with a "nice-sty" comment right back at her (not as horrible as hers though!):lol::lol:
You know what? A few years ago I may have acted an ass and put on my big red nose and my clown suit...but in 2003, I almost lost my life to respiratory failure, and then AGAIN in 2004..my lungs failed...But I'm here and by the grace of God getting better.....makes you look at things A LOT differently. I'm not saying that I'm a Saint....FAR from it (just try and take a parking spot that I've been waiting for and SEE what happens). But I did realize that I can't let little things bother me, and that sometimes people do and say things that they don't really mean b/c they are going thru things themselves. And sometimes people DO mean it...you can't change them, and wasted energy on retaliation takes away from my own healing.....
I mean dang....IT'S ONLY HAIR!!

Super_Hero_Girl said:
:lol: @ sending you money and stopping. That would hurt my feelings too. I may even shed some tears. lol.

Thanks for the compliment. Yea, I had it cut in layers a long time ago. LOL @ balanced. I'm gonna have to start calling it that.
It's smashing!! You should be popping your collar (or ear muffs, or whatever you pop!!)
Work the catwalk girl!;)

blackbarbie said:

BTW..I like your flip...looks fluid and natural. Like you just pulled off your head scarf and it turned up that way......bouncy and DEAD SEXYYYYY! (Doing my best Austin Powers impersonation!)

lala said:
brownsugar999 --- I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt, I do feel that anyone who would make such a comment (no matter how old they are) was clearly trying to be insulting. I'm not sure why the color of your hair is something anyone should be so critical or concerned about. When I hear comments like these, it is usually indicative of low self esteem. It's a shame...

And sylver2, keep slinging that beautiful hair of yours -- you know what's up...

wow lala your hair is beautiful...:)

brownsugar...I say you have grace and dont even address people who decide they dont like something about you.
I wore my afro puff curly pony tail to the grocery and 2 chicks where hatin..and laughin..shoot i was CUTE>>.so god bless them..lol(guess what did not have enough hair on her head to make a pony tail.
so i said you know what she is just hatin..)dont even let them get you down.

mzlatisha said:
wow lala your hair is beautiful...:)

brownsugar...I say you have grace and dont even address people who decide they dont like something about you.
I wore my afro puff curly pony tail to the grocery and 2 chicks where hatin..and laughin..shoot i was CUTE>>.so god bless them..lol(guess what did not have enough hair on her head to make a pony tail.
so i said you know what she is just hatin..)dont even let them get you down.
Thank you and WOW.....impressive head!!! You knew you were cute....they did too...just didn't want to admit it. I say hey....you no likey....pay for something different!!!

Your hair looks beautiful, brownsugar9999! :rosebud: You are one of a few people who have been able to go blonde and have soft, pretty and healthy looking hair! It's your hair so, do what makes YOU happy! :drunk:

Mestiza said:
Your hair looks beautiful, brownsugar9999! :rosebud: You are one of a few people who have been able to go blonde and have soft, pretty and healthy looking hair! It's your hair so, do what makes YOU happy! :drunk:

:dork: Thank you daaaalin'! I'm just a squirrel...trying to get a nut (or a gift card to a BSS!!!)
HHG

Firstly, I think your hair is fantastic!! If Mary J can rock Blonde and make it look good, why not you??!!! Women of Color can look good in any color because Brown goes with everything.....(even lighter shades of brown):D

My friends say that I have a real pollyannish view of people. I dont understand why people are so cruel to each other. If I am not going to help you, I wont harm you.

Joyce Meyers said something that has helped me get over the wonder of these things. She said, "Hurting people hurt people" Although I dont agree with what the person did, I can imagine they were a bitter and unhappy person. I feel sorry for them. Because celebrating success of others is the quickest way for success to find you....

Brownsugar..I'm sorry if I sabotaged your thread in any way. I saw the subject and I got riled up from my own personal experience.
I wish I would have taken it as good as you. Like someone said, u are showing true class,:yep: and still have nice things to say about that person.
Thanks everyone for your nice comments towards me:))))

question: Brownsugar How long does it take u to flat iron your hair and what flat iron do u use?

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Somebody needs to step up and take responsibility for their harsh words. This is unacceptable.:mad:

Brownsugar and Sylver both of you ladies have remarkable hair.

Brownsugar, your hair is a fabulous golden color and it shows that you take care of it well. it's healthy, long and flowing. what's not to love about it? i love color and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it! btw, i think it suits you very well.

Sylver, it's a shame you had to lock your fotki. your beautiful hair is one of the reasons why i wanted to join LHCF. before i got my membership, you were one of the few members whose fotki i was able to view. (maybe that crazy stylist left notes in your fotki :lol: just kidding) seriously though, your hair gorgeous and a true inspiration.

XXXtacy said:
Firstly, I think your hair is fantastic!! If Mary J can rock Blonde and make it look good, why not you??!!! Women of Color can look good in any color because Brown goes with everything.....(even lighter shades of brown):D

My friends say that I have a real pollyannish view of people. I dont understand why people are so cruel to each other. If I am not going to help you, I wont harm you.

Joyce Meyers said something that has helped me get over the wonder of these things. She said, "Hurting people hurt people" Although I dont agree with what the person did, I can imagine they were a bitter and unhappy person. I feel sorry for them. Because celebrating success of others is the quickest way for success to find you....
Thank you...Joyce is great, isn't she.
Well I don't plan to uplift myself on the backs of others.
I LOVE to see all the beautiful progress my sisters are making....gives us ALLLLLL hope
Bless you and keep on growing!
I can't say that I have a very pollyanna-sih view of people...I work in the ERE...I've seen people at their worst...but I refuse to let it take me down that path.
And Mary J is my inspiration!!!!!!!

sylver2 said:
Brownsugar..I'm sorry if I sabotaged your thread in any way. I saw the subject and I got riled up from my own personal experience.
I wish I would have taken it as good as you. Like someone said, u are showing true class,:yep: and still have nice things to say about that person.
Thanks everyone for your nice comments towards me:))))

question: Brownsugar How long does it take u to flat iron your hair and what flat iron do u use?
Sabatoged???? Never.....I'm glad that you could empathize as well as sympathize with me (sorry you had to go thru that though)
But it just energizes us, right? Makes us do better despite the hate of others.

Now the horrid answer...flatironing.....
if I have a good CD, and it's cool inside the house, I can knock it out in 1 hour...going piece by piece...individually using thermal protectant sparingly, bumping it (curl) and adding a roller or two...
I have a Corioliss and an FHI 207...and a Kizure metal iron with the stove (only pulkl that puppy out when my hair feels water logged and I want a HARD press/flatiron.....but when I do that I can't hold a curl to SAVE MY LIFE, and the iron gets a little TOO hot (scorching).
I use the blow dryer to get it prestty straight and use the flat iron to get it shiny!
If it's hot outside, my hair is REVERTING as I straighten.......
my husband laughs at me b/c I hole up and won't let him see me!

blueabyss333 said:
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Somebody needs to step up and take responsibility for their harsh words. This is unacceptable.:mad:
Thank you love...
No matter what, in the eyes of the Lord....I AM SPECTACULAR as well as all of my SISTERS on LHCF..even the commentor....We're here to help each other

So fling swing and shake your head...be fierce girl!!!

SweetCaramel1 said:
Brownsugar and Sylver both of you ladies have remarkable hair.

Brownsugar, your hair is a fabulous golden color and it shows that you take care of it well. it's healthy, long and flowing. what's not to love about it? i love color and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it! btw, i think it suits you very well.

Sylver, it's a shame you had to lock your fotki. your beautiful hair is one of the reasons why i wanted to join LHCF. before i got my membership, you were one of the few members whose fotki i was able to view. (maybe that crazy stylist left notes in your fotki :lol: just kidding) seriously though, your hair gorgeous and a true inspiration.
Okay, can I be one of those rude women who run up and run my right hand thru your hair and my left thru sylver2's? I have Purell sanitizer!!!?? I'll use gloves !!!:lachen: Then you can back hand me!!!!!!! Then when I'm done I'll chase down all the other heads on this site!!!!!!! Serial hair molester!!!!

PerfectDoak said:
I think she's just jealous or has very boring opinions.
I've seen your album and the hair colour suits you :)
Thank you...but it really shouldn't matter if it suits me or not...right? If I wasnted to walk around with a raccoon on my head, that's my option, right?
As long as it doesn't physically jump off of my head and attack someone...I'm within my natural right, right?
Heck...I wonder what would have been said if I had posted the PLATINUM pictures?????? (I looked like a HAG!!!)

Those are the key words in bold from your quote, and maybe because there wasn't anything they could critisize regarding the health of your hair, they became envious and jealous, so found something negative to say instead of being honest w/themselves. Everyone's hair can not take bleach so they may have just be mad they can't go that route w/breakage issues. Personally I think your hair is in tip top shape and the color is nice and even in distibution. It looks very soft and moisturized as appose to dry and straw looking. If any women can bleach/color their entire head and keep it as healthy and maintained as you I give them a :up: .
brownsugar9999 said:
I can handle criticism...but if I didn't like something about this or that, I would have commented politely on the health issue of it and kept my personal attack to myself.

awww . . . see thats exactly why mine is and shall remain on lock.:ohwell: I'm sorry you had to endure that girl-- it really is a hurtful feeling. In albums we chronicle the good with the bad and some people take the opportunity to remind you how bad the bad is. (Or what they think the bad is) I'm not saying all comments should peachy and perfect, but people should treat others as they would want to be treated and use a little tact. Especially with people who have the courage to share their albums freely w/o password protection. Its like people get particularly bold when your album is open like that.:ohwell:

sylver2 said:
I know how you feel, A person recently left this comment in my Fokti:
"Nice weave-where do you buy your hair from"
They know I don't have one and was clearly trying to be a B!!
Now I keep fokti LOCKED -PW needed.

and yes, it is a difference between criticism and straight out just being a B or mean.
Your hair is beautiful, Sylver2! :clap: They should've asked you for tips to help them in their hair journey instead of using that energy in such a negative way. :yep:

Regardless how positive something could be, there will always be someone in the midst that harbors negativity. Sorry that you had to deal with that.

i'm late but: oh no i feel responsible i think you turned on comments after my pm
oh well shake off the hater she probably has broke of hair with horrible ends and even if her hair is healthy her attitude is stank

HATERS NEVER PROSPER

I'm sorry this happened to you. Some people are just mean sometimes. I think your hair is beautiful. Who cares what she or he (who knows) thinks.

Back