I thought all of yall were CRAZY! Now I AM CRAZY!

How often do you Wash/Co-Wash/Deep Condition (i.e. wet your hair) per week?

• less than once a week

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • once a week

Votes: 149 30.2%
  • twice a week

Votes: 151 30.6%
  • three times a week

Votes: 71 14.4%
  • more than three times a week

Votes: 104 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDandBeyond

When I first found LHCF it seemed everyone washed/co-washed/deep conditioned or did something involving water with their hair at least 2-3 times per week. I'm not gonna lie...I thought you were all CRAZY! I used to HATE getting my hair wet and dealing with it in that state. I would wash every other week AT MOST and I had no clue what co-washing or deep conditioning without shampooing was.

NOW, I can't get enough! The only thing that stops me from doing more than my now twice a week dc and once a week shampoo is I am too busy. I have noticed healthier hair from more frequent washes and conditioning treatments then I ever would have thought.

How often do you ladies wash/co-wash/deep condition per week?

Depending on how I feel (my regimen changes A LOT) I cowash daily.

If I'm not cowashing daily, I'm usually shampooing and DC'ing once a week.

So far, I've been doing it 2x a week. I used to only shampoo my hair every other week too. Now I look forward to playing in my hair in the shower. It makes me feel gooooood!

lol....I wash about 3 times a week - I still can't get into co-washing - tried it once and it made my hair feel coated...
To me that is almost like taking a bath with lotion/no soap - just doesn't seem like I am getting my hair clean - I may try it again....

I was one also that thought this was sheer madness.

I repeated the mantra in my hair "Black women can't wash their hair frequently" and only washed like twice a month. Now I LOVE washing my hair!! I just did it today!

I was happy when LHCF let me in on the crazy. Shoot my hair did a complete turn around. I now cw daily in summer every other day in winter.

lol....I wash about 3 times a week - I still can't get into co-washing - tried it once and it made my hair feel coated...
To me that is almost like taking a bath with lotion/no soap - just doesn't seem like I am getting my hair clean - I may try it again....

If you're just getting started co-washing it helps to clarify your hair first.That "coated" feeling is usually buildup that has not been completely washed out or removed from the hair.

I co-wash as often as I can, usually 3 to 4 times a week and shampoo every 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. Getting in the shower is a treat to me. Now that it is cold it is a way to warm up. I rarely if ever DC. I just don't see the need with so much co-washing.

In the winter I co-wash ever night and let it airdry over night.
Or if I straighten, I sometimes leave that for 2 or 3 days.
I shampoo about once a week...just whenever I feel like it.
And deep condition whenever I straighten or just whenever I feel like it.

Before I found LHCF I was shampooing 3 times a week because my dermatologist suggested it. I definitely like Co-washing more because it lets me clean m hair gently without drying my scalp.

I co wash 2 per week and dc 2 per week. I love co-washing and I really use shampoo. When I really want my clean. I take a tblsp of baking soda in 1 cup of hot water and mix 1/2 cup of my herbal hair tea. It gets my scalp clean with out being squeaky and the herbs I use are for growth.

I wash my hair twice a week. I finally have a solid winter schedule and my hair seems to agree with 2x per week washing (with shampoo). I dc everytime I wash. I might up the ante in the summer (wash and dc three times a week or add an extra cw). Depends on what my style plans are.

Now I'm back to 2x a week but it ranges from 2x a week to 1x every two weeks depending on where in the world I am and what season it is.

Welcome to the club!!!!!!!:grin::grin: I wash my hair and deep condition twice a week. I may throw in extra conditioner wash if my hair is mad at me and is acting ugly!!!!!!!:lachen::lachen:

My hair is completely wet from doing something to my hair 3-4x/week unless the weather is just bitter cold (like last week when it was -16 degrees outside), and then I do it less to keep from getting sick.

I wash with conditioner once a week. Anything more is way way way to much manipulation and time. Washing for me is at least a 2 hour process, because I have to make sure my hair is in twist in order to wash and than I have to do something to my hair immediately after washing. Somettime of braided/twist style or my hair will knot up.

I have amazing conditioners so my hair is soft, detangled, and moisturized after I wash, but I can't leave my hair in the shrunken state ro a state where the ends can tangle.

Every other week I baking soda, ACV rinse, and DC.

Back