I think I'll pass on the haircut - Update with pics

Nayeli

Thank you to everyone who responded to my thread (http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=406030&highlight=enjoying+length) last week about my not enjoying the length of my hair. After thinking hard about cutting, I just got a trim.

Since then, I've worn my hair out EVERY SINGLE DAY AND I'M LOVING IT :grin:
I think I just got sooo caught up in protective styling for the sake of length that I forgot I need to enjoy my hair too. I've been doing pin-curls, wavy, straight :spinning:

So just a reminder to my nikos to take the time to relish in the fact that your hair is getting longer, you deserve it! :yep:.

The pics don't really show length. As I said I've just been enjoying my hair period, so I wasn't length checking. I just wanted to share since I promised an update. ETA, please excuse the smudge on the mirror.

fewnewhair005.jpg
n003-1.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that sometimes we all need to take a break to enjoy our hair. I was hardcore doing everything for one solid year, so I recently started enjoying it more. I'm still on top of my game, but wearing it out sometimes makes me realize that all of my efforts are worth it.

I'm glad you're enjoying your hair again. :-)

I think you made the right decision. Sometimes we just need to wear it out and relish in the knowledge that our care and consistency paid off. Of course since I posted in your thread 2 weeks ago I'm still PSing but I look cute so that's all that matters. Your hair is lovely by the way!

Nayeli that is some lovely progress, looking at your siggy :) I think you're right, sometimes just a change in style is what's needed rather than a drastic cut.

Nayeli, how do you maintain your ends to keep them moist? I want to start wearing my hair down (my half-wig is starting to feel like a hat!) but I'm scared of the potential dryness. Your ends look beautiful. What's your regimen?

Thank you for the lovely words everyone. I was definitely having a moment.

Keyawarren - I haven't had any significant damage with my ends because they were always up. Now that I'll be wearing my hair out more, I think I'll up my moisturizing. I DC once a week and air dry, alternating protein (2 minute reconstructor) with moisture weekly. I co-wash more or less when I'm in the mood. My absolute staples are NTM silk touch leave in and Kids Organics Shea. Best moisturizers for me - yet to find anything comparable. Ordinarily I hardly trim, but I overprocessed in June so I'll be trimming with each relaxer for a while. I relax anywhere between 14 and 16 weeks with Affirm.

Mwedzi - I didn't take pics of the pin curls - I surely will next time!

Beans - thanks for making me do this update lol.

I’m glad you didn’t cut as your hair is so beautiful. :yep: I absolutely agree with you in enjoying the fruits of your labour, its so important from a motivational stand point and lastly, its just plain fun to do so :grin:

Back