I think I have fine hair but

caribeandiva

Human being
I have a lot of it!! I think that's called high density. My hair as a whole is super thick but the strands are fine. I'm shocked because all these years I thought my hair was coarse. Go figure.

I think most non-LHCF people assume having a lot of hair is equivalent to having course strands. Mos also confuse very coily Type 4 super kinky hair with it being coarse as well. Folks have no or 'slow' growth this way because they handle their strands wrong for the type which causes massive breakage, splits, and loss.

This is EXACTLY the way my DD's hair is, fine individual strands, but MILLIONS of them. Tangly too.

I think most non-LHCF people assume having a lot of hair is equivalent to having course strands. Mos also confuse very coily Type 4 super kinky hair with it being coarse as well. Folks have no or 'slow' growth this way because they handle their strands wrong for the type which causes massive breakage, splits, and loss.

I agree. I've found that most people, especially non-blacks use "coarse" to mean "difficult, non-silky, or non-white people" hair. :rolleyes:

Yes. Quite possible. I have "thick-but-fine" hair as well. My mother told me this when I decided to start doing my own hair all those years ago. Unfortunately, chemicals thinned out my hair, but now it's thickened back up...complete with baby hair!

Thick but fine hair is a pain, especially as it gets longer. You have to be so careful with it, and since there's so much, it takes FOREVER to do. Now I realize why my hair was ALWAYS braided up when I was little. YouTube videos do nothing for me. I have yet to see a YouTuber that has thick, fine hair.

@ the bolded: story of my life right there. I'd be MBL by now had I realized this sooner.

That's me to a perfect t. I have lost so much hair over the years through hairdressers and my mother combing and styling my hair wet, cutting it just because the roots didn't match the ends etc. It was only when I started taking matters into my own hands that I saw improvement and I now understand what my hair is supposed to look like.

There are plenty of fine haired women on youtube check out megz.

Best,
Almond Eyes

My hair is just like yours. Fine strands with high density. My mom is the opposite. She has very thick, coarse strands with low density.

I have a lot of it!! I think that's called high density. My hair as a whole is super thick but the strands are fine. I'm shocked because all these years I thought my hair was coarse. Go figure.

This is EXACTLY the way my DD's hair is, fine individual strands, but MILLIONS of them. Tangly too.

My hair has all those characteristics with one more thrown in for good measure lol she it can’t hold a curl to save her life, and her pet peeve is persons getting confused with hair density versus strand size. Try being a natural wsl 4B with all the above characteristics.

i have fine hair and lots of it. high density. i thought i had thick hair before i became natural ( and back to relaxed in december after 5 years).

anyway, our hair type is difficult to grow because any laziness, unpatience will put you back to 0. breakage breakage breakage. and fîne hair usually likes protein.

I have this type too
So what is the solution ladies!?
Are any of us at long lengths?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have this type too So what is the solution ladies!? Are any of us at long lengths? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

depends what long hair is to you. :-)

i am bsb( longest layers reached bsl but i had cut back to apl) im gonna relax in december and cut again to either bob cut or sl i think. i'll see how i feel at the salon.

some youtubers to check out:

TheTabb1 (she says she is between medium ànd fine hair).

fancyflairlady

Judith O

Ulovemegz

check them out !

I have this type too So what is the solution ladies!? Are any of us at long lengths? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

low manipulation. pre poo with on damp hair. protein is the secret for me.

moisture is very important and i never seal, which i should, at least the ends....

as i plan to relax next month i might have to learn a knew reggie for my hair. 5 years without relaxing i no longer know what it is.

FINE HAIR
Phillip Kingsley
Fine hair is hair in which the diameter of each individual strand is fine. It does not refer to the actual number of hairs on your scalp. What may surprise you is that those with fine hair actually have more hairs on their scalp than any other hair texture as there is room for more of them!

coolsista-paris said:
low manipulation. pre poo with on damp hair. protein is the secret for me. moisture is very important and i never seal, which i should, at least the ends.... as i plan to relax next month i might have to learn a knew reggie for my hair. 5 years without relaxing i no longer know what it is.

Thanks
I need to be more consistent with protein

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The way some describe it, if you have fine hair you'll KNOW it... I agree. Your hair is probably medium. What makes you think it is fine?

The way some describe it, if you have fine hair you'll KNOW it... I agree. Your hair is probably medium. What makes you think it is fine?

my example:i think mine is fine hair. but i sometimes thought medium ( especially in the crown)!

i just dont understand how i used to have full hair that looked thick ?! maybe because i have lots of it.

maybe im a mixture of both, fine and medium....

Being natural and this hair type is hard hard work.
I'll be relaxing soon because although the texturiser has helped some it's not enough - the strands are still sticking together and looking very frizzy.

Yes I have fine hair, but a lot of it too! It took a friend of mine from LHCF some years ago to tell me. For years stylists had me thinking that my hair was coarse! They would always use SUPER strength relaxer on my hair and sometimes leave it on for 30 minutes or so! Had me thinking my hair was hard to straighten. One day, I finally went to someone who used regular, but a different brand. I think it was Affirm. It worked great and my hair was straight in about 15-20 minutes. Then... when I started doing my own touch-ups here and there I used Motions regular. Still no problem! So, I realized it wasn't the Affirm it's just that people had been using the wrong products on my hair.

Took me about 15 years before I realized this. So glad I know better now. Now I know how to retain some hair! LOL!

Being natural and this hair type is hard hard work. I'll be relaxing soon because although the texturiser has helped some it's not enough - the strands are still sticking together and looking very frizzy.

ive been fighting for 5 years... im relaxing in decemer . a few weeks left and sooooo excited!!!!

im still looking for a good salon. and if i should cut or not.

lets keep up on this

Back