I See Progress! (Pics)

Extremus

I didn't realize how much progress I made until I took a look back at my starting picture (Aug 2007) and compared it to my recent photo (Jan 2008)

This is 4.5 months of progress! Sorry, but I've very proud of my achievement :yep::grin: I can be right? :look:

ETA: I did comb my hair on the right pic, it still was drippin wet, but I think the combing made it look a lil thicker...it tends to do that sometime :ohwell:

Last edited:
:shocked::shocked::clap:Girl i'd be touching the roof if i got so much progress in 4.5mths. AWSOME JOB. U should treat yourself.CONGRATS

Wow... It looks soo much thicker too. Congratulations!

What is your regimen?

I don't have one :ohwell: ....I just listen to my hair :look: (seriously :yep:)

ETA: I think the main thing was going from daily heat usage to using heat 2x a month AND not doing anything to my hair but moisturizing it. Some weeks I would do absolutely no styling or combing (LAZY as all hell) :perplexed

Last edited:
DANNNNGGGGGG!!! Great progress! Keep up the good work!! What do u moisturize with btw....cuz what ur doing is working girl! :yep:

That's awesome progress! You have every right to be proud!!

Now when you say lazy...does lazy include a bun or some sort of protective style?:grin: You've got to spill something! lol

DANNNNGGGGGG!!! Great progress! Keep up the good work!! What do u moisturize with btw....cuz what ur doing is working girl! :yep:

Man, I'm always switching, but I tend to always go back to:

Elasta QP Mango butter
WGO (ends)
Suave Professionals Color Care (cheap conditioner, but I really like it)
EVOO
Castor Oil

That's awesome progress! You have every right to be proud!!

Now when you say lazy...does lazy include a bun or some sort of protective style?:grin: You've got to spill something! lol

Not a bun, maybe a ponytail, and that's when I'm air-drying my hair or I'm over 8 weeks post relaxer. I'll have it in a ponytail for about a week or longer until I wash it. Then I'll straighten it, leave it down for 2 weeks w/ little to no combing (mostly finger-combing) then wash. I barely style my hair. My SO hates it, but it works for me :look:

Not a bun, maybe a ponytail, and that's when I'm air-drying my hair or I'm over 8 weeks post relaxer. I'll have it in a ponytail for about a week or longer until I wash it. Then I'll straighten it, leave it down for 2 weeks w/ little to no combing (mostly finger-combing) then wash. I barely style my hair. My SO hates it, but it works for me :look:

Your progress is remarkable I think your minimalist regimen is great. I think your on the right track, because that amount of growth is outstanding:clapping: NOW since you gave me some advice let me give you just a little.
:fishslap:GROW YOUR HAIR BUT KEEP YOUR MAN GIRL
Buy a Fall or a UDU clip and keep yourself looking Right. Not just on wash or flat iron days.:giveheart:Trust Me:giveheart:

You won't be sorry.:Flahsssss

Last edited:
[/color][/u][/i]

Your progress is remarkable I think your minimalist regimen is great. I think your on the right track, because that amount of growth is outstanding:clapping: NOW since you gave me some advice let me give you just a little. :fishslap:GROW YOUR HAIR BUT KEEP YOUR MAN GIRL
Buy a Fall or a UDU clip and keep yourself looking Right. Not just on wash or flat iron days.:giveheart:Trust Me:giveheart:

You won't be sorry.:Flahsssss

:lachen:I know, I know :blush:. When he first met me, my hair was always DONE and he loved that. Now when he asks, why I don't style it no more, I tell him, "I'm trying to grow my hair out, remember? I can't retain length if I keep styling it daily" (or maybe that's just my excuse, b/c I'm really just lazy :look:) I found bantu knots to be a very cute, quick, & simple hairstyle! :yep: If only I can find more hairstyles like that I'll be all good. :yep:

Last edited:
:lachen:I know, I know :blush:. When he first met me, my hair was always DONE and he loved that. Now when he asks, why I don't style it no more, I tell him, "I'm trying to grow my hair out, remember? I can't retain length if I keep styling it daily" (or maybe that's just my excuse, b/c I'm really just lazy :look:) I found bantu knots to be a very cute, quick, & simple hairstyle! :yep: If only I can find more hairstyles like that I'll be all good. :yep:

Girl I know I heard the same thing and gave in too soon:cry3: and growth has been slow but now I think I got a good balance. Here's to you:cheers: For being where I want to be and finding a sexy balance.:bighug:

Back