I posted a new "evolution of the puff" pic :-D

so1913

Well, I posted a new "puff" picture, but I'm losing my puff :-( it's getting flimsy and floppy and doesn't hold a shape. I guess it's that in between stage where hair is too short for one thing and too long for another...ah well...

so1913 said:
Well, I posted a new "puff" picture, but I'm losing my puff :-( it's getting flimsy and floppy and doesn't hold a shape. I guess it's that in between stage where hair is too short for one thing and too long for another...ah well...

It just needs a hug, but its still nice...
I'm hating...

yowza!! its gorgeous!!! im so jealous!!! is your hair in a ponytail or do you have your headband doubled (or tripled) up??? and your curls make me weep! :D

That puff looks fine to me...its so pretty and curly :). I dont see the floppiness you're talking about.

thanks ladies. It's probably the layers cut in it that's throwing me off as it grows. My puffs aren't as "round"' as in the other pics. But I guess the fact that it's growing is something to stay positive about!

Shatani said:
yowza!! its gorgeous!!! im so jealous!!! is your hair in a ponytail or do you have your headband doubled (or tripled) up??? and your curls make me weep! :D

Its a headband doubled. Can't pull of the ponytail thing yet, but can't wait!

iwantlongerhair said:
your puff looks nice and i love your curls. how long have you been natural?

My last relaxer was december 2002, I've been fully natural for the past 9 months or so...

Your puff doesn't look flimsy or floppy to me! It's GORGEOUS!!! Your natural hair is beautiful! :)

I don't see it either. Your puff is very pretty :) .

Ayeshia said:
That puff looks fine to me...its so pretty and curly :). I dont see the floppiness you're talking about.

GodMadeMePretty said:
It looks good. Now why did you have to post your products??? How do you like the oyin?

I love Oyin's, but my other favorite is Asha's. Lately I've been using the combination of Pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo & Conditioner, Asha's Silk Rose (brings keeps the curl definition, reduces frizz, and keeps it shiny) and The Roots for scalp massages, and Oyin's Whipped pudding to maintain moisture, softness and shine.

Last edited:
LegallySpeaking said:
The puff is beautiful and your curl definition is great! How do you get such defined curls?

thanks, lately I've just been using pantene hydrating curls and Asha's Silk Rose (which is a rose water/glycerin mixture) and diffusing.

I found that Oyin's Shine & Define is great to for curl def, but I've been enjoying the results I've been getting with Asha's leave in conditioner.

Back