I need some Dr.Laura advice on this, he's got baggage!

:blush: OH MY I see I hit JerseyGirl's radar!!!!! (LOL)

Just to clarify, IT WAS NOT my intention to go to the Service. I offered to "ride" up there with him to help with the driving portion (he worked this weekend, will have to work on Tue; & I had 3-days off including today); I would stayed in a hotel room that night and during most of the service (studing & preparing for a class I have to give this weekend). The "ride-along" is not uncommon amongst Servicemembers, kind of a "battle buddy"move.

Thank you all for your input.

P.S. JerseyGirl: Yo shyt Mo'funny when it don't pertaine to me.:perplexed Keep it comming though!

Sigh! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Too available and too much thinking about someone whom you barely know. It's only been two weeks and you are ready to chaufer him like you've been in a committed relationship with him for 8 months? And on your days off no less. :nono:

I think it's a good thing he wants to keep you away from his crazy ex, until he get's things under control. Which is another reason to put some distance between you two. I'm assuming by the "servicemembers" comment the two of you are already servicing each other? :perplexed Damn no wonder you want to chaufer him on a long a$$ drive. Who does this? He is going to a funeral and kinky twists at a hotel would only be a vacation for you and a possible source of stress for him.

Agreed. If it were a different "event", I'd see the issue but a funeral? why would you wanna be part of that..so soon too?

Her mind is on something else, she's thinking about hiding away up in that hotel room. When he get's back to the room they can go ahead and screw their brains out. But it wouldn't work that way because funerals are emotional and stressful. So he may not give her the attention that she is looking for. In fact when family members keep ringing his phone and wondering why they can't come up to his hotel room, life for both of them would have gotten very uncomfortable.

Let him go. It's only been 2 weeks. He is admittedly not strong enough to let the ex know where she stands so any woman is his life will have a hard way to go.

Whew, I'm just back from a working weekend and "wow" at the additional responses this thread has received!

naturalmanenyc & panamoni : Thank you both for the advice, that's pretty much what I told him once we had a chance to sit down and talk.

bellezanegra826: I appreceiate the lengthy and deliberate analysis of the "situation". I gently brought this up during our discussion. Funny I work with "dudes" who can run headstrong into battle, but will flee from conflict with a woman. ....Of course he insists that he now has better knowlege on how to handle her ****.

CurlyMoo: YES, I've spent quite a few years in "uniform" defending the freedoms & rights of myself, You, and everyone here; whether I agree with them or not. We all have our own opinons, and fortunately this forum allows us to share & express them freely.
SO, I ask that you do not insult my "ServiceMember" statement with that barrage of underhanded & insidious BS mentioned in that and your following post. My offer was just what it was, nothing more; that he "clearly" understood.

My original post was to learn from the knowledge&experiences of other women with similar experiences.

Where I work, none of us are "at home" and we travel regularly. I'm responding from work so I'll end now to "keep this long story short".

LOL, gull you hardly know this fool. 2 weeks in and you're already comtemplating taking on his drama. I say take a breather from this one. Remain friends until he settles his personal affairs.

The first mistake was offering to do the driving portion to the funeral. DON'T. DO. THAT. and DON'T BE TOO AVAILABLE! It's only been 2 weeks, you should still be a fantasy to him, not a soon to be future doormat. Let him be man enough to get himself together to make the drive on his own. Don't play shero before you find out if he's worth saving. You should have just sent him your best and told him you will see him when he get's back. Now go get your friends and get yourselves some peanut putter smoothies.:lick:

:ohwell: I thought OP said she knew him three years and have been dating two weeks. Maybe I misunderstood...

You want Dr. Laura advice, well you'll get it. I've read all of her books except the marriage series. She has changed my life.

What would Dr. Laura say? He shouldn't be dating anyone anyway until the youngest kid is 18 as it is. You have issues you need to work on because for you to even entertain a potential volatile situation says a lot about you and what you've possibly put up in the past (you wanted it Dr. L style, that's what you're getting). "You won't let her chase you away"? What have you put up in your life that you always feel that stubbornness is always the answer? When it comes to the kids, he has already made it clear that you will lose. Take the not so subtle hints that he's giving you now and save yourself some heartache later. Wish him the best and leave.

The bolded is a very interesting question. Is there a specific place that Dr. Laura has spoken about that in particular?

The bolded is a very interesting question. Is there a specific place that Dr. Laura has spoken about that in particular?

Not really. That is Dr. Laura's style, not necessarily a subject that she has covered. She deals with the person who is calling, not the person that the caller has issues with. I just took the Dr. L approach when I read the OPs deceleration that the ex "wasn't going to scare her off". For the OP to make such a deceleration for a guy she just met, says that the OP has a history of being stubborn, IMO.

Back