I need a polite way to say don't trim too much!

I found a wonderful stylist that I plan on sticking with for the long run. Unfortunately, she trimmed entirely too much of my hair during the last visit :nono:. During my next relaxer visit, I want to ask her to only trim 1/4 of an inch.

Has anyone been successful with getting this across to your stylist in a polite manner? If so, please help me with a kind way to ask.

Polite????:look: How about Blunt? like, Do not trim more than 1/4th of an inch.

If she does more than that.... Stop going to her.

I tell her I want to see how much you are going to cut before you cut it and ask for the hand held mirror or turn around in the chair to face the large mirror so that I can see what she is doing.

Timid Avaya gets checked at the door when it comes to my hair! I've worked to hard to have it jacked up in a matter of minutes by a scissor happy stylist!

Unless you are bringing a ruler with you I wouldn't even start talking in inches with a stylist. I want her to show me exactly where she plans to start cutting.

Just pick up my hair and show me where with your fingers, then, I can either agree with her or correct her and then watch her like a hawk with in mirrors to make sure she following my instructions.

Before we start, I show her with my finger how much I mean when I say trim. While she is trimming, I ask her to show me EXACTLY what she is doing in the mirrow and if I have to, I say, Uh...you may be taking off too much!! I am all for politeness, but when it comes to my hair, I ain't playing'... lol.

Back