I need 3 more inches!

DDHair

Hey guys,
I know you haven't heard from me in a while, but I'm doing good hairwise. As of almost 2 weeks ago, I made my natural debut to people other than my church members by wearing my fro in a fashion show, I wasn't going to do it, but everyone convinced me to do so, so I have worn it like that ever since. And you will not believe the compliments from guys that I have gotten that I never thought I would receive. Well since I have cut most of my permed ends off (saying that because I have not had a professional cut), I am pretty satisfied with my hair, but I am in need of 3 more inches in my opinion. I want my bangs to be back to chin length. Right now it as at nose length, and before I straighten again I have vowed (because often I straighten sooner than I want to) to wait for those 3 more inches.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I take biotin occassionally, I use Surge, and other products with biotin, and I try to stay moisturized and braid almost nightly. I would really like to get the 3 inches before 3 months, but I may just have to wait. If anyone has received more than an inch of growth in a month, please write back! Thank you in advance.
DDHAIR

PS I may not even be getting an inch, I can't tell anymore since I have gone natural and don't measure reguarly. So I guess if there are any getting an inch, the advice is helpful too.

DDHair, I am so happy to hear from you again! I had been wondering how you were doing. Good to see you are still going natural. As for the growth, I try not to get to consumed with growing it this fast in this amount of time. Just allow your hair to grow on it's on. Even if you do use those supplements and products there's no guareentee that your hair will grow 3 inches in three months;however,if you want to try something,I would suggest that you massage your scalp daily and before you wash your hair, apply a conditioner of your choice and cover your head with a plastic cap. Do something that will generate heat ie,exercise or clean up. After all of this,wash your hair. This technique plus the massaging will increase the blood flow to your scalp to promote hair growth,but it may not give you what you want in 3 months. Take care,girl!

Hey girl
wave.gif

Great to see ya! I bet your hair is super cute
up.gif

Hey Yall,
I was beginning to think no one wanted to talk to me
frown.gif
, lol, it seem like it took forever for a response, you know if no one posts in like 4-5 mintues they are not interested, or at least that is how I see it half the time, so I just gave up on that post. But I see my old school buddies were just not on-line at the time. Anyway, Bublnbrnsuga, yeah I understand what you are saying to a tee, because this obsession with this 3 inches is about to be my thorn. I just can't seem to get what I want, but when I do, believe me it's going to be on in my world, but that's okay it's on regardless, because I am loving this natural hair and I am experimenting with being me. I do the scalp massages, but if I have ever used a conditioner before washing it usually is in the form of a spray, so I may just have to try this. I am thinking about upping my wash days too, what do you think about daily or every other day? Right now it is once or twice a week. I see that your hair is looking good in your icon thing, and I am really glad to know that some people were missing me, you too Supergirl and how was the meeting, I hate I missed it, but I was in a funk about something else and went to Louisiana that afternoon. Oh did you go to the Reuben concert? I went Saturday.

Okay I see you did go to the concert Supergirl, and your hair has grown so much! What are you doing to it again? Wasn't Khem's performance good too? Did you hear that Reub only sold 500 tickets! They had to give like 4,000 something away, that is terrible, not enough advertising I guess!

DDHair, have you used essential oils? You could make a spray mixture of rosemary eo and peppermint eo combined with distilled water to spray to your scalp morning and night. This should stimulate growth.

Hi DDHair, I missed you at the meeting. Hope to see you at the next one. Glad to know that you are hanging in there with the natural hair. I think hair massages and Surge are the best things for growth. I co/wash my hair most everyday, otherwise it is unmanageable to me. However this week I am going to try to go at least 5-7 days.

Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
DDHair, have you used essential oils? You could make a spray mixture of rosemary eo and peppermint eo combined with distilled water to spray to your scalp morning and night. This should stimulate growth.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with hairlove. Also you may want to add a couple of drops to your deep conditioner. Glad to see you back and glad that you're enjoying your natural hair.

[ QUOTE ]
DDHair said:
...how was the meeting, I hate I missed it, but I was in a funk about something else and went to Louisiana that afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, I was wondering where you were.
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the rosemary eo. I'm experiencing a growth spurt right now and I think it's due to my rosemary spritz I use on my scalp. I also do daily conditoner washes with Suave Tropical Coconut and I haven't flat ironed since our first meeting back in December. Rosemary shouldn't be used by people with certain medical conditions such as high blood pressure, pregnancy and epilepsy so read up on it if you decide to try it.
smile.gif

Oh, I almost forgot. I started using aloe vera juice as a scalp treatment a couple of weeks ago. Too soon to say what effect it has but it sure does feel great on my scalp.
up.gif

Back