I messed my hair up trying to be cheap...

LoveLiLi

I've been going to the Hair Cuttery to get trims and the last couple have been pretty good. They have a high turn over rate, so I get a new person each time.

I went today and they were reluctant to do my hair, so I left and went to a salon that I've checked out a couple of times. The stylist was sweet and personable, but my hair looks a bit choppy.

I'm exactly at apl after the trim, but I think I'm going to have it trimmed again so it will look 'perfect'.

Do you ladies know of any salons in the Rockville area that are good? I'm getting sick of the trial and error and I know I'll be above apl after my appt. @ Aveda this Wednesday. I really want to find a stylist that I can count on for good results each time.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Unfortunatly i don't know any salons in the area, but i really understand you, i have 4 years in Mexico, and i can't find a salon i love yet >_<

Hope you can find one ASAP

Ah..I am sorry they butchered your lovely locks KD....mmh....have you tried that one place on the Pike near that Crab shack...it is past the mall but before Safeway and Bottom Dollar(If you get to Shady Grove then you passed it). It is on the right side heading south on 355...

I don't know the name but I went there once when I was still relaxed....get at me on yahoo when you have time.

Ah..I am sorry they butchered your lovely locks KD....mmh....have you tried that one place on the Pike near that Crab shack...it is past the mall but before Safeway and Bottom Dollar(If you get to Shady Grove then you passed it). It is on the right side heading south on 355...

I don't know the name but I went there once when I was still relaxed....get at me on yahoo when you have time.

I haven't noticed it, but I'll look for it. Thanks!

I lived in MoCo a few years ago and there was a lady by Montgomery CC that cute my hair really well. I think she was at the College Plaza Shopping Center on 355. Google streets is acting up so I can't tell exactly. I think it's The Cutting Edge Hair Salon....same place I got my eyebrows threaded.

There are a lot of Indian women standing around and one or two hairstylist in the salon. I went in with freshly washed, dry hair, got it trimmed and left. That was when I rocked the angled bob and she really hooked me up. I got a lot of compliments on that cut.

I lived in MoCo a few years ago and there was a lady by Montgomery CC that cute my hair really well. I think she was at the College Plaza Shopping Center on 355. Google streets is acting up so I can't tell exactly. I think it's The Cutting Edge Hair Salon....same place I got my eyebrows threaded.

There are a lot of Indian women standing around and one or two hairstylist in the salon. I went in with freshly washed, dry hair, got it trimmed and left. That was when I rocked the angled bob and she really hooked me up. I got a lot of compliments on that cut.

Thanks, do you remember her name? I go to College Plaza here and there because there's an Indian grocery store that, of course, has henna, amla oil etc.

Thanks, do you remember her name? I go to College Plaza here and there because there's an Indian grocery store that, of course, has henna, amla oil etc.

No sorry. I remember that she wasn't black, but she did relaxers and stuff so she knew black hair. She might have been hispanic...

It's the place right next to the Indian grocery, in the back alley. If you stop by there and get a few business cards, PM me. Maybe I'll remember if I see the name. I swear hardly any women in there do hair though, so if there's a stylist there it's probably her. It's mainly an eyebrow and mehndi place from what I see. Now that I think of it, they may do henna hair treatments there too.

So sorry to hear that. Your pic looks lovely do you have any pics of the cut?

I didn't take any pics since there was only a slight change in length - it just looks choppy. I have layers and have only been to a few people who cut/trim layers just right, so my hair has a smooth, flowy appearance.

I'm hoping the stylist at Aveda will get it right without taking off too much.

Back