I MADE APL!!! Tons of pics!

The length is very nice and shows good progres. But what made my jaw drop was the health and overall texture of your hair. Amazing! Talk about smooth cuticles. Your hair looks like cornsilk. Each strand of your hair has the cuticle laid down flat and tight. Hair with cuticles that are flat and tight capture light and has the best shine. Also, tight flat cuticles hold in moisture and keep hair healthy.

Hence, you got that gorgeous shine and silky texture. Your hair is a great example of what great hair care can do. Very nice!

wow, your hair made a a complete turn around. and your not just APL, you look like you are a healthy APL. I love this kind of progress!!! keep up the good work!! You will make BSL very quick!!

Wow :shocked: your hair looks absolutely great! Congratulations, its grown soooo much and looks very healthy

Guuuurl! You did that! :drunk::drunk::drunk:

6 days till the wedding and you are INDEED weaveless! Git it gurl!

(and you betta post some pics of the event when you return from the "luna de miel", Chica)

I'd been trying to avoid Aphogee products--guess I was afraid of the protein, but I'm discovering that with the proper moisture follow-up, may hair really responds well to protein. Now I'm convinced...between you and MAMATO, I'm adding some GVP Joico products, and some Aphogee to my rotation.:yep:

Last edited:
that is some amazing progress!! your hair looks absolutely great!!
i'm so excited for your wedding pics...:grin:

Wonderful progress & whatever you are doing, your hair is in love!

Ref: your wedding day - So what style will you be doing for this beautiful & healthy head of hair?

Thanks ladies! My regimen... I keep my hair in a bun daily and only use direct heat for length checks or special occasions. I wash my hair once a week with aphogee or joico k-pak shampoo. I use the aphogee 2 min reconstructor once a week. I then deep condition with a mix of joico k-pak conditioner and lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol. I moisturize daily with HE LTR and seal with EVOO. I airdry in a bun. I also use the aphogee green tea spray and the provitamin leave in. When I flat iron I use chi silk infusion and iron guard.

That is great progress in such a short period of time! Your next goal of BSL is waiting on you!

**How are you going to wear your hair for our wedding?

BB

Wonderful progress & whatever you are doing, your hair is in love!

Ref: your wedding day - So what style will you be doing for this beautiful & healthy head of hair?

I will definitely post wedding pics! I'm still deciding on the hairstyle. I'm thinking of wearing it down with big curls or some kind of curly updo. It's a tough decision. I took bridal portraits a couple of weeks ago and had tight curls but I don't want to wear it like that. I'm open to suggestions!

This is how I wore it for the portraits... but everyone said it was "cute". I don't want to be cute on my wedding day, lol!

DSC_0101.jpg

Congratulations!

Is this the longest your hair has ever been?
How did it feel to make one of your goals?
How are your friends and fam reacting?

Congratulations!

Is this the longest your hair has ever been?
How did it feel to make one of your goals?
How are your friends and fam reacting?

This is BY FAR the longest my hair has ever been... EVER! I am so proud of myself for sticking to my regimen and showing others that black hair can grow. Everyone is asking.... "what you been using in your hair?", lol!

The length is very nice and shows good progres. But what made my jaw drop was the health and overall texture of your hair. Amazing! Talk about smooth cuticles. Your hair looks like cornsilk. Each strand of your hair has the cuticle laid down flat and tight. Hair with cuticles that are flat and tight capture light and has the best shine. Also, tight flat cuticles hold in moisture and keep hair healthy.

Hence, you got that gorgeous shine and silky texture. Your hair is a great example of what great hair care can do. Very nice!

How do you get the cuticles smooth, tight and flat? Is this similar to what castor oil does to my hair? My hair is usually pretty supple and smooth after applying it.

Back