28wk Stretch is OVER!!! Hair Update (Pics Inside)

Girl work it out with that shortcut! But don't knock your growth, look at March 09 and April '10 side by side..the difference in thickness and shine/health is crazy! and u know IRL people consider you havin long hair now..and you do! We set the bar for "long hair" really high on this board..Congrats girl! and u cant tell me that hair aint swangin!

Congrats!! Your hair looks great!! Come on with your Reggie now? Lol!

im revamping my regi because i feel like I'm not getting the results i need.
what i plan to do now is:

• Co-wash on Wednesday and Saturday with VO5 MM or Clarifying Condish
  • On Friday nights pre-poo with Amla Oil and coconut oil overnight
  • Saturday: rinse pre-poo and dc with any dc i have...(I'm a proud pj-er :lachen:) and then co-wash again
  • Shampoo once a month with a Moisturizing poo
  • bun during the week and wear out on Sundays for church.
  • moisturize with S-Curl and seal with Dabur Vatika Olive Enriched Hair Oil, Castor Oil and Peppermint Oil (like this...click here)

My regi used to be:
Weave for 6 weeks and then take a break for 2 weeks.
Relax every 16+ weeks

Weekly Regi while in/or out of my weave:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Apply MT/OCT/Castor and Coconut Oil Mix to scalp
Tuesday’s and Thursday’s: Apply MN/Castor Oil/Peppermint oil Mix or apply Aloe Gel to scalp (depending on mood) then spray Glycerin/Rosewater/Vitka Oil/Pure Aloe Juice Mix as a moisturizer (if needed)
Friday (night):
1. Pre-poo night before wash day on dry hair with Amla oil (applied to hair and scalp). I then place a plastic bag on my head along with a wool winter hat (black) and leave oils in my hair overnight
Saturday:
1. Rinse Amla then wash with a moisturizing shampoo (i switch up all the time...lol)
2. DC with (ORS Hair Mayo, EVOO and honey):
•I warm this up in the microwave for 30 secs
•Apply to hair (I make sure my hair is saturated with my DC mix
•Place my “Thermal Spa Heat Conditioning Cap” over a plastic bag
•Leave in for 30-45 mins
3. Rinse with cold water then run hair under iced cold water for 20 seconds
4. Co wash with V05 Moisture Milks (once a month i clarify with Suave Clarifying POO)
5. Apply pure coconut oil, spray moisturizer mix and style.

Congrats, excellent job!!!:grin: Your hair looks great!:yep: I:heart2:the short cut as well.

i loved that cut for 2 reasons
1. After ending a 4 year relationship that was going no where...i cut my hair off and it felt sooo good
2. I killed that cut!!! you couldn't tell me nothing that summer :lachen:
l_117fad23a181328f81f243d38c0da768.jpg

BK, STAND UP! Girl, this cut was fiyah! Something about a fierce cut could have you killing 'em! Now it looks so VERY healthy from root to ends.

Great progress!! You give hope to a fellow slow grower...

Love your cut too! I checked out your blog, and u mentioned your stylist... Follicles? :yep: T sure knows how to cut some hair.

Looking good!!! I've just realized that I'm growing on the slow end of the spectrum, so this is really inspiring!! Keep it up!!!

Wow!!! Looking good! I am a "slow" grower too...so this is truly motivating! Thanks for sharing...

Good progress. I'm a slow grower as well. Nice comparison pics....you can see the difference really well.

Slow grower checking in!

Great progress! you inspire me!

Yup- slow growers unite. Your hair looks amazing girl. Congrats on that stretch, it paid off.

looks great that is a serious reggi I am a slow grower too

awww thanks! I'm really tough on myself when it comes to my goals. I'm glad i'm inspiring you all :yep:

Girl work it out with that shortcut! But don't knock your growth, look at March 09 and April '10 side by side..the difference in thickness and shine/health is crazy! and u know IRL people consider you havin long hair now..and you do! We set the bar for "long hair" really high on this board..Congrats girl! and u cant tell me that hair aint swangin!
you know what...that's so true! i never looked at it that way. thanks girl

Congrats on your progress! Your hair is so much thicker..I can't wait until the end of my stretch

how long are you stretching?

Great progress!! You give hope to a fellow slow grower...

Love your cut too! I checked out your blog, and u mentioned your stylist... Follicles? :yep: T sure knows how to cut some hair.

Tangela is da bizzness! She's my stylist for life! I told her...see you in august...lol. I love stretching...i'm actually addicted to stretching:rolleyes:

I LOVE YOU GIRLS! THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. I was upset that I hadn't reach APL goal in March but you all let me know that it's not about the length but the health that counts.

:bighug:

Your hair looks really healthy. Your short cut makes me want to cut my hair off! Its hot!

I think your hair looks gorgeous and healthy! You've totally changed the texture and it looks softer, more managable. Slow grower my butt!! You retention is fantastic and I look forward to seeing you reach your goal!

Back