I LOVE HENNA!!

detroitdiva

First, I have to start out by saying, I absolutely luv this forum! As a new member, I am so thankful for all of the hair knowledge that this site has provided me! The ladies on this forum are the most informative, sweet, and inspirational hair gurus around!

Now that I've gotten that out, I am in love with henna. I have type 4b/c hair. Its thick, and can be extremely dry. I took the advice of some of the ladies here and decided to try henna. So I followed the directions on the box and added some of my own essential oils. It was very messy, prob because it was my first time. I kept it on for four hours with a plastic shopping bag, plastic cap, and a towel over it. I rinsed the henna and followed up with a co-wash. My hair felt like butter! It was so freakkin soft! I thought I was imagining it until I looked in the mirror and saw the prettiest shine my hair has ever had. I am addicted. I'm not sure on how often I am going to do this. Some ladies do it once a month or every six weeks. Maybe someone with 4b/c hair could recommend a routine for me.

I am very impressed with the ladies here on LHCF and I just want to thank all of you for turning me into a more informed (and obsessed, LOL) natural hair wearer. Thank you!

My bad ladies about the pics. I'm still kinda new to this stiff...lol! I've attached some pictures.

I just followed the directions. I sifted the henna into a large bowl and added a couple of drops of rosemary oil, basil oil, and avocado oil along with warm water. I let it sit overnight and at about 2 started to apply the henna. Since my hair is still short, I poured the solution over my head and massaged it through. I rung some of it out and tied it up. I washed the henna out around 6:30 and styled as normal.

PS. The tongue pic was for my husband. LMAO! I wanted him to see how it turned out.

Attachments

• frohawk.jpg
    frohawk.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 79
  • frohawk2.jpg
    frohawk2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 73
  • frohawk3.jpg
    frohawk3.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Dang! Dang! Dang! My inner PJ junkie came out last week & my produts arrived today! I bought some dark brown Rajasthani Henna powder, Hesh Shikakai powder, Hesh Alma Powder, Hesh Brahmi Powder, Dabur Alma Oil, Dabur Coconut oil, & Tee tree Oil.
:lachen: so what am I suppose to do now?:ohwell: I want to cover my gray, increase strength, and thickness if possible. Any advice?

I used the dark brown Rajasthani Henna powder and I mixed it with water, let it set overnight, and applied it to my hair the next morning.

It was the devil to get out! My hair felt hard and the only thing that helped (I tried some V05 conditioner first)
was my WEN . I finger parted my hair and applied ~10-20 pumps/section. I was then able to comb (using my shower comb), rinsed and repeated. I then put some WEN re-moist and WEN tea tree oil on and deep conditioned for 1 hour with heat. I got side tracked so walked around 2 more hours before I rinsed it out.

I wasn't sure I had got all the Henna out so I washed again with WEN, conditioned with the re-moist, and used the WEN and oil as a leave in. My hair is so soft my gray hairs are covered! I think I like this but it is a LOT!!! of work.

I have not tried henna yet, but this is the next thing I am interested in learning more about. It seems a lot of ladies got good results with it. That's great that it worked for you :)

Oh, I forgot to tell you the stupid thing I did! I wore gloves putting the henna on but I didn't put on gloves to rinse the henna out... so my nails have a little yellow tinge to them :perplexed. As soon as I find my file I will see if I can buff the color away. I will know better next time.

Back