Henna, Pics and February Updates

Thanks so much Ladies :)

That's pretty!
I didn't realize you relaxed b/c your new growth is so wavy and quite long! Have you ever been fully natural?

The wavy hair is unrelaxed I haven't relaxed for 34 weeks.

I have been natural several times, before really even caring or doing much with LHCF. I just went Lauren Hill with the Maxell Hair Styles and loved it after a certain point it was Like I am bored now, Next!!!

I am a Former Hair stylist so you can imagine COLOR COLOR, Style style, Fickle and nothing stays the same for long. LOL

@JJamiah

:heart:

Girl...Your Results are beautiful!:up:

My only 'tip' is to wash the Henna & Indigo out with Conditioner and then DC afterwards like nobody's business. I start on freshly moisturized co-washed hair.:yep:

I always use Body Art Quality Henna (for African American & Chemically Treated Hair). No dryness/dullness or stiffness:nono:

Lawd... Your Hair is Drool worthy. I wish I could snatch my Wig off and reveal all that!:lol:

Amazing!:love: :love: :love:

HUH DD I would give some to you. I snipped some today, I washed it again today and wasn't due til Thursday.

I get to WL every time get frustrated and just hate it.

I am so sad right now. I am dealing with tangles, not that my hair isn't detangled. It's not wet it's dry and if I comb in one direction and flip it catches like Thread that is too long. :cry3:

Just in a sad mood, sitting with a DC right now

@jjamiah
thanks for the tips about henna and moisture. I cut most of my hair off in Sept. due to extreme straw-like dryness from henna/indigo ( I wanted to start over).
After looking at the chemicals in conventional AND so called natural hair dyes, I probably will henna again but follow your routine instead.

@jjamiah
thanks for the tips about henna and moisture. I cut most of my hair off in Sept. due to extreme straw-like dryness from henna/indigo ( I wanted to start over).
After looking at the chemicals in conventional AND so called natural hair dyes, I probably will henna again but follow your routine instead.

Thanks so much Everyone :grouphug: :grouphug2:

@dyh080

I just wanted to add. Dayb before yesterday my hair was feeling like it had major build up the slightest combing felt like I was tugging. I knew the indigo had not completely come off. Even though I rinsed and co-washed a long time.

I was ready to CUT my hair for real I had it. it was painful just to comb and dry.

I washed with WEN, Melted my hair, let it sit for 10 minutes (did this twice) then I put on Wen Re-Moist Treatment for 15 hours (slept in it), then I put in Alter Ego for 3-4 hours *took a nap here) LOL when I rinsed that out I put PC in for about 1 minute rinsed and styled as usual. MY HAIR was finally back to normal.

I wish I could have been there before you chopped but atleast next time hopefully will be better.

I added moisturizing Conditioner to my Henna and 2 top full of Amla Oil, sugar and it helped with the softness of the Henna.

I did get the Salt, Amla Powder tip for the Indigo to help it not leave any build up on my hair. I am also going to apply it to dry hair as directed by Mehandi.com.

Please go there and download their free Henna/Indigo Guide and tweek it as you see fit. Good luck.

Thanks so much Everyone :grouphug: :grouphug2:

@dyh080

I just wanted to add. Dayb before yesterday my hair was feeling like it had major build up the slightest combing felt like I was tugging. I knew the indigo had not completely come off. Even though I rinsed and co-washed a long time.

I was ready to CUT my hair for real I had it. it was painful just to comb and dry.

I washed with WEN, Melted my hair, let it sit for 10 minutes (did this twice) then I put on Wen Re-Moist Treatment for 15 hours (slept in it), then I put in Alter Ego for 3-4 hours *took a nap here) LOL when I rinsed that out I put PC in for about 1 minute rinsed and styled as usual. MY HAIR was finally back to normal.

I wish I could have been there before you chopped but atleast next time hopefully will be better.

I added moisturizing Conditioner to my Henna and 2 top full of Amla Oil, sugar and it helped with the softness of the Henna.

I did get the Salt, Amla Powder tip for the Indigo to help it not leave any build up on my hair. I am also going to apply it to dry hair as directed by Mehandi.com.

Please go there and download their free Henna/Indigo Guide and tweek it as you see fit. Good luck.

Wow, that's a lot of moisturizing but probably what I needed. Thanks!

Back