I henna'd my hair for the first

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
time on Monday. Once I washed the henna out of my hair, i could tell the difference in texture, it was really spongy and soft, but my hair was REALLY dry. I then put the indigo in my hair so that I could get the blue-black look. My hair is moisturized but dry.

water, some lemon juice, qhemets honey stuff, and hello hydration shampoo/conditior

Did you deep condition? if not you may want to try that or baggy slightly damp with EVOO overnight?

i did not have a chance to, it was like one in the morning, imma do it sat

this is right after, i henna'd you can not really see the color b/c of the light
44599617710_0_ALB.jpg

38900717710_0_B.jpg

this is the next day
98900717710_0_B.jpg

100_0029.jpg

Wow! ur hair has grown alot. ur pics are a good comparison of length in 1 month time.

back to henna... It looks darker to me

Did you get a change in texture other than dryness?

i know my hair has grown i am sooooo happy, i can not wait till i can at least put it in a pony.

the texture is a lot more springy, spongy, i got some alma and cassia, imma try that next weekend

Wow, your hair looks great and it has grown a great deal.
I henna'ed for the second time this past weekend and I also notice dryness. I knew to expect it from some of the other ladies post though. So I was waiting with my coconut oil to combat it :lol:

thanks,

I did not have a lot of the product, bc i really decided at the last min to henna my hair and it was late at night. The next time i henna imma have my stuff ready. But i don't think i am going to henna for about another month, b/c it is a process and a long one at that

I think there's something I don't understand. This is a probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between hydrating and moisturizing? I thought it was the same thing !!! :confused:

Can one's hair be dry and moistured at the same time?:perplexed

(I don't have my dictionnary right now)

Last edited:
Amylee said:
I think there's something I don't understand. This is a probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between hydrating and moisturizing? I thought it was the same thing !!! :confused:

Can one's hair be dry and moistured at the same time?:perplexed

(I don't have my dictionnary right now)

Not in my opinion. But maybe the OP can come back and explain her perspective.

I think there's a difference in being conditioned and being moisturized.

I've had products make my hair soff but dry. (don't like that).

But I don't see how it can be moist and dry. It can't be.

Anyway -- all you henna tryers are braver than me! Iv'e been talking about trying it since the summer and I'm a chicken. The last thing that struck fear was a poster saying she couldn't relax straight afterward (and I don't like texlaxing) and now all this dryness.

I"m going to stick with Robert Craig hair color (it's similar to Bigen but better in my opinion -- and not damaging).

If I were you I would not use the lemon juice. Add some oil in there. When i use EVOO, I can tell a difference in the way my hair feels.

Also, since using a cup of plain yogurt, my hair NEVER comes out dry. I never use a conditioner in the mixture, though.

Synthia said:
Anyway -- all you henna tryers are braver than me! Iv'e been talking about trying it since the summer and I'm a chicken. The last thing that struck fear was a poster saying she couldn't relax straight afterward (and I don't like texlaxing) and now all this dryness.

girrrl you and me both :perplexed

Michiko said:
thanks,

I did not have a lot of the product, bc i really decided at the last min to henna my hair and it was late at night. The next time i henna imma have my stuff ready. But i don't think i am going to henna for about another month, b/c it is a process and a long one at that

You are the the only one that has complained about using lemon juice in their henna mix and it made their hair dry. Do you remember the ingredients you used in your mix and how much of the ingredients did you use. ?

Synthia said:
Not in my opinion. But maybe the OP can come back and explain her perspective.

I think there's a difference in being conditioned and being moisturized.

I've had products make my hair soff but dry. (don't like that).

But I don't see how it can be moist and dry. It can't be.

I"m going to stick with Robert Craig hair color (it's similar to Bigen but better in my opinion -- and not damaging).

My hair is never dry afterwards. but, I think it is what you mix it with and the quality of the powder you use. I never get color change because I don't want henna red, burgundy or whatever. My mixture is mostly cassia and just a little henna so I never get color change.

Blacktresses said:
You are the the only one that has complained about using lemon juice in their henna mix and it made their hair dry. Do you remember the ingredients you used in your mix and how much of the ingredients did you use. ?
it wasn't that much, i know less than 2 tbsp and then maybe about 2/3 c of conditioner and maybe about 1 or 2 tsp of alma honey

Guyaneek said:
Wow, your hair looks great and it has grown a great deal.
I henna'ed for the second time this past weekend and I also notice dryness. I knew to expect it from some of the other ladies post though. So I was waiting with my coconut oil to combat it :lol:

Same here. I was hoping to do a (Silk Elements) Mega Cholestoral treatment immediately after rinsing mine out, but didn't have the time. My hair's a little dry, but not too bad.

HELP!!SOS!!!HELP!!

I just henna'ed my hair. First off, I have many greys right in the front of my head. They are now orange! I mixed Jamila henna with black coffee and let stand overnight. I added olive oil and other essential oils and ACV. I then mixed indigo and amla with warm water and let stand 20 min. I then mixed the two together.
What did I do wrong? How can I make my hair a dark brown? I have tried to use the recipes on your board and thought that's what I was doing! I didn't use any precise measurements - most of it was henna. Can u tell me what I can do going forward to make my hair, including the greys, dark brown? Thank you in advance!

Thanks, Kinchen, that's the first place I went! I actually got my recipe from there. I am still searching on that website and hoping some more ladies have pity on me and give me some advice!:grin:

Ladies,

Thank you so much for your input! I e-mailed Catherine and she gave me a recipe - you'll be glad to know that I have no more orange hair! My hair is now dark brown:)

mahogany814 said:
Ladies,

Thank you so much for your input! I e-mailed Catherine and she gave me a recipe - you'll be glad to know that I have no more orange hair! My hair is now dark brown:)

That's great! What was the recipie? Please share. :)

My hair was dry the first time. I removed ACV from my recipe and it has been moisturized and beautiful ever since. I do hate that I didn't know about the henna affecting the relaxer. I realized that was the issue after I went back to my old relaxer and it didn't straighten like it normally does. From now on I will henna once a few days after I relax my hair and thats it. That way, my new growth will not have the henna on it when its time for my next relaxer and it should straighten correctly.

Back