I have updated my pics !!!

Hi everyone, thank you for the beautiful and lovely compliments. They truly make me feel so good especially if i having a bad day. You guys are going to kill me i am still working on a routine because i am away at school. For now i condition wash twice a week with Pantene Smooth and Sleek or R/N with mixture of EVOO. When i shampoo i literaty use a dime size so my ends will not get dry. I dust as needed. That could range from every month to three depending on the level of breakage. My ends are really sensitive. When I finish washing i put my hair in ponytail loose, and i twist into a bun. Sometimes i wear my bangs out depending on the day, but usually i keep my hair back. What has kept my hair growing is cutting back on heat I straighten my hair every 3 to 5 months. I straigthened slightly early because i was sick my curly hair, but this will be the last time this year i will straighten my hair. It was my fourth and final time. I flat iron once a year, because many times my hair looks no different when i flat iron because it so thick. Also I clarify around once a month with baking soda. In additon, I wrap my bun every night with my silk scarf. I do not leave without it. Also if it is a bright sunny day , I wear my silk scarf most of the time too. It can be a little less stylist but the sun damages my hair badly so i have to protect it. I have a lot of breakage problems. They were very mininal before i had to go college, but overall i have had a lot setbacks and breakage but i either try something different or dust. It is hard to tell ends damage because of the thickness. If my hair breaks i dust by the time i straighten it turn out ok. Furthermore, when I straighten I use lustrasilk moisture max. It works great and its cheap. Usually i would not use it since it contains mineral oil and petroleum, but i use a very miminal and it works great and it gives my hair shine while blow drying. Even though my hair is thick, my hair really only takes about 10-15 mins to blow dry. I divide my hair in four sections. First i use wide tooth comb and dry with the blow drier nozzle to detangle, but then i finish with and attachment comb on my blow drier. This really smoothes out and straightens my hair. My hair has always been thick during a blow out. My stylist usually can flat it better. I am still practicing. I hope i answered everyones questions. Thank you again ladies.

you are my new inspiration. your hair is beautiful.
smile.gif

Good gracious girl!!! You have such gorgeous hair!! What's the time laps between your first picture and the last ones with the blowout?

Thanks for the response Steph. What products do you use on a daily basis?

I have problems with sun damage too
frown.gif
I need to find a good (and cheap)leave-in with UV protection

[ QUOTE ]
CoCoChantel said:
Good gracious girl!!! You have such gorgeous hair!! What's the time laps between your first picture and the last ones with the blowout?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi CoCo Chanel. The first picture i took were
Sept 20th. I hope that answers your questions. Thank you again for your wonderful words.

Wow ... your hair looks great. Would love to see your regimen just for fun and of out of curiosity...
clap.gif

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

I know u must be tired of hairing this *smile* but u have a great head of hair!!! WOW!!!!

On a side note: My hair fries in the sun when it is extremely hot. I hope to find a good product for next summer without always having to use a scarf.

You are a wonderful inspiration Steph! Thank u for sharing your pictures and your regime!!

[ QUOTE ]
shelli4018 said:
Good...Lord! What the...? I clicked on the link and saw an explosion of hair! Beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]
DITTO!! I was like WHOOAA!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I like all the others am in total shock!!!! Your hair is boo-ti-FULL!!! Have you always had really long hair? Have you always been natural?

TIA
ms_kenesha
smile.gif

wow steph
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
your hair is like woah!!! keep up the good work! I can't wait until my hair gets anywhere near your length
laugh.gif
WOW!

YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I WAS SITTING AT MY COMPUTER LIKE
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

and um...forgive me for shouting, I am just excited!!
laugh.gif

I LOVE your hair!! Keep the pics coming!!!

I also sat at my computer and went
shocked.gif
You have a great head of hair, wow, keep updating the album. Your wavy hair looks great too, if I had waves that shiny I wouldn't care if my hair reverted one minute after straightening it
laugh.gif
Keep up the good work. :-)

Thank you guys again!!!! This response is wonderful and overwhelming. I am shocked and surprise. Responses and reactions your ladies give me make me feel so good and encourage to keep me going. To answer any unleft questions. I have been natural my entire life. I used to get my hair pressed all the time. Before this board I did not embrace my shrinkage, waves, curls, or frizz. I would run far away from them as possibe. I will post some more pictures of when my hair is completely dry in its natural state. My hair shrinks to the neck line approaching shoulder length. I rarely where my hair in this state because it dries so fast, and it is impossible to manage because my curl is extremely tight even with a good leave in conditioner. However, I do want to wear my hair down soon in the curly state. In addition to hair routine questions, I forgot to say that i am still working on a leave in. My hair is really fine, so sometimes a leave in will dry out of even break off my hair at the ends. If too much conditioner is concentrated at the ends of my hair,the same result will happen. I just had to say thank you again. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your warmth and love. Most importantly to all of the ladies, do not give up, this has been a new and exciting hair journey for over a year with a lot of trials and messes. There were days i wanted to cut off all my hair!! When I used to go to my stylist, my hair would go to maybe reach two inches above bra strap, but it would be damaged so bad it would always be cut to shoulder length and it would stay there. I got frustrated one day and started doing it myself. It has been a year since i started doing my own hair. It has not always been smooth, but worth it. I have been dreaming achieving of waist healthy length hair since i was 12 and I did not think that was possible. I used to believe that my hair would not grow anymore past a certain length. But now I think it finally going happen. Ladies my hair has never been this long or healthy, so I will have to thank every member and their contributions. I started with around 12-13 inches around collarbone hair completely pressed and straighten last august after a big trim and a little over a year I am approaching waistlength with just a blowout and no press. So ladies just keep being patience, and the hairgrowth will come!! Thank you again, and if anyone else has any questions, just send me a pm.

Your hair is absolutely amazing!!!
shocked.gif

It reminds me of that line of Totally Hair Barbie Dolls (remember those?)

What an inspiration. For those of us who are wishy washy about transistioning...it's good to see natural sistahs perservere. Looks like natural hair is well worth the effort. But dang its hard to say no to touch ups! It's like, as soon as you see a nap you want to beat it into submission. We need to see role models like you Steph. You're one of many beautiful natural women on here who make me wanna try.

Back