I have a hair confession to make....

I've learned so much about my hair after each setback that I am 90% sure that I have a solid regimen down to a "t". But if it wasn't for those setbacks, how would I ever know what was the right regimen for me? It's like an entrepreneur who fails at his first business. Someone who is determined to have a successful business one day will examine the errors of his last business venture and do better in the future. He may have to start several companies before he gets it right, but he never stops trying. You just have to continue to reflect upon your past errors and don't give up!

It's okay if it takes you a little bit longer to get a solid routine down. Like Nonie said, it isn't a race, it a "journey," and it isn't called a "hair journey" for nothing.

I know how you feel I feel the same way. I am a painfully slow grower. I started my journey in 07 and now I am barely 9 inches. What I have discover is I an not a slow grower I am a fast breaker. my ends will snap off at will.

The only thing that has been working for me is psing 24/7 never wearing my hair out and keeping it moisturize.

I am beginning to see progress but I am still miles away from APL at least it feels that way.

look we got stuck with the hair we got all we can do is qork with it. and not compete or compare our progress to anyone else on the board because let's face for slow growers like us that can be depressing

I know how you feel I feel the same way. I am a painfully slow grower. I started my journey in 07 and now I am barely 9 inches. What I have discover is I an not a slow grower I am a fast breaker. my ends will snap off at will.

The only thing that has been working for me is psing 24/7 never wearing my hair out and keeping it moisturize.

I am beginning to see progress but I am still miles away from APL at least it feels that way.

look we got stuck with the hair we got all we can do is work with it. and not compete or compare our progress to anyone else on the board because let's face for slow growers like us that can be depressing

I know it's not the same but I have an idea how you feel. Growing up my mum used to take care of my hair. It was natural and thick and long and everyone always oohed and aahed at it and I was known as 'the girl with the long hair'. Well, when I started caring for it myself everything went downhill and this is now my second BC and I am now an egg head, starting afresh with LHCF techniques. All I can say is don't look at everyone else - just do your own thing.

This is exactly how it was when I was little, then last year I chopped off a lot of my hair.needless to say a lot of people were surprised!

Op- this is a great thread! i didn't realize that so many people felt this way too. this brings to mind the quote that says something along the lines of "by letting our light shine we liberate others to do the same" You may have just saved another head! thank you for your honesty and willingness to be vulnerable in front of others.

Back