i have a confession....

To OP, if your hair is not coming out straight, perhaps your relaxer is not right for you. Your hair may look good now, but if it catches up to you I think it's gonna be painful. If your hair is not thriving I would stop doing it.

LHCF is not just about looking good but long term results. :yep:

I confess that I'll spend two/three hours on braiding or twisting my hair only to take them out 10 minutes later to go and wash my hair again and end up with a Wash n Go.

I'm soo confused by the OP please post a pic so we can really see what your hair looks like..my sister had this done to her hair once by the dominicans and she is still paying for it!

BE CAREFUL!! my hair got sooooooo damaged from this....please please be careful!!!

I have pics for proof too!!
Same here..I flat ironed my weave leave out every other day for about 3 weeks and now I have about 2 inches worth or hair on my crown :nono:

I confess of using heat every other day on my leave out part of my weave so it would lay better.

I hope this is just a regular confession thread if not sorry for hijacking this thread.
Stop while you still can! I had a straight weave in the winter I had a horseshoe leave out in front and I got a little to happy with the flat iron. I was transitioning but back then but I planned on wearing my natural hair straight most of the time. Now I just wanna wear my hair curly and avoid heat but I have a heat damaged section of leaveout in the front now that will not curl (and I have babied it no amount of DC' in, protein treatment etc.. has made any difference) so I will have to get it cut off.

pre lhcf:
i used to put the relaxer on all of my hair from root to tip, comb it through and leave it til it burnt, once i did this on two consecutive days (in high school). the first day my mom did it, then the next day it was homecoming dance and i went to my friend's house and she told me my hair was not straight enough so she proceeded to relax my hair again....smh (used to have sl hair in high school and part of college)
i almost never washed my hair

i raked the comb through my hair

i used grease and only grease

never used conditioner

Attachments

• lhcf.jpg
    lhcf.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 35
I confess to spending hours on a hairstyle only for it to come out horrible and I end up throwing on a bandana with a bun. @OP: I am dying to see your hair. You say it isn't damage but just because it doesn't look or feel damaged doesn't mean it isn't. :p

Oh my, do you mind sharing how you did your flexi rod set?

No prob. This was an answer to someone else that asked about my Flexirod set (it is on my visitor message page in case you misplace this)

Thks, I :love: flexirods. They are so easy to upkeep when I exercise and my mostly shoulder length my hair out doesnt get affected this style (no hair touches my shoulder).

To answer your ?: When I want curlier I use 4-6(very small yellow ones) in the front and 6-8 (orange or grey 1/2 inch ) rods in the back and 2 small satin covered sponge rollers at the very nape (I make a part from oneside to the other from about the midpt. of my ears. Less curly: the back will have the same amount of rods/satin, the front I will use 2 satin rollers in a wide bang area ( for swoop bangs that I can pull behind my ears. I will use 2 small (Yellow.) rods or the 2 orange or grey (one eithier side near my ears). I only apply to moisturized dry hair, on wet hair it takes to long to dry. They take about 5-10 min to put in.

Look at Fgrogans YT page for how she applies her flexirods, we put ours in exactly the same way.

I used to relax every 3 wks when I rocked a short/medium pixie cut. About every other month I'd relax the NG first and by the time I finished the NG I'd take it all the way to the ends. Uggh!

My hair was full and shiny but that's bcuz it was always new hair bcuz of the short cut. So the hair didn't have time to show damage or get old.

I've been on LHCF for 17 months and those last damaged ends are hanging around as a result of that. I just keep mending them with cones till they die.

My advice: Stop doing that. It'll catch up to you.

I wonder how old you are because as a child, my mom would do this to me every 4 weeks. Funny thing is that my hair was so long and thick. It didn't look like it was damaged.:nono: Now that I'm in my late 30s, even a proper relaxer "won't take." I am so tempted to try this method, but I am afraid to. I want hair long enough to bun so I can use that style to transition.

pre lhcf:
i used to put the relaxer on all of my hair from root to tip, comb it through and leave it til it burnt, once i did this on two consecutive days (in high school). the first day my mom did it, then the next day it was homecoming dance and i went to my friend's house and she told me my hair was not straight enough so she proceeded to relax my hair again....smh (used to have sl hair in high school and part of college)
i almost never washed my hair

i raked the comb through my hair

i used grease and only grease

never used conditioner

Why were we convinced to relax out hair till it burned? I used to frequent both Dominican and black hairdressers who both kept asking "Is it burning, is it burning?" Should it? Is that the point where u stop ? When its burning?! Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.. :wallbash:

I confess that I am a scaredy cat.....I'm scared of flat irons and blow dryers...and grease...and hair elastics...and pulling my hair back...and brushes.......trying to make peace with bobby pins.........:perplexed

hi :wave: I have been reading the boards and have a confession to make. When i perm my hair i pull it all the way through to the ends and overlap my perms :yep:. I know its bad but my hair has not suffered one bit. I even had my hair sylist doing it to :blush:. Thats it feels good to get that off my chest

Not yet....

Last edited:
I used to allow my hairdresser to relax already processed hair. I only relaxed my hair once a year sometimes I'd leave it longer.

My hair is so coarse and resistant that that I would let my hairdress leave the relaxer in my hair for an hour

Sometimes I go to bed without wrapping my hair. I wake up with it wild and scrape it back in to a pony tail :look:

I confess: Yesterday I shampooed my hair with my regular shampoo, but it still felt 'dirty' afterward. I had used all of the shampoo, but I couldn't stop washing my hair until it squeaked. :look:

Sooo, I used some Softsoap hand wash on my hair until I got that squeaky sound. I deep conditioned and went about my usual process. :ohwell:

My confession is that I haven't washed my hair in 3 weeks. :sekret: I have a Sewin and I'm afraid that I might mess up the weave if I try to wash it. This is the longest I've been without water on my scalp :cry:

I used to do that before this board too. Do you think your hair is thin? My hair was thin and woolly before and I just thought it was my texture because it was still soft and shiny but it was damage. I had no idea how my real texture felt or what healthy was, I hope you are right tho and there is no damage but those chemicals can eat thru metal so that would be a miracle.

I'm sorry, but the concentration of chemicals in a relaxer is not going to eat through metal. If you're thinking of Chris Rock's demonstration, that was propaganda. You can pick any chemical around your house and demonize it, but the truth is that it's actually diluted to a low concentration and if used properly, it's harmless.

....back on topic....OP, I did this for many years....I would NOT do it now, but my hair still grew long. This may be why I suffered some breakage. However, it's not as harmful as it's hyped up to be on LHCF....that's why I don't worry myself to death about overlapping.

Back