I hate Winter Hair!!!! Any solutions??

RabiaElaine

Hi Ladies,

I hate the winter and what it does to my hair. At the beginning of this winter I wore a pashmina scarf (trying to be cute :) ). Well that dried out my hair in the back and caused it to break. It's starting to come back now that I'm wearing a silk scarf and a satin lined hat.

However there is this one patch at back of my hair (from about the middle of my earlobe down) kind of in the middle of the back section of my hair, that is breaking and shorter than the rest of my hair. I can't understand since the rest of the back is fine or growing back.

Anyone have any solutions for dry winter hair blues?? I have fine 4 a/b hair, I don't know if that makes any difference.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

I never thought of a humidifier. The only problem with that is that I could only have it at home, and most of my day is spent at my office. When I'm at home my hair is generally wrapped.

In terms of conditioning, I always deep condition my hair under the hair dryer each time I was my hair.

I've been thinking about braiding my hair to put it away, I'm not sure how that would go over in corporate America.

RabiaElaine said:
I've been thinking about braiding my hair to put it away, I'm not sure how that would go over in corporate America.

I think you would do fine in CA with braids. I work in a law firm and I'm currently sporting micros. I wear them back in a neat bun or low pony tail. Then on the weekend I'm wild and free. But I digress, once you find out the culprit of your hair breakage (because you wouldn't want to put more strain on an already weak spot with braids), then you should be fine. Braids (for me) is a great way to beat the winter blues. You get style, moisture, and growth with very little maintenance. Good luck.

Ugh, I feel you! Mine gets really wiry and dry! My hair likes to act the plum fool in the winter so I cut down on styling. I usually shampoo & deep condition every week or two and keep it drenched with moisture! The entire time I deal with this mess I am counting down the days to spring! :)

Back