I got one of my lace fronts today!!

Is that the one from His and Hers? If so thats how mine looked when I first got it... The curls were pretty but a lil too pretty so it made it look fake. I flat ironed it to straighten in out a bit and then did touch up curls w/a curling iron. The color is pretty but I couldnt even think about going that light... Im brown so I would look crazy w/hair that light...

Is that the hisandher one? I will be getting mine tomorrow in 27/33d. That is what they recommended to me for Beyonce's hair color.

I think it looks good, but like you I will also flat iron mine and bump it with a curling iron.

Last edited:
EbonyF said:
Is that the hisandher one? I will be getting mine tomorrow but in 27/33d. That is what they recommended to me for Beyonce's hair color.

I think it looks good, but like you I will also flat iron mine and bump it with a curling iron.
yea thats the color i got 27/33d...

Carmen d the curls are a little overwhelming.....lol

aquarian....lol girl its not even glued i just threw it on and went snap snap...i will take pics close up when i get home this evening....

lol@Gullah

DangerouslyShy said:
yea thats the color i got 27/33d...
Cool. Now I'm wondering If it will be too "bright" on me also Hmmm. If so, I guess I'll put a semi over it to darken it some.

You look glamorous and the color is cute on you. I think it would look even cuter just a tiny bit darker, but it's hard to tell from the photo.

i like the wig/color you can curl it yourself to make it your own
i think it would look really good if you slightly lightened your brows
it would give a more natural look...........seriously thinking of ordering
must resist must resist

What gets glued where? Do you glue the lace to your forehead? Does the glue make you break out?

Signed Clueless but quite interested :D!

Edited to add: With that hair color you'll have to change your name from Dangerouslyshy to Marilyn Monroe :bdance: Work it girl!

Curious how the lace front works

Can you or someone explain

Do you have to take it off daily or can you wear it for a period of time?

How are you wearing your hair underneath?

Where did you get it?

PrincessAvaya said:
What gets glued where? Do you glue the lace to your forehead? Does the glue make you break out?

Signed Clueless but quite interested :D!

Edited to add: With that hair color you'll have to change your name from Dangerouslyshy to Marilyn Monroe :bdance: Work it girl!
lol you silly girl....

The lace in the front of it gets glued right infront of your hairline...It didnt make me break out surprisingly

msportugal I think i might do that do you know how? I never did my eyebrows before....

CurlyCrly yea the color is a little overwhelming to me...i think i just need to get used to it..

EbonyF if you do dye it be careful!! because if the dye gets on the lace its really hard to get out..sometimes you cant get it out...
I called his n hers because i wasnt sure if the color was right and they said I could exchange it...

DangerouslyShy said:
EbonyF if you do dye it be careful!! because if the dye gets on the lace its really hard to get out..sometimes you cant get it out...
Nods thanks for the heads up, but I've been reading a lot on the coloring issue. That is why I would only use a semi-perm or a rinse. And people who have gotten it on the lace have use a q-tip with bleach or peroxide if they get it on parts of the lace :)

syoulee1 said:
I think it looks great! I am very tempted to buy one myself.
Does anyone know where I can get a lace front with a tighter curl pattern.

Similar to the "Ciara" but cheaper.

http://www.myindianhair.com/Products.html
I just wanted to add that from another board that myindianhair.com is not recommended. That site has ripped off people so be careful if you or anyone else orders from this site. And it's sad because their stuff looks really nice.

I would change the color. It looks a little to "Euro" for my liking, but I think that could change if you dye it. The curls otherwise are pretty cute though, IMO.

YAY! Another member of the lace front clique!

I bought the "April" Lace Front from Hairpiece.com in 613 (platinum, undyed blonde) and permananently dyed it a Beyoncish shade successfully with no discoloration of the lace - it simply rinsed out. Some of you all may have seen my posts on BlackHairMedia forums under "TexturizedDiva."

EbonyF said:
I just wanted to add that from another board that myindianhair.com is not recommended. That site has ripped off people so be careful if you or anyone else orders from this site. And it's sad because their stuff looks really nice.

I AGREE!!! i thought swtcandy owned this site..

DShy,
I left a comment in your Fotki! I think it looks great on you! Personally, I like the color. If you choose to change it, don't go too much darker and keep some of the color that it is already! I think curls are sexy but I can see myself getting tired of them after a while! Can you get them back if you straighten it? Thanks for sharing!

DangerouslyShy said:
msportugal I think i might do that do you know how? I never did my eyebrows before.....

sally henson (the nail polish etc. people) has a kit not sure if it is for mustache or brows but it is a two step kit. you prep the eyebrows then you mix the bleaching agent and what i believe is peroxide. you let it sit it bubbles and things mine stung a bit but i have sensitive skin either way keep checking it or you will end up with blonde/orange brows like me LoL good thing they grew in quickly then i fill mine in with an auburn or brown pencil

Back