I got one of my lace fronts today!!

I really want to invest in a nice natural looking lace front wig. I've even convince my mother and her friend about lace front wigs, now they want one too! I know they are expensive, but I am willing to pay extra for quality.

Where do you get the custom fitted ones from?? Any of you ladies own one?

is that human or synthetic? It is a bit extreme to me but I do not know if you are wearing it everyday. The color is not flattering. you are cute. perhaps a light borwn but not that orange y color.
If you can smooth the curls it may not be so extreme but the color and the curls are too much for everyday.

I want a lace front but I think I will get the relaxed on that way I can curl and style it the way I want.

i went to the site. it is human, you can relax those curls! wrap it around your head like a doobie. pin it or scarf it for a while or sit under the dryer. you will be ok witht he curls. i just wish they had a picture of the straight one

msniq said:
The color is not flattering. you are cute. perhaps a light borwn but not that orange y color.
If you can smooth the curls it may not be so extreme but the color and the curls are too much for everyday.

I agree about the color. It's not so much the curls, it's the color. I don't know what look the original poster is going for, but a color change would greatly help to make it more realistic and natural looking.

She is cute. The wig takes away from her looks.

D.shy , girl, You got us all excited about these lace caps.
whatever you decide on the color and curls I am sure it will be the bomb diggity! It is so great to experiment.BTW , if you do stay with the light color I would go with the lighter brows. Jolen facial bleach is my favorite.

well the wig ended up being lighter than I thought....
a 33 is a dark auburn and 27 is a strawberry blonde I thought it would be darker....I dont even know if Im going to keep it...

aquarian hairsystemdesigns on ebay does custom lace fronts I ordered one from margaret I hope I recieve it within the next week or so....Ill post a review...

msportugal...lol im scared to do my eyebrows...i wish I knew someone that did them...

You know what....Im definately closing my fotki down....

Im tired of certain individuals coming in my album making comments that are uncalled for...

if you didnt like the color just say I dont think the color is for you go darker...

you dont have to say I look like a $4 dollar prostitute or call me names... really...come on now...grow up...

and everyone else Im sorry this is not intended for you...

Thanks.

DangerouslyShy said:
You know what....Im definately closing my fotki down...
Dang that's uncalled for. It would have to be someone from here and that's not right.

Personally I think the color looks cute on you, and I think if you straighten it some it would look really nice.

Geez @ comments.

I think it is cute. I know the color may not be what you normally wear but if you're looking for a change you might as well get that change with a lace front instead of your own hair. The only thing stopping me from getting one is that I cant decide what color to get.Whatever I do get it def. wont be 1b or 2.

brush that dirt off ya shoulder and delete the comment. hopefully we wont all be punished from viewing your new styles b/c of one person :)

yea im just cranky today I had to take my truck to the shop and it needs a whole new ABS system..and thats gonna run me 2 G's errrrrrr im heated...

lol i didnt close it just made it so fotki members can post comments..i figured out how to do it..

Cute curls Shy! :) I think it would look better a little darker, and I would love to see it straightened!

lkg4healthyhair said:
Curious how the lace front works

Can you or someone explain

Do you have to take it off daily or can you wear it for a period of time?

I take my unit off daily. You can use tape or glue to put in front of your hairline. The glue gives a much stronger hold so it stays on longer. I haven't been using the tape or glue recently.

How are you wearing your hair underneath?

Braided, twisted

Where did you get it?

I bought mine from Stef. I don't want to hijack Shy's thread so if anyone wants to see my unit, PM me.

DangerouslyShy said:
yea im just cranky today I had to take my truck to the shop and it needs a whole new ABS system..and thats gonna run me 2 G's errrrrrr im heated...

lol i didnt close it just made it so fotki members can post comments..i figured out how to do it..

cool! thats how i did i too. tired of all the haters *sigh*

Thanks Shy...her units range from $400-$475 I believe. Did you ever get her newsletter and FAQ sheet? I can forward to anyone interested because it contains more information than I can ever provide.

angellazette said:
Thanks Shy...her units range from $400-$475 I believe. Did you ever get her newsletter and FAQ sheet? I can forward to anyone interested because it contains more information than I can ever provide.
tahts a little too much for me..especially since they are the same wigs margaret has right? she just spices them up a little

DangerouslyShy said:
tahts a little too much for me..especially since they are the same wigs margaret has right? she just spices them up a little

I think she has a few suppliers. Best bet would be to contact her because I'm not sure.

I want one but I am just not sure on the color. I do not want it too light or too dark. My natural color is brown but I have natural highlights in fron that are lighter. I wish my whole head would get like that. ANyway......
I just would like to know aobut the glue. how does that work and the lace do you have to cut it back a lot.

I just watched ANTM and saw Serena with hers and it looked nice. So I will be going ove ther colors again to decide. Now are these color #'s universal?
Thanks ladies

I just looked at your pictures again and i like the curl view from the back. perhaps just blowing the front a bit to loosen them would make it more to your liking.
IF ther is anyone who has the relaxed one can you post a picture please?

msniq said:
I just looked at your pictures again and i like the curl view from the back. perhaps just blowing the front a bit to loosen them would make it more to your liking.
IF ther is anyone who has the relaxed one can you post a picture please?
the curls werent even permanent..which i was a little upset about....i tried dying it with some dye I had...but it was a medium strawberry blonde dye...so it didnt do much....the highlights just stand out a little more...i might put a rinse on it....

but when i rinsed the dye out...it was a light wave to the hair...bodywave style...

NOO girl these are not universal colors im about to show you a color swatch that is what i expected my hair to look like I will post the pic one moment...

I cut the lace as far back as i can so it looks real natural...

the darker color is a 33 and the 27 is obviously the color of the entire wig

I wasnt going for a total blonde look i just wanted an auburn base with blonde highlights....

I dont know where they got the idea that the wig they sent me was a 33/27

Attachments

• DSCF0416.JPG
    DSCF0416.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 15
did you call them to complain about the color. They shoudl give you a credit or something for your trouble. You could tell them about the site and all that there is a potential for several new customers you know work them into a gift certificate or something!

Back