I Got A Fotki!!!!!!

rafikichick92

Hey everyone, check out my new fotki! There aren't a lot of pics, but still, it's a start. The link is in my siggie. PW is jaluo.

Enjoy! :yep:

Thanks for the complements, ladies!

My stylist uses the Wave by Design permanent curl (on the site it says permanent wave, but whatever!), The active chemical is ammonium thioglycolate. Basically a permanent curl/wave is like a jheri curl or wave noveau. -- You DO NOT want one!! They get super dry and have LOADS of breakage. The word is the hair disinegrates and thins out after a while, and I def don't want that! I am considering transitioning to a relaxer only because my mom won't let me go natural :nono:. I really don't want to relax, because I love my curls. :yep:

HTH!

Last edited:
Thanks for the complements, ladies!

My stylist uses the Wave by Design permanent curl (on the site it says permanent wave, but whatever!), The active chemical is ammonium thioglycolate. Basically a permanent curl/wave is like a jheri curl or wave noveau. -- You DO NOT want one!! They get super dry and have LOADS of breakage. The word is the hair disinegrates and thins out after a while, and I def don't want that! I am considering transitioning to a relaxer only because my mom won't let me go natural :nono:. I really don't want to relax, because I love my curls. :yep:

HTH!

Why won't she LET you go natural...?

She thinks I would regret it due to a lack of styling options. She thinks I don't know my mind. I begged her to get the curl so I could have long hair. My hair was natural until I was 13 and it was only necklength. This was really because I was on a medicine since babyhood that stunted hair growth, but of course I didn't factor that in :nono:. Now that I'm off the medicine, it wouldn't really make a difference in growth, but the damage is done.

Heck, curls don't have much of styling options either. You can't straighten it or anything. I tried a rollerset, but that made it so dry I was afraid I wouldn't have any hair left by the end of the day, and besides you have to deal with reversion and shrinkage, etc.

She actually offered to let me be natural and wear it in braids like I used to if I would pay, then immediately changed her mind. :wallbash: Anyway, it is a very frustrating situation. :ohwell:

Back