I Found the Love of My Life!! SEDU Ceramic Flat Iron Review

Cincysweetie

I am in looooooooooooooooooooooooooove with my SEDU flat iron!!! IDK where to begin, but let me first start by saying that I have used the HAI, the FHI, the CHI, and some cheapie Ceramic Tools flat iron from Sally's. But this one beats them all!!! I recently was using a FHI and had too many problems with it. It snagged my hair and had fallen apart in less than a year.

So I did a little research before buying the SEDU on folica.com. After reading several reviews and ratings, I decided that the SEDU had the best customer responses. I bought it off of that site since they have a good return policy and free shipping, for $118. It was here in a matter of days (less than 5). I was so anxious to use it but didn't get around to using it until last night.

And I am in LOVE!!! I believe I am about 15 weeks post relaxer and this thing straightend my hair OUT! No snags! My hair was so silky and straight. It is not bulky in the least (I originally was skeptical of it b/c I thought it was kinda flimsy looking). Anyway, I look like I have a fresh relaxer, even AFTER I thought I sweat my hair out at the club last night. And, it came with a heat mat to sit it on, and I was impressed that it didn't take a lot of heat to really straighten out my hair, less heat than my FHI took. For those of you shopping around for a flat iron, I highly recommend this one. I've tried several and this one is by far the best that I've tried.

Last edited:
This is awesome to hear! I am currently waiting on my Sedu to arrive. It should be here tomorrow! I'm glad you had a great experience with it. What temperature did you use?

Cincysweetie said:
I am in looooooooooooooooooooooooooove with my SEDU flat iron!!! IDK where to begin, but let me first start by saying that I have used the HAI, the FHI, the CHI, and some cheapie Ceramic Tools flat iron from Sally's. But this one beats them all!!! I recently was using a FHI and had too many problems with it. It snagged my hair and had fallen apart in less than a year.

So I did a little research before buying the SEDU on folica.com. After reading several reviews and ratings, I decided that the SEDU had the best customer responses. I bought it off of that site since they have 30 day money back guarantee and free shipping, for $118. It was here in a matter of days (less than 5). I was so anxious to use it but didn't get around to using it until last night.

And I am in LOVE!!! I believe I am about 15 weeks post relaxer and this thing straightend my hair OUT! No snags! My hair was so silky and straight. It is not bulky in the least (I originally was skeptical of it b/c I thought it was kinda flimsy looking). Anyway, I look like I have a fresh relaxer, even AFTER I thought I sweat my hair out at the club last night. And, it came with a heat mat to set it on, and I was impressed that it didn't take a lot of heat to really straighten out my hair, less heat than my FHI took. For those of you shopping around for a flat iron, I highly recommend this one. I've tried several and this one is by far the best that I've tried.

Yaaaaay! We have a nother convert! I love this thing. This thing is my holy grail. I don't think it gets any better. I too have tried the Chi and other cheapies. Only to have fried/snagged hair. The sedu glides through your hair so silky without ONE snag. It is the best. Congrats!

Ok, now I'm gonna have to get one! I have had my mind set on getting a CHI flat iron for the longest. Even more so after I got my CHI blowdryer and fell in love. But if Cincy says it's the bomb, then I KNOW it is!!

*Off to read up on the Sedu*:)

The tempature settings aren't like what I'm used to, I'm not sure the EXACT setting I used, but it was in the 300 range. On my FHI I was in the 400 area. When I got my SEDU and saw that it only went up to 410 (the FHI goes up to 450) and was a little worried, but no need to be! You will LOVE your SEDU hairlove, make sure you review it after you use it.

Mizani, I was really looking for something that didn't snag my hair, my FHI did that ALL the time and it would make me so angry. I've also never had such silky hair, especially when I haven't had a relaxer in so long.

MizA, you gotta get a SEDU!!! The CHI was nice, better than the FHI in my opinion...but neither touch this. The CHI is very comparable to the FHI, pretty much the same results, not as much snaggin, a nice, more user friendly design IMO...but neither made my hair feel as silky--they made my hair feel and look more dry than anything. I've never tried the Maxiglide, so I can't really compare that...but I find it hard to believe it could be better than the SEDU. And the HAI, IMO is a good starter flat iron. Ceramic, cheaper, but still nice and gets the job down. However, if you don't mind paying a bit for one, and you want a really good one, again I recommend the SEDU!

Last edited:
I have had a Sedu for almost a year now and I will never go back to another flat iron again. My hair went from frizzy and out of control to straight and smooth and it would stay that way until I washed my hair. I'm glad you like it.

Cincy, if you have pictures of before and after, please let us know. Also if anyone has pictures of their hair after using the Seda, please post them here or give us a link. Thanks!

anky said:
Cincy, if you have pictures of before and after, please let us know. Also if anyone has pictures of their hair after using the Seda, please post them here or give us a link. Thanks!
I thought about how I should have taken a before and after pic. I wasn't planning on using heat again until the end of this month, but I may slip some in before I relax again just to show you all how serious this thing is! Anky, your hair looks FAB by the way! Congrats on being FOTM!

Caligurl, you can get one from folica.com

What size did you get? I ordered the 1 1/2 inch but I'm thinking that I should have gotten the 1 inch so that it gets to my roots better.
Also my iron looks like it only goes up to 200 degrees, I haven't tried it yet because I have braids in. I have never have a flat iron with temp control is it actually double what is listed? Ie: 200 degrees equal 400 degrees?

Last edited:
jamiette said:
What size did you get? I ordered the 1 1/2 inch but I'm thinking that I should have gotten the 1 inch so that it gets to my roots better.
Also my iron looks like it only goes up to 200 degrees, I haven't tried it yet because I have braids in. I have never have a flat iron with temp control is it actually double what is listed? Ie: 200 degrees equal 400 degrees?

I went to folica.com and answered my own question about the temperature. But I am still curious about what size ya'll use:confused:

anky said:

Here are some pics of my hair after using the sedu!
DCFC0003-vi.jpg

Here is anoher (excuse the ends, I chopped them in May)

DCFC0009-vi.jpg

i did some research on folica.com, because i was thinking of investing in a Sedu...and here are some before & after pics from various Sedu reviewers. almost everyone had glowing reviews(& some of these reviewers were previous Hai, Chi, Babyliss, FHI, & Solia owners). i read almost 50pgs of reviews:eek: just to make sure that this flat iron was the right one for me! hopefully, this helps someone else out too!

before:
647-hair_styles_kimberly.jpg

after:
648-hair_styles_kimberly2.jpg

review:
i am an African American woman and I relax my hair. After washing and blow drying my hair it is frizzy. I used to have to flat iron my hair twice (1 1/2 hours) to get it straight. Even still it wasn't straight as I wanted it to be until two days later. With the Sedu flat iron it takes only 40 minutes and my hair is super straight and soft right then. My husband loves it - and you know men don't really notice things like that. I've gotten so many compliments. I'm very pleased with this product.
stars-4.gif
Great Flat iron

before:
891-hairwetsedu.jpg

after:
893-sedu_hair_styles.jpg

review:
This is the best investment I have ever made! I LOVE my Sedu. I got so tired of paying $60 per visit to the salon and not even getting my moneys worth! So I did some research and concluded that the Sedu was probably my best bet. Though it's a little pricy, it's definitely WELL worth it. It's paid for itself after about 2 uses.

Step I: I Wash my hair with Pantene Pro-V 2 in 1 Smooth and Silky shampoo and I comb it through well with a brush. Then, I separate it into four parts and dry each part with a towel. I make sure to oil my scalp well-I use Blue Magic Coconut Oil.

Step II: I then go section by section and blow dry on the highest setting. When I've straightened it and my hair is completely dry...I braid each section to keep it out of the way.

Step III: First, I put the SEDU on the highest setting. I start at the bottom with a fine-toothed comb and at each section I put a TINY big of Let's Jam: Heat Styles: Straightening Cream (comes in a orange bottle). As I make each part, I put Coconut Oil on my scalp. Iget the Sedu as close to my scalp as possible and use it in a downwards motion.

Step IV. I style my hair like I want to, spray on some African Essence Oil Free SHINE silicone laminator and then use the sedu with this product.

If you have mixed hair similar to mine, these ideas should work for you! I HIGHLY recommend trying the SEDU it has made everything SO much easier. Now I don't have to sit around and wait in somebody else's chair for hours AND I don't have to scramble around at the last minute trying to find someone to do my hair for a big event. The whole process only takes me about an hour and a half (from wash to straightening). It will definitely be worth your money!
stars-5.gif
The Sedu changed my life!

before:
965-hairstyle.jpg

after:
966-hair_style.jpg

review:

have very very thick curly hair. I wear it curly with lots of mousse or straightened but I've never personally been able to straighten it before. But with Sedu I can and it comes out near perfect. It doesn't come like the salon but in terms of time and money it was definitely worth it! I have to blow it out, put biosilk and then sedu it. Also recently I went to the salon, told the girl I've been using Sedu since September and she said my hair was in beautiful condition. -And DO NOT forget the biosilk, it will not come out as good. Good luck!
stars-4.gif
Miracle Sedu

before:
1010-STA70146_edited.JPG

after:
1011-STA70241_edited.JPG

review:

i am in love with my Sedu flat iron! This is the best product I have ever use on my hair and it's so much healthier now. I was always going to the beauty salon and getting my hair pressed out with a hot comb and it so long for my beautician to finish, and on top of that I was going back to get my hair pressed again every two weeks!!! This took such a burden off of me because I am African American and I have natural hair so if I step out side on a humid day my hair is an automatic puff ball!!! The sedu tames the frizzes and keeps my hair moisturized and shine, my hair is the healthest it's ever been thanks to my Sedu!!! It takes less than 2 minutes to heat up and only takes me twenty minutes to flat iron my hair and because it's ceramic I can touch up my hair as often as I need because it doesn't cause damage like a hot comb does! The Sedu is a must have and I will admit I was skeptical because I am African American and my hair is extremely thick, tangled, and just a pain period. However, with my Sedu flat iron you would never know, so it worth your money by far, it's the best investment I have made in a very long time!!
stars-5.gif
A must have for your hair!!!

Shoot i bought a FHI a few months ago and its good but the sedu sounds like the ish for real. I might just have to trade it in :perplexed .

I LOVE my sedu also. i have been raving about it for sooooo long. i have pics in my fotki of my hair flat ironed with it. it is the best flat iron out there in my opinion!! i love it, i love it, i love it!!!!!

Last edited:
oohh gurl thanks for this post. i just ordered a sedu from folica.com monday. it should get here tommorow. i read the reviews and saw the pics and it had the highest customer ratings. i hope i love it as well.

I've only used mine once. I bought mine from a member here. I had my hair pressed and it came the next day, so I was able to use it to extend my press. Being natural, normally my hair wil revert the next day, but I was able to make it last a week. It's the one inch one, but it gets the job done. I love it.

What...Sedu better than my HAI....NO WAY!!!! I have actually had my eye on the Sedu and the Solia for a while. Even though I love my HAI. That's just the PJ in me. I've recently had my eye on the Maxiglide too. I have heard one negative thing about the Sedu though, and that is that the case gets too hot. Is that true?? Because I have to be able to hold the case covering the plates down so that the iron is tighter on my hair. Give me your opinions on that.

Also, has anyone tried the Solia??

Ms_Twana said:
What...Sedu better than my HAI....NO WAY!!!! I have actually had my eye on the Sedu and the Solia for a while. Even though I love my HAI. That's just the PJ in me. I've recently had my eye on the Maxiglide too. I have heard one negative thing about the Sedu though, and that is that the case gets too hot. Is that true?? Because I have to be able to hold the case covering the plates down so that the iron is tighter on my hair. Give me your opinions on that.

Also, has anyone tried the Solia??

yeah it does get hot. it is NOT for the people who needs two hands to flat iron. but that's my opinion.

.. ive tried 30 dollar irons and80, 100 and 250 dollar irons. they all seem to be the same in my opinion.... so im not sure how i feel about investing more on that appliance.... most of the review pictures look like my reg flat iron results...soooooo who knows..

.. ive tried 30 dollar irons and80, 100 and 250 dollar irons. they all seem to be the same in my opinion.... so im not sure how i feel about investing more on that appliance.... most of the review pictures look like my reg flat iron results...soooooo who knows..

MizaniMami said:
yeah it does get hot. it is NOT for the people who needs two hands to flat iron. but that's my opinion.

Okay, this one's not for me then. My hair is super thick and I absolutely HAVE TO hold the iron down tighter. Otherwise, my hair will still be poofy. Thanks Mizani.

Back